Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Did you know this???

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boys FC View Post
    Whilst I follow your logic, can you point me to an Android phone (one single make/model) that currently achieves sales in excess of 18-19% of the total market, rather than the numerous makes/models that have jumped on the Android bandwagon and are scrapping around for the minimul market penetration that their brand and model can achieve.
    Tsk... ok fine, let's go there. The fact that you ask for a thing like that shows that you can't find an argument that sticks. This would be a riddiculously useless comparison. You have Apple on one side with one(!) phone released in 2012 against for example HTC (13 phone models released in 2012) or Samsung (19 phone models released in 2012).

So if there would be only one model among them which managed to get more than let's say 7% market share on it's own they would've done a terrible job. Because every company that doesn't have the benefit of a borderline-religious following (i.e. everyone except Apple) needs to design their products to appeal to all different kinds of user types. Because the decision whether to buy the phone is much more logical, more likely to be "oh, it's small. that's great 'cause it will consume less battery and will fit better in my small hands" rather than "omgosh it's an iPhone!".
    Current Level: 2
    [Season 1] League Winner | CL N/A | Cup Qualifying (before joining)
    [Season 2] League Waiting... | CL Playing | Cup Playing

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    Tsk... ok fine, let's go there. The fact that you ask for a thing like that shows that you can't find an argument that sticks. This would be a riddiculously useless comparison. You have Apple on one side with one(!) phone released in 2012 against for example HTC (13 phone models released in 2012) or Samsung (19 phone models released in 2012).

So if there would be only one model among them which managed to get more than let's say 7% market share on it's own they would've done a terrible job. Because every company that doesn't have the benefit of a borderline-religious following (i.e. everyone except Apple) needs to design their products to appeal to all different kinds of user types. Because the decision whether to buy the phone is much more logical, more likely to be "oh, it's small. that's great 'cause it will consume less battery and will fit better in my small hands" rather than "omgosh it's an iPhone!".
    I wasn't looking for an argument that sticks?
    You came across originally as if you knew what you were talking about, hence my question, but my belief and assumption were found to be correct.

Whatever way you choose to paint it, the sales of the iPhone across the world far out perform those of any other single model from the many manufacture's who have tried to jump on the bandwagon.

The Apple iPhone is successful for many many reasons, and whilst there maybe a 'cult' following (I would not include myself as part of that cult, being an owner of a Nokia & Blackberry along with my iPhone), it has built its sales performance by delivering a high quality product which the other companies have tried on numerous occasions to replicate, it's build quality is excellent, and whilst it costs more than most of the other phones on the market, I think it's a good advert for "you get what you pay for".
    Watford Boys FC
    Season 1 - League Champions
    Cup Winners

Season 2 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners

Season 3 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners
    Cup Runners Up

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boys FC View Post
    "you get what you pay for".
    That applies to the Samsung Galaxy 3 & the Galaxy 4 too...

I've only got a G3 but that is still has a better quality/performance/power than any comparable I phone...
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

FCB
    how to watch videos in iphone ? I am unable to see any ...where I can find ?
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

I have android but still manage to bag packs /tokens by hunting around on the phone and laptop...they are around if you have the time.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234