Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hope for my CL final.

Banned

Hope for my CL final.

So the NGE strikes yet again!

I would have bet money/tokens on this outcome and lost big. This guy is my main competition in the CL and I expect to meet him in the final. Nice to know he can lose vs lol teams.

Nothing special about this game. Just one of those days for him I guess.

4-1-2-1-2 ND counters the 4-3W-3 it seems.

Does the scout buyer even have a good squad depth? I know some who just buy for the sake of buying and end up with stupid formations or players they can't even replace

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

is crazy .. opposition attack him in center and he leave it free for them
    no one marking AMC .. one CM alone facing a DMC, 2 CM, and an AMC
    Narf likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

I'd say formation is king nowadays!
    shwanko07 and Raykco like this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Probably played with arrows ....
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    I'd say formation is king nowadays!
    ya wanna bet?

I just played vs this arrow formation and beat it 6-1 with 4-5-1V. This 6th place team(30Q) beat the 2nd place team(32Q) that was playing a 3-5-2 down the left flank, watched the game and got 55% of possession, made 3 subs at 55' and still got jack squat vs this arrow formation.

There is something to be said for countering. If this guy knew that 4-5-1V beats this formation, he might have changed his formation. He played me with that same 3-5-2 left flank formation and lost 1-0 a few games ago. If it works for him, fine, but now he was beaten twice and drawn once in the past 3 matches.

But that is besides the point. There are some strange results and I dont think you can just let your team ride the same formation game after game anymore.

Addicted
    GK MotM ftw^^
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Apprentice
    @ Craciot That's not good. This guy is winning most of his games, probably over 85%. If the game engine decided to lose this one there is a good chance he'll win his next 9 or 10... You know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    ya wanna bet?

I just played vs this arrow formation and beat it 6-1 with 4-5-1V. This 6th place team(30Q) beat the 2nd place team(32Q) that was playing a 3-5-2 down the left flank, watched the game and got 55% of possession, made 3 subs at 55' and still got jack squat vs this arrow formation.

There is something to be said for countering. If this guy knew that 4-5-1V beats this formation, he might have changed his formation. He played me with that same 3-5-2 left flank formation and lost 1-0 a few games ago. If it works for him, fine, but now he was beaten twice and drawn once in the past 3 matches.

But that is besides the point. There are some strange results and I dont think you can just let your team ride the same formation game after game anymore.
    You are getting boring pal. Every weird result you see or even sniff become "omfg game engine is **** see this". Wtf. I could easily say like many to stop complaining or quit the game, but i'm not that type. But AT LEAST try to look deeper into things before going nuts over any tiny piece of match and spouting nonsense.

In the first case, not only he left totally unguarded his center vs the diamond (which is a very offensive type formation, yet rock solid in defense), but he left alone his 3 STs against 4back + 1 DMC. That is enough to double/triple mark each of the STs. Point is, you can't set 3 forwards against the ND. 2 AMS + 1 ST woulda have been WAY better. Not to mention the keeper's 9 rating.

In the second case, despite the arrow looks idiotic, it is indeed effective. Playing on only one flank is retarded, as you limit too much your play. Even having better Q players against a massive attacking side would be enough to stop it. If you wanna go deeper, the guy played with a DMR and a AMR, which at turns were double marked by 1(AMC-MC) and 2(MC-DR). Again, a 4back vs 2 STs aided by the DMC, while his 3 STs are facing 2 DCs and 1 DL, with an extra AMC as backup. If the other played left flank, the DML was on red arrow for sure. The 3-5-2's MR would be countered by the DL of the arrow's formation, still leaving DMC+ 2 DC dealing with the strikers and the AM, so at WORST a 1vs1 situation. If the arrow formation went for long balls, then the 2-0 is pretty real as result, and probably could have been even a wider gap.
    Raykco likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Every weird result you see or even sniff become "omfg game engine is **** see this". Wtf.
    Nonsense. The guy is second place with this left flank formation. He has beaten everyone in the league except me and the one in the pics with this formation. That is 8 wins and a draw with that stupid formation.

Your take on both games, although it has logic, is flawed in that you forget to factor in the NGE. Sometimes the games just dont make sense and THAT is my point. You can pick any formation in the world and sometimes it will win, no matter how unlikely.

I watch ALOT of games and pay attention to the "odd" ones, so I feel I can point out ones that should not happen. It would be so easy to say the arrow formation should lose to all formations that cover the middle and exploit the lack of pay on the wings. This guys left flank attack should have done much better and at least scored a goal. That arrow formation is not as good as the narrow diamond, IMHO.

Add all the commentary you want, I appreciate the feedback and take it into account, but sometimes these odd formations defy explanation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast