Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Penalty Clash Minigame - LIVE NOW!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jarharnamme View Post

total waste of time and you control shooter and goalkeeper. aint nobody got time for that.
    i wonder how much hours the guys who scrambled for tons medal in this event spend for this crap.
    And at some level then it takes 2 greens to buy in. Just Nordeus new way to steal our greens for no true rewards

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by onionjoe76 View Post
    Attachment 140180

Here, the time has already run out, gone to zero and the timer bar also gone, yet the player then goes ahead and takes the penalty (which he scored)

Please sort this out
    This was not bot team. I understand why this problem happening. Your connection probably has bigger input lag than they had at this time you monitoring their first shot in delay when GK selection is already locked. I think they will add a waiting room for couple seconds before the PvP starts.

It should be fun to play for Managers who can push for additional investment for PvP event and also some guys will be here satisfying their hack and slash skills. I agree with you, this is not an appropriate event for a manager game and for me either. But it didn't really bother me. what a funny coincidence is they've released this money based event right before the first money based World Cup(Fans are hired from Pakistan to fill stadiums for the tournament.)begins in Qatar 22.

Liger - Perhaps this is the case, but I do find it a bit suspicious that it's happened A LOT. At a rough guess I'd say this has happened between 15 and 20 times and in a couple of clashes it's happened more than once.
    I understand where you are coming from, and I was actually kinda enjoying this mini-game (although it takes up way too much time if you want to actually get a lot of medals) but I am constantly suspicious of the game these days and don't trust Nordeus very much to play fair.
    In the last few minutes, I've actually tried to replicate what you are suggesting and found it pretty hard to do. In two seperate clashes I managed to get one shot off when the timer was 0 and the slider disappearing, the rest of the shots said "out of time". While it's still not impossible, it seems pretty hard to do successfully once, let alone more than once in a single clash and to see it happen upwards of 20 times does, to me, seem a bit suspicious or maybe I am just very very unlucky lol
    Last edited by onionjoe76; 11-18-2022 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added extra text

Again and again - this isn’t football manager event!

Addicted
    Well, I’m sorry about people who picked the same country as me and want to go all in but I’m going to stop playing this event after reaching 25 medals for the sponsor task, which is not so far.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #36
    Administrator
    Hey Managers,

Re the error 832/2 that some of you may have seen, this error was shown around the short maintenance time we had yesterday. In order not to interrupt ongoing duels, the option to start a new one was briefly disabled and this error message was displayed instead when trying to play a duel. The message text there is not ideal and we are working on improving it for better understandability. In case you see it again, please try starting a duel a bit later or check if relogging in helps.

The delay in Group Leaderboards ending was tackled too and we are continuously monitoring the situation. We are sorry for any inconvenience and interruption this caused to your playing experience.

When it comes to the PvP aspect that was discussed in this thread, the only duel that's not a real PvP is the intro tutorial one for the purposes of better onboarding Managers to this new mechanic. All other penalty duels are fully PvP between Managers from different countries.

@onionjoe76 thanks for sharing your impressions about the timer running out and the opponent scoring regardless. What Liger explained here pretty much sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Liger View Post
    I actually don’t think this is a bug (or a cheat). The timer you see is the time the shooter has to initiate the shot by pressing the “shoot” button. The delay you see when keeping is the time it takes the slider to go. If the shooter initiates the shot right before the timer hits 0, it will look like the shot is late because of the time it takes the slider to go.
    You are correct @onoinjoe76 about the shot being an automatic miss in case the penalty taker's time runs out and there's no input from their end. Maybe there's room there to make it clearer for the defending side when the penalty taker missed to take a shot within the timeframe, to avoid confusion of this sort. We'll take this back to the team as a suggestion.
    onionjoe76 and RaiKo like this.

I just come here to say that this isn’t football manager event and go to drink beer
    Altiplano and Julandron like this.

New thing i saw today and how I know its a bot, he shooted and missed I shoot and scored, after that he saved all 4 shoots.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinany03 View Post
    Well, I’m sorry about people who picked the same country as me and want to go all in but I’m going to stop playing this event after reaching 25 medals for the sponsor task, which is not so far.
    Same, just got the 25 medals for the special sponsor task and I am done. Such a stupid event. How can people be playing it for 2 weeks. How boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Julandron View Post
    Same, just got the 25 medals for the special sponsor task and I am done. Such a stupid event. How can people be playing it for 2 weeks. How boring.
    Same here. I'm playing T11 for 10 years and this event is stupidest ever.
    Last edited by po_zdrach; 11-18-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    Julandron likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast