Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Campleo

Thread: Help me to Counter 4-3W-3 (Hard Attacking Side)

Help me to Counter 4-3W-3 (Hard Attacking Side)

I have my Champions league Semifinal Away match tomorrow Against a very attacking opponents.

He basically play a very attacking 4-3W-3, his main ST is having an overall of 115% and is the top scorer & assist maker of both champions league and his respective league.

His team has +90 Goal difference in his league and had some 5+ goals in Champions League group stage too. Again most goals are coming from ST, either he scores or he assisted AMR, AML, and surprisingly his MR and MR has 5+ goals in champions league only. Looks like he plays 4-3W-3 hard attacking, Down both flanks.

The only positive side is his defence, he has two 5 star DC with average skills, and two converted DL/DR (even his DL/DR has 3+ Goals). Pure insane stats.

Now, to counter this I have several ideas, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1(V).

Looking at his ST stats, I think my defence need protection of DMC. Even though he has no AMC

Should I play 4-5-1[v] with man to man defence?
    play "Normal" "Down both Flank" "Mixed" "Low pressure" "Hard tackling" "No offside trap"

Please share your suggestions and opinion.

Addicted
    Maybe you should consider 3 DC to counter their ST, and hard defending to try and hold him off and then conter him!

Pro
    A minimum of 4 defenders + DMC or even 5 defenders if your defenders quality is some way off in quality from opponent’s attackers.

4-1-4-1 or 5-4-1 is more secure.

If you have a very good AMC, then can consider 4-4-1-1, with 1 MC pull back to close to DMC and up-arrow AMC pull back to MC. Effectively 4-0.5-4-0.5-1.

4-5v-1 won’t work well as combination of your DL & AML would be brushed aside by 2v3 on both flanks with higher quality players too.
    4-4-2 is a tad risky unless their DCs are weaker than your 2 STs. It is like playing a roulette of gambling if your 2STs or opponents front 3 taking more chances.

All the best of luck with your match there!
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    A minimum of 4 defenders + DMC or even 5 defenders if your defenders quality is some way off in quality from opponent’s attackers.

4-1-4-1 or 5-4-1 is more secure.

If you have a very good AMC, then can consider 4-4-1-1, with 1 MC pull back to close to DMC and up-arrow AMC pull back to MC. Effectively 4-0.5-4-0.5-1.

4-5v-1 won’t work well as combination of your DL & AML would be brushed aside by 2v3 on both flanks with higher quality players too.
    4-4-2 is a tad risky unless their DCs are weaker than your 2 STs. It is like playing a roulette of gambling if your 2STs or opponents front 3 taking more chances.

All the best of luck with your match there!
    Somehow 4-5-1V worked, i wont 4-2 with less possession and more in target shots

what the order??