Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: short passing & players positions

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I think it is based on the proximity of your players to each other. Some formations there is wide space and it makes sense to not have short, Barcelona-style passing, where long through-balls make more sense.

butterfly, n.diamond, anything where the players are compact, I would use short passing.
    totally agree with this theory
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

another QS is .. if play let us say 4222 hexagon ? and decided to play counter attack with short passes? will it work?
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

I tested mixed passing with the narrow diamond and lost with my subs as I've already won the league. 80% passing accuracy, could of been higher, tbh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I tested mixed passing with the narrow diamond and lost with my subs as I've already won the league. 80% passing accuracy, could of been higher, tbh.
    could have been higher had you been using your top 11. not a fair stab at it, dont you think? If passing accuracy was the stat that told you that this theory works, wouldnt you use your best players to make sure that you have a baseline and THEN test with several other things.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    could have been higher had you been using your top 11. not a fair stab at it, dont you think? If passing accuracy was the stat that told you that this theory works, wouldnt you use your best players to make sure that you have a baseline and THEN test with several other things.
    Yeah but there was only one 4 star, the rest were 5 stars and 1 6 star. I still had more quality than my opponent.

how was it with short passing only? better?

Yeah but there was only one 4 star, the rest were 5 stars and 1 6 star. I still had more quality than my opponent.
    man .. when i test .. i care less about team quality .. i play one half with with short and another with mix .. so let us see if passing, possession and shoots increase or reduce is easy to spot the difference ..
    now only 2 variables can effect the result of that test. which is team stamina and some randomized factor
    so to be sure i try it another game but inverse it to mix at first half and short at 2nd just to be sure stamina was not an issue

I try it atleast once a season because I'm a fan of AC Milan when they were dominant with the diamond. I can name their 11 off the top of my head.

In my opinion, short passing is better with formations with DMC and AML, AMR and AMC but that's just from my experience. It cuts out mistakes but may limit chances. I'll test short passing, whole press, attack with the diamond in near future and I'll make a post about the stats.

Apprentice
    Uhm, logically short passing is adapted for formation attack through middle, and long for formation attack through flanks, I normaly go with these and only change to mixed if only my team aint doing good job after 1st half!

Quote Originally Posted by gohannie View Post
    Uhm, logically short passing is adapted for formation attack through middle, and long for formation attack through flanks, I normaly go with these and only change to mixed if only my team aint doing good job after 1st half!
    am planning to test it during Matches, bcz i think long is only for counter attacks
    meanwhile i have a dilemma when it comes to passing short
    my favorite formation to counter 442 is 32W212 attack through the mid the QS is dose shorting passing work here?
    -----st----st
    -------amc
    ----mc----mc
    dml-----------dmr
    ----dc-dc-dc-

so my problems, is if i order my players to pass short, will they pass to the wing backs ? bcz i ordered them to attack from the mid, meaning if they insisted to pass through the mid am screwed bzc i will break the chain ,.. i see little difference switching between mix and short passing or attack central or mix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast