Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with strikers

Problems with strikers

Hi,

During part of the season I have had some trouble scoring goals and I am looking for solutions for the next season.

My team has a overall quality of 102%. I have got two strikers (playing 4-4-2) with these stats:

- ST1: 24 yo, 85% overall quality but 116% attack, including Shots 134% and Definition 164%. Last season he was top scorer
    - ST2: 20 yo, 93% overall quality but 130% attack, including Shots 139% and Definition 156%.

What should I do the next season? I can look for one of those overpriced strikers in "Scouting", but will it really be worth it? For example, right now I see a striker with these qualities:

- 22 yo, 116% overall, 121% attack, Shots 130%, Definition 128%.

Will he actually improve or deteriorate my attack?

What other options do I have? I have been looking for fast trainers in the ST position but it is hard to find them - and if you find them, it is hard to actually buy them as there are so many bidders

Right now I have a ST in my youth academy but he won't be worth it (~55%)

Thanks!

Hi, i suggest for your issue - wait for the new season then buy if not when you level in the next season it will drop a star.

I suggest not go for overpriced strikers in "scouting" as you are able to get something similar or cheaper than you are buying of.

How about swapping your formation? hope this help. All the best!

Try swapping your formation and your ST positioning. Always keep is morale high and don't push him too hard in training. I had the same issue at the beginning of the season, now he has rediscovered his scoring form and back on the Top scorer's chart.

Quote Originally Posted by deepedgefc View Post
    Try swapping your formation and your ST positioning. Always keep is morale high and don't push him too hard in training. I had the same issue at the beginning of the season, now he has rediscovered his scoring form and back on the Top scorer's chart.
    What is exactly "too hard"? Is it a thing of condition? I mean, is there a problem if I train him 4x a day with 15% condition drop trainings, provided I spend a couple of greens making sure he's over 80% condition before the next match?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykler2 View Post
    What is exactly "too hard"? Is it a thing of condition? I mean, is there a problem if I train him 4x a day with 15% condition drop trainings, provided I spend a couple of greens making sure he's over 80% condition before the next match?
    I always make sure my players are on 95+ condition before a match. I rotate my team a little, particularly for some players whose condition seems to drop off a cliff after a game. Going into a game with just 80+ condition won't cut it. After 30 minutes of play, they'll already be at 60% compared to the opponents who will be on 80%.

Don't push the training too much. The major benefit you're looking for in terms of training are the team bonuses for attack, defence, etc. After each season, it's likely you'll ditch a lot of players, so personally I don't see the point in continually training up your favourite players because they get old, they train slower over time, and you're better off selling them on and dipping into the transfer market auctions.

This is my first season and I've already won the cup. I've technically won the league as well because there are only 3 games left and I'm 11 points ahead of 2nd place. I haven't spent real money to play the game. I sold half my team (over the month) and replaced them with better players. I bought players around the 28-31 years range, as it was easier to win the auction. I managed to get a 5 star MC for just 1 token - I know that doesn't sound great, but considering my best MC at the time was 3½ stars, it's a big jump.

Also, think about your formation. When I started playing, I always went with attack and I tried a 4-3(wide)-3 in one game, which was a disaster, and I lost 1-5. After that, I realised that it seems to be more about possession. So I've started using a narrower midfield. If the opponent is playing narrow, then I'd use AML/AMR; otherwise I'd use ML/MR. I've not lost a league/cup game since then.

Even against weak teams, I resisted using attack instruction unless I was playing at home. I'd also resist a light midfield - ultimately, if you can get the ball, you can create chances. I beat teams that were just 10% weaker by using Normal instructions, playing through the middle (because I pack the midfield), and won two of them 8-0, and another one 7-0. My I was playing just ONE striker, and he wasn't the only one who scored.

So think about that - goals do not just come from the ST. I've beaten two teams that were 20% stronger than me by deploying an AMC as my only attacking player. Obviously I parked the bus and played defensively. But it worked. So team formation is actually more important than a lot of the other stuff.

I always make sure my players are on 95+ condition before a match. I rotate my team a little, particularly for some players whose condition seems to drop off a cliff after a game. Going into a game with just 80+ condition won't cut it. After 30 minutes of play, they'll already be at 60% compared to the opponents who will be on 80%.

Don't push the training too much. The major benefit you're looking for in terms of training are the team bonuses for attack, defence, etc. After each season, it's likely you'll ditch a lot of players, so personally I don't see the point in continually training up your favourite players because they get old, they train slower over time, and you're better off selling them on and dipping into the transfer market auctions.

This is my first season and I've already won the cup. I've technically won the league as well because there are only 3 games left and I'm 11 points ahead of 2nd place. I haven't spent real money to play the game. I sold half my team (over the month) and replaced them with better players. I bought players around the 28-31 years range, as it was easier to win the auction. I managed to get a 5 star MC for just 1 token - I know that doesn't sound great, but considering my best MC at the time was 3½ stars, it's a big jump.

Also, think about your formation. When I started playing, I always went with attack and I tried a 4-3(wide)-3 in one game, which was a disaster, and I lost 1-5. After that, I realised that it seems to be more about possession. So I've started using a narrower midfield. If the opponent is playing narrow, then I'd use AML/AMR; otherwise I'd use ML/MR. I've not lost a league/cup game since then.

Even against weak teams, I resisted using attack instruction unless I was playing at home. I'd also resist a light midfield - ultimately, if you can get the ball, you can create chances. I beat teams that were just 10% weaker by using Normal instructions, playing through the middle (because I pack the midfield), and won two of them 8-0, and another one 7-0. My I was playing just ONE striker, and he wasn't the only one who scored.

So think about that - goals do not just come from the ST. I've beaten two teams that were 20% stronger than me by deploying an AMC as my only attacking player. Obviously I parked the bus and played defensively. But it worked. So team formation is actually more important than a lot of the other stuff.

First few season are pretty easy to win trophies so dont get carried away with your achievements. You dont even know about 90% of the stuff you will need to know about and understand even less of it. You will learn over time though.
    Last edited by Kelpie Grant; 06-20-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Famous
    Squodge and Kelpie Grant are one and the same?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykler2 View Post
    Hi,

During part of the season I have had some trouble scoring goals and I am looking for solutions for the next season.

My team has a overall quality of 102%. I have got two strikers (playing 4-4-2) with these stats:

- ST1: 24 yo, 85% overall quality but 116% attack, including Shots 134% and Definition 164%. Last season he was top scorer
    - ST2: 20 yo, 93% overall quality but 130% attack, including Shots 139% and Definition 156%.

What should I do the next season? I can look for one of those overpriced strikers in "Scouting", but will it really be worth it? For example, right now I see a striker with these qualities:

- 22 yo, 116% overall, 121% attack, Shots 130%, Definition 128%.

Will he actually improve or deteriorate my attack?

What other options do I have? I have been looking for fast trainers in the ST position but it is hard to find them - and if you find them, it is hard to actually buy them as there are so many bidders

Right now I have a ST in my youth academy but he won't be worth it (~55%)

Thanks!
    Try and get a striker with Free kick skill, he should bang a few in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Squodge and Kelpie Grant are one and the same?
    No, the other guy just didn't quote me, so it looks like he's saying what I'm saying.
    Either way, I do take on board what he says (that the first few seasons might be easy), but I've got friends who've played TE for a few years and they've only ever got 2nd or 3rd place trophies in all that time. I'm not saying I'm a great player... just that, staying on topic, ST isn't 100% vital in a game, and that your players' condition is also very important.

Quote Originally Posted by squodge View Post
    No, the other guy just didn't quote me, so it looks like he's saying what I'm saying.
    Either way, I do take on board what he says (that the first few seasons might be easy), but I've got friends who've played TE for a few years and they've only ever got 2nd or 3rd place trophies in all that time. I'm not saying I'm a great player... just that, staying on topic, ST isn't 100% vital in a game, and that your players' condition is also very important.
    Lol. This is me. About 30 real seasons and I've only won 4 league titles. Almost always 2nd in the league. Been in 4 CL finals and never won. Won the cup only once ever too.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 06-20-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast