Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A method to win cup

Rookie

A method to win cup

I've been poking around the forum and am i right in saying there are only 3 ways of winning the cup? or am i missing another possibility
    1) be ultra lucky
    2) mess up ur team at the end of the season and den rebuy at the start
    3) power training
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    I've been poking around the forum and am i right in saying there are only 3 ways of winning the cup? or am i missing another possibility
    1) be ultra lucky
    3) power training
    The only real answer is 1. Just get lucky. 2 & 3 have not been proven to work. I've been playing for 11 seasons now, and have never been close to winning it.
    El Pistolero and gtmsnba13 like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Apprentice
    Selling all players before the start of next season probably works but how easy will it be to get a good team ready for the CL and the League which actually means something? Sure you can try it if you have a team of aging loosers but otherwise I wouldn't go for it.

The cup would be nice but it gives less money and not worth the hassle.
    shwanko07 likes this.

More don't get unlucky than get lucky. This was my first season and I got to the semi-finals before losing to a bot team I was better than.

Apprentice
    If you have a good team "6-7 star team" it will be nearly impossible to go far in the cup since the longer the tournament last the more your team will be at an disadvantage.
    aiureah likes this.

To have a good chance at winning the cup, you need a really rubbish team before the cup draws are made...And when I say really rubbish, I mean every player is 2* and 3*... then buy 5* players after the draw is made.
    tziortz likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    1) be ultra lucky
    3) power training
    I believe it's from server to server, some of use have it tougher then others. And it becomes much harder for every level.

But I believe that the only "method" by winning the CUP is to invest, invest and hopefully you could reach a final and win it.

Sure, you could do as you say - begin with a crappy 2* or 3* squad and hopefully get a lucky draw among other crappy 2* or 3* teams. But, you will end up spending (invest in Tokens) one way or other if you want the "advantage" every manager is seeking.

Then again, whats the point of winning a trophy if your both Alpha & omega and there isn't any prestige (competition)? But of course, some of us prefer the easy way and quantity before quality.

At the end, it's a one man's choice
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    yes, i realise its hard but i just want at least 1 cup trophy lol.. and i've been planning for the past 3 seasons to get it in this season. I didnt do the making my team crap method as that would cost a bomb in tokens to recover from. I'm trying power training atm but i only have about 200 rests saved up over the past 3 seasons so can only get maybe half my team to scout and maybe a couple of world class players. might be able to get to the semis or so but i tink i can't handle players 3 levels above me who suddenly decide to invest
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Apprentice
    maybe a plan: save lots of tokens/green packs, then sell all players at the end of season, only keeping 3* fast trainers. After cup draw, buy a few scouts and 5* players (if realistic on your server), and train the now 2* fast trainers up. I was lucky, i got the cup in season 2 since I entered in the 2nd half of season 1 and got promoted with a rather crappy team, which improved quickly after I learned the ropes of the game. In season 3 my team was already so good it was hard to improve considerably at the beginning of the season.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Rookie
    i have to point out though that the buying ur team at the first day of the season only works for heavy token buyers. Considering i have a mere 85 tokens saved after THREE seasons, it is unlikely i can ever do that path. I can only hope that my current method of mini-PT is good enough. I should be able to get 3 scouts and 2 world class players by the end of tomorrow. Looking through the cup list, it seems most people that are strong enough to challenge me atm have about 2 scouts so if it stays like this i should have a good chance.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10

My Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast