Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?

How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?

Hi,

Since I started reading the forums I have seen that several people are talking about their "mythical" players, who have been in their squad for a lot of seasons. My question is, how do you get them to improve every season - specially when they are older. After all, normally you promote every season and that means you lose a star. As older players do not improve as quick, normally this means that a 6* , 24 years old player will turn in 2/3 seasons in a bench player no matter wha. How do you avoid this?

I train them until the age of 25 years old, most of the times up to 160+% with 25 and so they last until 28-29 at 6 star minimum. But I only do it for offensive players, defensive I replace with 24-26 mostly.
    RaiKo likes this.

By training hard . I have a left winger who has been performing from past 3 season very good(won all 3 league top scorer award).
    In a season he can gain upto 25% quality meaning he can atleast hold his rating.
    He is currently 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    I train them until the age of 25 years old, most of the times up to 160+% with 25 and so they last until 28-29 at 6 star minimum. But I only do it for offensive players, defensive I replace with 24-26 mostly.
    Can I check how much greens do you spend to maintain players at those ages? My understanding is that age 22 or above will be so much difficult compare to 18~21 ages. i have a few players that i wish to increase their skills as they are coming to 22 soon. if there's too much greens - i might have to turn to young players to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparksue View Post
    Can I check how much greens do you spend to maintain players at those ages? My understanding is that age 22 or above will be so much difficult compare to 18~21 ages. i have a few players that i wish to increase their skills as they are coming to 22 soon. if there's too much greens - i might have to turn to young players to help me.
    For example my AML ML I currently have:

390 greens from 47% to 133 % at the age of 19
    260 greens from 116% to 163% at the age of 21
    230 greens from 113% to 152% at the age of 25

Now he is 26 at 140%, he will play until he is 28 or 29. I replace when a player doesn't have 100% anymore at season start and I don't train players older than 25.
    Grandef, WiseSif and Sparksue like this.

Apprentice
    For example my AML ML I currently have:

390 greens from 47% to 133 % at the age of 19
    260 greens from 116% to 163% at the age of 21
    230 greens from 113% to 152% at the age of 25

Now he is 26 at 140%, he will play until he is 28 or 29. I replace when a player doesn't have 100% anymore at season start and I don't train players older than 25.
    What about the drills you used to train your players? I used the same strategy as yours and at 21 yo, I train grey skills so it took a lot less green to raise %.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandef View Post
    What about the drills you used to train your players? I used the same strategy as yours and at 21 yo, I train grey skills so it took a lot less green to raise %.
    Yeah I do the same. I always do a plan with my sequence of the drills I want to use. With 19 yo I train 120% averages in the drills, with 21 yo I raise it 140% averages as it is still quite cheap then. So the best version of my player is with 21-23 years old.
    With 25 again, I only do 120% averages again, and, like you said, I train a lot of greys. Because by then my player already has very good white skills to overall quality ratio and now I just care about him lasting longer so he can delay my replacement. Training a replacement for the first time is most expensive.

I also found pictures of the player how he looked after every training. I don't exactly know what I trained at which stage anymore unfortunately. I just know that with 25 I also trained a lot of grey and things like Piggy in the middle, Stop The Attacker, Hurdle Jumps etc.

How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-aml-khusnetdinov19.jpg

How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-aml-khusnetdinov21.jpg

How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-aml-khusnetdinov25.jpg

Apprentice
    Yeah I do the same. I always do a plan with my sequence of the drills I want to use. With 19 yo I train 120% averages in the drills, with 21 yo I raise it 140% averages as it is still quite cheap then. So the best version of my player is with 21-23 years old.
    With 25 again, I only do 120% averages again, and, like you said, I train a lot of greys. Because by then my player already has very good white skills to overall quality ratio and now I just care about him lasting longer so he can delay my replacement. Training a replacement for the first time is most expensive.

I also found pictures of the player how he looked after every training. I don't exactly know what I trained at which stage anymore unfortunately. I just know that with 25 I also trained a lot of grey and things like Piggy in the middle, Stop The Attacker, Hurdle Jumps etc.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I do. I don't have old player with my account (level 7 now). Here are some of my players, the training is not finished yet:
    How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-amr.jpg
    How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-mc.jpg
    How to maintain your players several seasons in your team?-dl.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M and WiseSif like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AML-Khusnetdinov19.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	134439

Name:	AML-Khusnetdinov21.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	134440

Name:	AML-Khusnetdinov25.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	134441
    Thanks for the reply - May i know why do we need to train grey skills? my understanding is to just train white skills so that grey skills will drop to 1% and easier to push white skills higher and faster? Based on your explanation - yr22 are still able to train? I currently not sure should i train my 22yr as he's at 65%?
    RaiKo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparksue View Post
    Thanks for the reply - May i know why do we need to train grey skills? my understanding is to just train white skills so that grey skills will drop to 1% and easier to push white skills higher and faster? Based on your explanation - yr22 are still able to train? I currently not sure should i train my 22yr as he's at 65%?
    I do not only train grey, but Drills that involve 1 white skill and 2 grey skills for example, like in the example above Hurdle Jumps for Speed, Bravery, Aggression.
    It is, because in my opinion, overall quality % is still the Main factor when 2 Teams meet, not only skills. I like my players to have white skills all around 200% but not much above as it is expensive to train and for me not so effective. So I prefer to train some grey later in the players career for cheap to maintain a high overall %. It is my philosophy, other people will tell and do Different.
    Thats why I also State it is good to train players 22-25 yo if you have a rather unbalanced Player in terms of skills and so are able to find good Drills, that are on a lower average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast