Page 156 of 245 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2445
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 41

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Good luck @July! Hope you get through and win that bloody CUP trophy, I will cross my fingers!
    Oh its been difficult, but I've enjoyed the cup run as I expected to go out at the beginning as usual, This is a tough Quarter-Final, but I expect another good performance from my team and hopefully get us a good lead going into the 2nd leg. I'd happily take a draw or even a high-scoring 1 goal loss like 3-2 or 4-3.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League game yesterday:

In 30 minutes I play with 10th:

CL:

I believe we can go to the next round

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Oh its been difficult, but I've enjoyed the cup run as I expected to go out at the beginning as usual, This is a tough Quarter-Final, but I expect another good performance from my team and hopefully get us a good lead going into the 2nd leg. I'd happily take a draw or even a high-scoring 1 goal loss like 3-2 or 4-3.
    ROYAL RUMBLE CUP - QUARTER-FINAL, 1ST LEG

FC Benca 1-4 July Fourth

FC Benca 117.7 4-1-3W-2 - July Fourth 118.8 3N-1-2-3W-1

We were ready and waiting for this game and after many games of study of our opponents, we used it to our advantage and players like Miku and O'Sullivan were the shining lights and our defence did a good job of Bencas attacks, The first real chance of the game fell for the home team and when the dangerous Scarpelli setup Rottine and he tapped in for an early advantage for Benca, But July Fourth woke up and were up for the challenge this afternoon and found our game, Miku from 25 meters almost immediately put us level and we had to wait until just after midway point of the first half for Stuart to score from 30 meters to give us a useful 2 away goals, this came after we defended well against Scarpelli and Ortiz who both got a shot in from Benca. Orbech, Scarpelli and Ortiz then tried to breakthrough for Benca in search of the equaliser and Hogan and Ramirez read the timings well.

The second half was more good stuff from July Fourth as we begun to take full control of the game, Michu broke clear and was 1v1 against Mendiola and used his option to pass to Miku to make it 3-1, Our next chance saw O'Sullivan break clear and pass to Miku who shot passed the post in an attempt for a wonderful hatrick, Vestergaard had a opportunity and tried to go alone but Donninelli cut out the former Benca's player attempts at goal, Then O'Sullivan made the move of the game and this time he had more space and time to direct his effort on goal to give the keeper no chance and send July Fourth into a 4-1 lead when his shot went in off the post, Even substitutes Petersen and Papaleo were creating chances after we replaced Michu, O'Sullivan and Vestergaard with our eyes on tonights re-arranged league game which got put back 6 1/2 hours for to recover some rest after this game, there was a late chance for Benca to grab themselves some hope for the 2nd leg on Wednesday when Petkov played it to Tortora and his shot was blocked by Hogan.

Goals: Rottine (5) Miku (10,57) Stuart (33) O'Sullivan (65) MOTM: Michu.

Team Talk: We are absolutely delighted to win this difficult game on paper very well and we have just about won the tie already in the 1st leg, so it looks like we are going to be presented with some sort of reward for our efforts in this RR Cup, Of course I think Benca will come out and throw the kitchen sink at us in the 2nd leg, but I believe we have more than enough quality to withstand any sort of Benca comeback. We expect to face a similar quality team in the Semi-Finals in "Wardley Massive" as they are firm favourites to progress against "Thai Team".

Our odds of Winning the RR Cup have tumbled down to just 3/1.

Great work July

congras july
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Great work July
    Thanks, It's not been easy this season but it shows you what preparation can do and knowledge and understanding of this game can do. But success in the Cup or Champions League is always going to be behind the priority of competing in just the League. The next 2 League games can also go a long way to decide on who is going to win our league this season or of course leave it in the balance.
    Shadow likes this.

He goes in he scores

Nice game that put us on second place:

Well my cup will end in this round probably:

But we will see

Dreamer
    First day of the season was disappointing and now coincidentally or not, first day after half-season is even more disappointing.

- First loss of the season came in the Cup in a 2:1 loss as a guest to the favorite to win it, although I hope I can turn it around on home ground.
    - First goals conceded in the league in a 2:3 away win against the 2nd in the table. At least we're 5 points clear now.

Yeah, it's tough. But the CUP's should be tough and rough, that's why it becomes a relief and joy when you win it (or get 2nd or 3rd)... It's the feeling of satisfaction

ROYAL RUMBLE CUP - QUARTER-FINAL, 1ST LEG

FC Benca 1-4 July Fourth

FC Benca 117.7 4-1-3W-2 - July Fourth 118.8 3N-1-2-3W-1
    I never doubted you for a second, Wonderful!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Yeah, it's tough. But the CUP's should be tough and rough, that's why it becomes a relief and joy when you win it (or get 2nd or 3rd)... It's the feeling of satisfaction

I never doubted you for a second, Wonderful!
    I can look forward to next week and enjoy our matches in the final stages of this seasons RR Cup and who knows we might even win it. I just play the Cup for what it is since the format change and I'm not too concerned if we don't win the competition this season even though now we have a good chance.
    Ljepoje likes this.