Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Vuslanot
  • 1 Post By Guido van den Berg
  • 2 Post By RaiKo
  • 1 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By khris

Thread: Real Life Counterparts of the Players of the Official Euro Champions Bundles

Real Life Counterparts of the Players of the Official Euro Champions Bundles

Spain - Andres Iniesta

Italy - Giacinto Facchetti

Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo

Germany - Oliver Bierhof

France - Michel Platini / Zinedine Zidane (Platini fits here better, as they evidently pointed out 84 and Zidane was playing more likely as an AML)

Netherlands - Johan Cruyff (He is Ruud Gullit lol) Cruyff does not have a cup victory.

Greece - Kostas Katsouranis / Thodoris Zagorakis

Czech Republic - Mixture of Anton Ondrūs and Antonín Panenka. He is definitely Ondrus, as he had a great heading skills back then. I have watched 76’s all games.

Soviet Union/Denmark - Lev Yashin / Peter Schmeichel of course. Dasayev would fit too but they had never had a cup victory with him.

What are your thoughts guys? Don’t hesitate to mention them. Cheers.

Best regards
    Last edited by Vuslanot; 06-05-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Addicted
    The Dutch shirt is Euro ‘88 and looks very nice.
    But the animal at the emblem... It don’t know what it is supposed to be, but for a Dutchman like me it looks like a big insult.
    Vuslanot likes this.

One of the friends in Top Eleven Powerpuff tells the German one is Oliver Bierhof, and his explanation makes sense;

“The German Kit is from 1996, I think it’s Oliver Bierhof as the scorer of the golden goal in the final. Rummenige and Müller played in 70s/80s. On the Germany emblem, there are two words which is ‘Goldenes Tor’ and can be translated into English as ‘Golden Goal’”

Amazing catch Marc. Thank you very much for your contribution.

Best regards
    Last edited by Vuslanot; 06-05-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Wife lol Damn this autocorrection

Addicted
    1992 Denmark: They just came there for the summer on holidays.

Ignore 84. 2000 France: Top class football. Wiltord and David Trezeguet. That was gonna be L.Figo's hall of fame.

Greece 2004: Same teams played both in opening and final games. Host Portugal drama. Nikopolidis and Charisteas. First time Otto Rehhagel invented hard defending in European lands. Main theme by Eurovision Sakis Rouvas "shake it".

Spain 2008: Tiki taka Iniesta-Xavi. Goal machine David Villa. Crazy Turkey team. First modern defender(DC/DMC/MC) Pepe. Andrey Arshavin, nice goal celebration music.

Portugal 2016: Finally C.Ronaldo crowned his missing achievement with the magnificence that's GOAT honor. It's really worked when they sub Eder's shadow striker animation suddenly showed up lol.
    khris and Vuslanot like this.

Nordeus really going at it lately with these cosmetics for real money. I'm always so tempted to buy this and sometimes I do it...
    Vuslanot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post

Ignore 84. 2000 France: Top class football. Wiltord and David Trezeguet. That was gonna be L.Figo's hall of fame.

Greece 2004: Same teams played both in opening and final games. Host Portugal drama. Nikopolidis and Charisteas. First time Otto Rehhagel invented hard defending in European lands. Main theme by Eurovision Sakis Rouvas "shake it".

Spain 2008: Tiki taka Iniesta-Xavi. Goal machine David Villa. Crazy Turkey team. First modern defender(DC/DMC/MC) Pepe. Andrey Arshavin, nice goal celebration music.

Portugal 2016: Finally C.Ronaldo crowned his missing achievement with the magnificence that's GOAT honor. It's really worked when they sub Eder's shadow striker animation suddenly showed up lol.
    Approved post**

Players are just random by the way, even their nationalities are random. Even though it is like this, it’s good to see Nords put references.

I always loved references.
    Last edited by Vuslanot; 06-05-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Next time, please put some references related to the old going loyal forum members.

Seeing an event game takes place in Antarctica would make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post

I thought the Portuguese one could be Eder too. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Nordeus really going at it lately with these cosmetics for real money. I'm always so tempted to buy this and sometimes I do it...
    They should either decrease the price or offer better players mate. Kits are fancy but it would be fancier if they offer real players like above mentioned. It wouldn’t be involved in copyright’s legal too as the exact name of star players may always emerge with the name generator. I guess they should put all the names of the players of respective positions and respective nations into a basket, then it should be distributed randomly.