Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can managers get emotionally attached to players at the club?

I had two players for 14 seasons, at the end they were 1 star rating and i was keeping them just for History purpose.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Apprentice
    I sell my whole squad every season, except for my first keeper that becomes my second keeper for the new season, and any players that have managed to get to the next star level. Every season, I play with a whole squad of 5 stars, and a 4 star second keeper. If any players become 6 star, I keep them as low 5 stars for the next season.

Can managers get emotionally attached to players at the club?-untitled.jpg

Serban and Barba were with me last season.
    God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by meis View Post
    you won't have any feeling towards the players when you play over 20 seasons, trust me

ps. me lv 24
    You not had any "famous" players that have done something special while you have been managing the club?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    You not had any "famous" players that have done something special while you have been managing the club?
    I don't notice their special contributions.
    God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ramsey Tiong View Post
    I don't notice their special contributions.
    Maybe because your team is replaced every season, so you would replace a striker that scored a record number of goals becuase he has been downgraded and hes 2 points worse than a new signing?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Maybe because your team is replaced every season, so you would replace a striker that scored a record number of goals becuase he has been downgraded and hes 2 points worse than a new signing?
    No, I don't even notice how many goals they score, I only notice if they're not scoring lol. Form is temporary but class is permanent. I think a 5 star would be better than my old 4 star striker. Maybe my 4 star was good last season, but he's playing against tougher opponents this season.
    God Bless!

My long term striker is now 31yo. I bought 2 new, young strikers yesterday, with a view to selling the "old-timer". I decided to give him his swan-song game, in the cup, before putting him on the list. Then he goes and scores 4 times and makes another in a 6-0 win. Maybe I'll just keep him after all, as a back-up striker.
    krisjking likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Apprentice
    I'd say you should sell him before next season, though, or he might decide to retire on you, then you can't sell him anymore.
    God Bless!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12