Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is he a Striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    One striker setups usually counts on goals from advanced Wingers or midfielders to have any effect. the 4-5-1 V ie, sees the AMS actually scoring a lot more than the striker since the striker is often used as assisting pole for the AM's overlaps.

A real example would be Bayern Munchen, where Robben and Ribery has high scoring rates compared to the strikers.
    Absolutely agree!!

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunners View Post
    Last season in the first day I bought a very promising striker and as my formation uses only one ST I hoped he would score a lot of goals.. But it prooved he isn't much of a striker as he assists more than he scores lol. An indication: This season, in a total of 8 matches until now he scored 2 goals and assisted 7 ! Last season about the same, although I don't remember his statistics he was my best player in assists but he didn't score too many goals... So is he a striker? Do you think he is doing a good job or should I replace him? He is still young and a pretty good trainer so it is a tough decision...

sometimes ST goal scoring rate is affected by the team format. like my team i use AML and AMR its always they score more than the striker

It is amazing at times the difference between strikers. I mostly use 2, and always have one on the bench for going all out attack with 3 - one of them was fine when I bought him first. But he's not scored in a while, but he does assist the other 2. He's the one on the bench mostly, my super sub if you like. I never expect him to score [the odd goal he does net] but I'm confident he'll set one of the others up for a late goal, fine by me!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123