Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: European Super League and its repercussions

Pro

European Super League and its repercussions

It is an extremely sad day with the announcement of some 12 clubs, plus another 3 soon, of the launch of a rich-gang monopoly-clubs competition called the ‘ European Super League’.

Anticipating being expelled from local league and all current European competitions, these clubs would also expect all their players to only play in those so-called league matches within their own gang of max 20 when FIFA has already announced that all players who participate in this so-called league will be banned from World Cup and all international matches.

And no wonder Nordeus has suddenly promoted a series of official bundles to cash-in as much as they could when it is expected many, if not most, current clubs’ fans would quit supporting their clubs for years.

If you are also one of those who feel so disgusted and betrayed by the pure greed of these clubs, it is also right to stop purchasing anything club-related items from Nordeus to make sure the developer understands they would gain nothing from us (managers) when they become part of the ongoing promoter of these shamelessly greedy clubs (Yes, a 30-year loyal Arsenal fan here feeling so devastated and will not watch any more match of theirs from tonight).
    maloukees likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Famous
    This will mean the end of the teams who join those super League's because it is ONLY about money..

Addicted
    Those clubs have already been forcing UEFA to favor them more, keep the “underdog” teams out of the main tournament and honestly they’ve been getting what they want with the changes like having 4 teams in group stage in those leagues, the “champions route” in the playoffs etc. looks like these weren’t enough and they just want it ALL to themselves. I wish they get severely punished for their actions but because they also bring the most ratings, it will not happen.
    maloukees likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    Those clubs have already been forcing UEFA to favor them more, keep the “underdog” teams out of the main tournament and honestly they’ve been getting what they want with the changes like having 4 teams in group stage in those leagues, the “champions route” in the playoffs etc. looks like these weren’t enough and they just want it ALL to themselves. I wish they get severely punished for their actions but because they also bring the most ratings, it will not happen.
    A few things that should work:

1) UEFA, FIFA and all FAs join force to ban all those 15-20 clubs joining ESL from any involvement of local competitions (league & Cup) and international competitions (Wrold Cup & Euros) with immediate effect and possibly forever. Expel all of them in all current competitions with immediate effect.

2) All FAs issue life bans of players who has joined any of these 15-20 clubs to prohibit them from being signed with any football team in the world

3) All relevant governments in each country impose the strictest possible criteria for matches in this ESL, apply the most stringent standards in stopping any of these clubs growing in various ways such as stopping their stadium expansion, rejecting any kind of business proposals, etc. And impose new laws to guarantee fan ownership exceed 55-60% to reverse of any these proposals in the very near future.

Also can easily reject all visa application for players needed to join those clubs, as well as issuing bans of visas to players of those clubs who need to travel into the country.

That should make those clubs rot very quickly and disappear quite quickly too. Just punishment with pure greed in a pandemic when support and solidarity is needed.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    What I hear is that those 12 teams, are friday banned from the CL what I would be really happy,
    German, dutch teams do not join and the players are transfer free to join a team who play the CL next season

Addicted
    I was a TV football fan ten years ago, but I find myself much more excited at the results of Top11 association matches and the Top11 big matches eg semi-finals and finals.

Sad to say, I no longer get excited over the happenings of real life football anymore. So the European Super League is a non event for me. The football industry deserves all this for the greedy high cost pay TV and increasingly expensive tickets, to pay for the multi million dollar salaries of the top players and the club executives.
    RaiKo and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Rookie
    Next year Champion's League will be exciting with a bunch of the same big boys being kicked out of the competition and the new format.

Addicted
    According to my observation. Real football was dead in 2010 after World Cup and succumbed to money making industry. But i liked Super League idea because current UEFA Champions League format is totally outdated and boring.
    EastsiderSG likes this.

And Chelsea is out after the fans protests. LOL

Pro
    Finally, after ManCity & Chelsea both withdrawn, the remaining 4 has finally backed down as well.

Their deafening silence since the announcement of joining ESL, and pushing managers and players to face condemnation and scrutiny without them knowing anything, are absolutely disgusting as much as their pure greed In promoting this ‘cartel’ at the cost of all football fans and clubs in UK, Europe and beyond.

We should all remember forever of these 6 clubs’ owners for their unforgivable act of betrayal and assault of our commonly loved game:

1) Manchester United
    Avram, Joel, Kevin, Bryan, Darcie and Edward Glazer

2) Arsenal
    Stan Kroenke

3) Liverpool
    John William Henry II

4) Tottenham Hotspur
    Joe Lewis

5) Manchester City
    Sheikh Mansour

6) Chelsea
    Roman Abramovich
    (He was the first to right the wrong to withdraw after listening to fans - probably the least worst of the 6)

As a football fan, I cannot wait for UK government to complete the fan-led review and promote laws to mandatorily enforce fan ownership of clubs with a minimum 51%+ control to ensure this kind of ‘cartel’ proposal will never ever be possible again. And those aforementioned owners will have nothing to do with all those clubs achievements, but will be forever tied with shame over their insatiable greed for money at the cost of the whole football community in the midst of a global pandemic.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast