Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: King of Kings: why is it a mess

King of Kings: why is it a mess

Why has this ridiculous format still going? Five times my main opponent played me in a row losing, and he just gets another go. It’s a joke. The only way is to try and play him as close to end as possible and just hope you get in last. That’s not skill or competition. Terribly flawed competition

i agree, my opponet is 177%, and i stopped trying....

Stopped playing too.
    Last edited by milpol; 02-12-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

Addicted
    It seems that every possible update made with start of the new season is pretty disappointing. Nordeus is going for the wrong path - wrong turn
    maloukees likes this.

You beat someone but actually he loses nothing. He can keep trying to beat you as many times as he wants as a revenge and if he beats you once,
    you lose a trophy and he also gets one. So he covers a difference of two trophies or he can go from under you to above you, just with one win. It is totally ridiculous.

I was top from start to finish, beating everyone. Then 2nd place beat me with no time for me to get revenge so he finished top. That will not happen tonight.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Blok 45 View Post
    You beat someone but actually he loses nothing. He can keep trying to beat you as many times as he wants as a revenge and if he beats you once,
    you lose a trophy and he also gets one. So he covers a difference of two trophies or he can go from under you to above you, just with one win. It is totally ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    I was top from start to finish, beating everyone. Then 2nd place beat me with no time for me to get revenge so he finished top. That will not happen tonight.
    With obvious 2 top teams in final phase, the number 1 thing we must do on day 1: MUST NOT challenge that closest challenger no matter what until the last minute.

Because initiative is handed to opposition after we have challenged. They have the upper hand in beating us at last minute.

That usually applies to both days 2 & 3 too. So in a way the mechanics is very well-balanced for a skilled manager - he can let the challenger take that trophy, and beat him with last challenge in 2 of 3 days. Job done, very easily. Burning Ts to win that trophy first is only counter-productive.

Only when there are 3 contenders then burning Ts could help a bit. Still, a very skilled manager could use the last challenge with 8 minutes to spare to win one, and spend 2T in the last min to kill off the other. Still. Burning Ts won’t help much either.

Day 2 & 3 matches should be played in the sequence of inactivity of opponents in the draw (similar in day 1 to challenge the ones with least activity first, not weakest who may just logon to ruin our trophy count).

Having an unusual defensive setup to utilise our midfielders’ strengths is very important for KoK events’ time regular setup. That is both to deter random inferior opponents’ challenges (they may have a look and immediately decide it is best to challenge someone else) and minimise goal difference vs matches possibly against closest challenges. Equally, having a strong yet variable attackers to outscore as many as possible is as important, especially in a 3/4-way tie challengers’ situation (2 won’t make any difference with gd, as either wins 2 of 3 last min challenges will win anyway)
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-12-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Total waste of time, Top Eleven are getting desperate and throwing garbage at walk to see what sticks. Scam of Scams is a total joke. Can hardly get the game to allow me to play then get the usual crap results. Outshot my opponent 12-4 but lost match 3-1, a team I was 27% stronger than 🤣🤣. Gave on playing for results and just play to kill time in lockdown. Game is fading fast .
    maloukees likes this.

POS event! Those greedy developers don't seem to realize that people are spending real money on this crap game and still getting a draw with 20% stronger team!!!! WTF! There is NO WAY to beat that team with active manager! NO WAY!
    This kind of greed and laziness should be punished by law!

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PohlepniGadovi View Post
    POS event! Those greedy developers don't seem to realize that people are spending real money on this crap game and still getting a draw with 20% stronger team!!!! WTF! There is NO WAY to beat that team with active manager! NO WAY!
    This kind of greed and laziness should be punished by law!
    Quote Originally Posted by No more View Post
    Total waste of time, Top Eleven are getting desperate and throwing garbage at walk to see what sticks. Scam of Scams is a total joke. Can hardly get the game to allow me to play then get the usual crap results. Outshot my opponent 12-4 but lost match 3-1, a team I was 27% stronger than ������������. Gave on playing for results and just play to kill time in lockdown. Game is fading fast .
    Mate, it is all about getting a right balance in the formation and shape against opponents in KoK, with formation, orders and strategy suiting the necessity of scoreline (win big or concede none to win 1:0). Quality alone is useless without the right strategy. And also a properly devised defensive formation suited to our players specifically for KoK is needed if we want to protect our trophies as hard as we could (or at least make the inferior opponents put us on the back of his challenge list, and the closest challenges feel unwilling to challenge us until later - for a better control of trophy counts). Requires right timing to hit the closest challenger with own confidence of how to beat a higher quality team with the best use of our players.

Just an illustration of my 4 low-level teams on how they fare in this event.
    Main account level 4. 3 new starter level-1 clubs. None bought scouts, and none can access to negotiations yet, so impossible for mutants or tanked players.
    (Main account record is 160-3-0 with only total of 13 goals conceded)

Main level-4 122% team. Drawn with 137% and 5 teams of 108%-118%.
    Currently leading with max 18 trophies and 30+ gd, by beating him twice with 30s on the clock on both matchdays (1st day he took and I retook; 2nd day I took and he failed to win at last minute - challenger faced with a huge decision to only challenge once on 2nd day - lost then no chance to burn T; or risk taking early to be taken again). Nearly guaranteed 1st (unless something unthinkable happens). Won against all challenges except 1 in matchday 1 by 2nd, which is the key to hand my team the initiative.
    Even more glad with the win as it is against a tanker!
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-e1-dfa47-d-2-c74-4077-89-a0-894-e7-d4-b0683.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-598-c8645-69-c0-471-e-a715-4-d32-c0-f23990.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-dbe68-e59-d100-41-d1-8-ced-dc960-ce64-f98.jpg
    (I did try my very best in making use of the earned special sponsor rewards with freeloader’s 1&3 on-fire status alongside with the firestarter event, as well as a bit of luck of DMC getting to 120% and gifted status to GK too, just started today for specifically for this match)

New starter level-1 club 81%. Drawn with 6 teams of 78%-86%. Decided to pay 5T for 110% DC loan offer, and team improves to 87%.
    Also leading by max 18 trophies and guaranteed 1st. Defended successfully against all challenges (around 10+).
    The dropped activity of other teams mainly due to possibly them finding it difficult to win against same-quality opponents and won against each other.
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-853-d7-de8-c070-4-d40-ab60-e8-cd19-ec48-ba.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-781-ea8-a4-d7-b2-47-ea-a3-e2-e19-f1-a969337.jpg

New starter level-1 club 91%. Drawn with 2x 123% teams, 3x 108-110% and 3x 95%-98%. On-paper there is no chance of getting anything at all.
    With 5 teams trying their best, my 91% team somehow stole 3rd on matchday 2 by overtaking 3rd place in last minute match in extra time by 6:5. That team has a AML with finishing of 270%! Took his trophy and place in 3rd along the way (with the helping hand of 4th also beating him (7 trophies became 5 ).
    Very small chance of getting a final 3rd, but it shows that 20% inferior teams with worse players do have a chance with the right tactics when surrounded by 20%+ teams.
    (Probably better achievement than the previous 81% team when comparing opponents’ quality)
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-ee73-e59-b355-438-e-8-d49-5323-d4339-cd7.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE73-E59-A-B355-438-E-8-D49-5323-D4339-CD7.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	136495
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-ed7-dfb36-1-d4-49-b8-986-b-e36216-e84-a01.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-f95-f00-e4-7900-443-e-88-a0-db26-abb8-c001.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-750204-b9-4-c6-b-4-dab-a7-f8-43-e286-f56-e1-c.jpg
    (It is already a fact the top few teams in this draw has intentionally skipped challenging my team until very late as most of them tasted repeated defeats against the supposedly weakest in the draw when my trophy count in matchday is often 4th with a chance of 3rd)

New starter level-1 87% team. Drawn with 126%, 121%, 3x 108%-113-%, with the rest 95%+.
    No such heroics with this team as it comes with a bit weaker squad when less luck with auctions.
    Still, successful defence against a 113% team with a 87% team in defence is something worth mentioning (25% worse in defence)
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-15-c6420-e-6-fab-430-c-b2-d1-eed1546721-c5.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-3-bb2-af7-f-b995-433-c-af8-d-741-ea6-f536-f7.jpg
    King of Kings: why is it a mess-5-cf85186-5440-4-ef1-a566-3415-c04-ccd70.jpg

These are my low level accounts without mutants, scouts, upselling or whatever. When even level 4 can win against 15%+ and level-1 freeloader can win the top prizes (isn’t that amazing!?), there is no way to suggest that the gameplay or event itself is skewed towards any side - I bet all the paying managers within my first 2 draws would be furious in not winning, but at the end of the day, it is all about my own formation, orders and strategy which wins the day or not (maybe paying manager has the final say when there are both equally skilled managers and also with both sets of fantastic squads without much difference at all).

So don’t give up just yet, Let’s go on and win the prizes with our skills and passion!
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-12-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Adding the exciting 6:5 scoreline sc
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast