Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: short passing & players positions

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    am planning to test it during Matches, bcz i think long is only for counter attacks
    meanwhile i have a dilemma when it comes to passing short
    my favorite formation to counter 442 is 32W212 attack through the mid the QS is dose shorting passing work here?
    -----st----st
    -------amc
    ----mc----mc
    dml-----------dmr
    ----dc-dc-dc-

so my problems, is if i order my players to pass short, will they pass to the wing backs ? bcz i ordered them to attack from the mid, meaning if they insisted to pass through the mid am screwed bzc i will break the chain ,.. i see little difference switching between mix and short passing or attack central or mix
    It has been prooved that short passing works well with formation with 1 attacking line (mc,Amc,ST), so i think short passing fits your 1 attacking line well! However, againts any crowded mids formation, shost passing certainly doesnt work (unless your players are far better than your rival mans), and we have to change to mixed passing for better result! This is my idea after quite a few examination.

On the other hand, sending dmr,dml up field will break your short passing style for sure, as you plan to attack through flanks as well. My choice is mixed passing for your case, wondering what others think bout this formation!
    Last edited by gohannie; 04-11-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    shwanko07 likes this.

Apprentice
    uhm, case solved if you remove red arrows from your wing backs, then red arrows on amc and maybe 2 STS with short passing will fit your team well 0-0

hmmm will apply it and see it .. cheers guys
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

hmmm I always have been playing mixed passing , should I be trying to play short ?? ( I'm not sure it helps with the game just maybe the stats ) !! still not convinced but need advice on this one I think

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I use short passing when I want to gain more possession, basically when I am the weaker team I consider it. I use Maple Leaf or Narrow Diamond when using short passing, thinking those have positions near each other all the way up the field. It does seem to help.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Hi Guys, this topic is debateable over a while. I myself also made several attempts to test the whole pitch pressing and known passing types. I am not saying my idea is the best posible answer for the controversial thread but i devide the cases in 2 type: Theory and top eleven case.
    1. Theory:
    - it is about the line gap btwn your player. Apart from mid line, if you have attacking mid line (AMC/R/L), the gap btwn your players is shorter, so short passing makes senses. But it is tough to say whether you should play own half or wholepitch, too hard....
    - Playing own half, when you press at your half, it means you have chances to launch counter attacks, long passing make senses
    - Playing whole pitch with attacking mode, no matter what your formation is, your players will be crowded in your rival half, it will be suitable to play short passing as you dont want to waste chances launching a long ball to no where after several attempts to get the ball back. To control the game with whole pitch pressing, you should use short passes.
    2. Top eleven case:
    - throw away all above theories, and this game is built on Java, using a game engine so anything is possible, and everything is not so important, all theories are not really adaptable here. I say, game engine decide 70% of the final result......
    - Tell me what you think....

Hi. Good question, as for me short passing doesnt work, if i use it i have one of the lowest G/A ever, very few total shots, n even less shots on target. Seems they forget to score if short passing. So i switched back to mixed, that's the best i think

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123