Page 117 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1497
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Season 35

Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    Attachment 682 I'm so glad that I go to the final round of the champion league for the first time. In the semi-final, 1st leg, I lost 4-0 away. In the 2nd leg, I won the match 5-0 at home with extra time
    Definitely beats my turnaround last season in the cup. 2-4 down in the first leg at home, won 3-0 away in the 2nd leg.

Congratulations A performance like that deserves the trophy

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

When I learn that I got defeated 4-0 when I check the result, I was shocked as my player's quality and rating for the match is about the same as my opponent. In the first leg, 2 of my best defender cannot play because 1 is injured and another one got 2 yellow cards from other match. My opponent and I used the same formation for both legs. for the 2nd leg, 1 of my best defender is back and I bought 1 5* experience defender. I watched the match. Well...I guess I was very lucky.

Balls... CL match is at 4:15pm... Why is mine so early.. I don't get back home until 5

And on the train there's no signal so I can't watch it on my phone...

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Balls... CL match is at 4:15pm... Why is mine so early.. I don't get back home until 5

And on the train there's no signal so I can't watch it on my phone...
    I've got an early CL Final match as well, 4.30pm GMT, Probably the earliest CL Final I have had so far.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Not looking too good for the title, inferior goal difference.
    Goal difference is an problem im playing the bottom 3

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Could it be a season where you purposely miss out from Top 7, to strength squad for the next season?
    Are you saying that i will be throwing matches away this season Im still in the hunt for 4th spot ermmm not sure what to do

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Not so great news, 2 of my opponents win yesterday 1 have same points like me and second one 1 point less, I am forced now to win all games till end.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Lesson from a beginner...

A quick disclaimer that before I delve into my tirade – I’m not an expert in this game. Infact, I consider myself a rookie learning the ropes and I’m learning pretty fast in 3seasons of play. It’s a trite fact, this game is fraught with so many documented shortcoming. I have been on the receiving end of some of it and sometimes disappointed by some result but i never blame the game engine for my failings because my understanding is like life itself is not perfect. We need to play the odds and take calculated risk to succeed in life. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but don’t forget to enjoy the game because you don’t have to be 1st to be a winner.

Last season, i drew 2-2 away in the 1st leg of a cup semi finals. The bloke played a formation that I thought could be bested over two legs. However, I lost the 2nd leg at home 1-2 (I was very disspointed) but took it along with my stride. Now come this season, I was through to the cup semi finals. 1st match was at home, my opponent played an ultra defensive 5-1-3(MCs)-1? Formation with hard tackle and counter attack etc;

DL---DC----DC----DC-----DR
    --------------DMC----------------
    ------MC-----MC-------MC
    ------------ST------------

I went all out to attack but he out foxed me with his snatch and grab tactics and I lost 0-1 at home! I tried to get an equalizer to no avail, again i was disppointed but I was cautiously optimistic that the 2nd leg was winnable. I have to score the 1st goal in the return leg, so i decided to try somthing different. I poured over different tactics and formation from the forum and finally settled for the mobile attacking formation of:
    DL(up)--------------DC----------------DR(up)
    ------DMC(down)------DMC(down)---
    -------------------MC(up)--------------------
    AML(up)------------------------------AMR(up)
    --------------------ST----ST--------------------

For the tactics (order), I gave this a deep thought and tried reverse psychology on my opponent, who expect me attack him hard, whole pitch pressing and offisde trap – then he can resist and probably do another snatch and grab. The key is I don’t want him defending hard, i have to draw his men out without him knowing. So, went for a defensive, counter attack, own half pressing (a la combining a fast attacking formation with a defensive tactics!!)...before he knew what hit him – I was up 0-2 by the 8th min. Opponent was shocked, he made 2quick changes and brought on a ST and AMC, while changing his tactics to attacking...ah ah. The game opened up and we (Yeah FC) won the game 2-6 and went though 6-3 on aggregate. It was a satisfying win for trying something different. The final will be a different ball game but I will never be afriaid of trying something different and enjoy the game – win or loss.

A nice start to the day with a 0-6 win in the league.
    Hope the goal quota does not dry up for the final later.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    A nice start to the day with a 0-6 win in the league.
    Hope the goal quota does not dry up for the final later.
    Thats nice, I wish you all the best for the final!
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook