Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 141 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    In my opinion these averages at the bottom are not important. 500% finishing could be with the top scorer awards. Of course it raises overall quality of the player, so not too bad as well.
    I would make sure however, that the other white skills for the position are also high. I have some skills on 300%+ for young players to keep them longer on a high level.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing your opinion Der Ryan
    There must be a reason why players play like that though especially since it is beyond the 340 cap yet raises quality. Moreover, the player i spoke to is a very successful higher level hard manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I have a question as well. I have seen some players with 400-500 plus finishing. When i ask them why they do that since the cap is 340, i am told that it makes them better players as its the overall attacking value of the player that matters not the individual skills. True?

I have never come close to any skill hitting 300 till this season (due to tanking). Am just checking as this might mean that multiple positions are a really good idea and i dont have to spend so much time and effort raising shooting.
    I think there are many different categories with different weightage. White skills, grey skills, attacking, physical, defensive and many more that we might not know of. It is also impossible to know which are selected to have a real impact on each match.

I sit at the camp that believes the 340 cap is real and individual skills matter so I don't let certain players play easy league games to prevent them from raising quality without any gain in performance. Shooting is perhaps the only exception as it isnt easy maintaining so I allow it to cross the 340 mark for my free kick taker.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your opinion Der Ryan
    There must be a reason why players play like that though especially since it is beyond the 340 cap yet raises quality. Moreover, the player i spoke to is a very successful higher level hard manipulator.
    Sorry but a hard manipulator doesn't face a lot of challenging games, so he may not be the best expert to talk about this... But in the end everyone needs to find out what works for himself.

Sorry but a hard manipulator doesn't face a lot of challenging games, so he may not be the best expert to talk about this... But in the end everyone needs to find out what works for himself.
    Beg to differ. A player who faces many challenging games does not necessarily know how the game works. An inactive player who sets up his team once a season faces tougher challenges than manipulators but knows nothing. It's about experiences and observation imo. Some people tend to be more analytical than others. Nothing to do with manager gameplay skills to understand how the system reacts to player attributes.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 02-17-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

We are playing the QFs of the Super League today, after a 1-5 win away and a 4-0 with our 106% team vs 110% opponent.
    Bought a couple of scouts to improve the attack power that was almost null and worked.

Trying to win the 16th SL and promote as 8th. I'm just administrating competitions and collecting SLs so Im not interfering in the title fight.

Beg to differ. A player who faces many challenging games does not necessarily know how the game works. An inactive player who sets up his team once a season faces tougher challenges than manipulators but knows nothing. It's about experiences and observation imo. Some people tend to be more analytical than others. Nothing to do with manager gameplay skills to understand how the system reacts to player attributes.
    I didn't say that the manipulator doesn't know how the game works. In fact he probably is a very smart and experienced manager. But dealing with tough opponents and handling these matches tactically is another thing. I speak from experience. When every other game is a challenge, mastering those is what makes you learn a lot about the engine and such.
    khris and Sillybq like this.

I didn't say that the manipulator doesn't know how the game works. In fact he probably is a very smart and experienced manager. But dealing with tough opponents and handling these matches tactically is another thing. I speak from experience. When every other game is a challenge, mastering those is what makes you learn a lot about the engine and such.
    Basically a experienced player knows about the T11 system when the engine creates the competitions, but ofc. if you face equal or higher quality teams you will need to make more decisions, because with an AvQ advantadge over some competitors or training the players, may not be enough.
    Work to get the best performance in all areas -FKs-Corners included-, read the scenario during live matches, get rid of players that have a low contribution despite of thousands of greens invested, is a need.

Actually when every game is a challenge and you cant win trophies. Thats when we lose interest and become less active. That's why so many associations have high level players who arent active and do not train much.

No matter how good, rich and experienced you are, you wont win every game. Its not always the players fault, sometimes its what the game dictates.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

I keep an open mind no matter who I speak to and prefer not to pass judgement on others so I can't quite relate to the statement on 'best' expert on the matter. How do you tell who is the real expert anyway? I personally prefer following a humble leader rather than self proclaimed experienced player but that's just me.

The tactical part and match experience was totally not part of my question. I take it as you are one of those who dislike manipulators and you needed to squeeze that in somehow. It was basically implying that players who play normal are more skilled but no issue, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    Last edited by Sillybq; 02-18-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

I keep an open mind no matter who I speak to and prefer not to pass judgement on others so I can't quite relate to the statement on 'best' expert on the matter. How do you tell who is the real expert anyway? I personally prefer following a humble leader rather than self proclaimed experienced player but that's just me.

The tactical part and match experience was totally not part of my question. I take it as you are one of those who dislike manipulators and you needed to squeeze that in somehow. It was basically implying that players who play normal are more skilled but no issue, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    You cannot know who is the real expert... Is there one even? You hear a thing here, read a thing there and then you try it out and form your own opinion.
    And somehow almost everybody in this game thinks, that his way of doing things is the only right one. But we both know, that this isn't true.
    So basically all I wanted to say is, try out stuff yourself. What I said above was also just my opinion, that these things doesn't really matter in my eyes and that your expert will also just passed his own opinions and experience to you, which can be somewhat true, but doesn't have to be.

Plus the other topic was about the manipulators... I don't have anything against them, I tried it out myself before. But just because someone has a huge trophy cabinet and an insane winning record, it doesn't necessarily mean he is one of the best managers. In fact the hardest-to-beat and most respectable managers I know, are the ones with also good records, but not those perfect ones.
    At the end it's just about taking the good stuff from every mentor you might meet and develop your own strategy. It's what I did and it really helped me on my way! I wouldn't consider myself as one of the best managers, but I am happy with where my knowledge is now compared to a few years ago and always learning more.
    Sillybq, HeavensAAA and RaiKo like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast