Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4132 Guide

Apprentice
    3w52

I just beat another higher Q club in the cup 1-3. Usually I would play 4132 but decided to change to 433 last minute for a number of reasons.

I think the 3W defence is totally dodgy and prime to be exploited with whole pitch pressing. Usually I would play two strikers to press on his one DC but always found I cannot press for long before my players tire and the game goes their way. This has bugged me a lot. I think it is because not only do my strikers press the dc but also have to press the fullbacks too.

So in this case, especially since he plays no dml/dc/dmr I thought how about one striker to press one defender each and they also get to triple press his dc for a goal scoring chance. And I could thn see if that means I can whole pitch press longer as it is a one for one pressing.

The answer was yes. Even tho I played away against a higher Q team, I did Attack Mentality, long ball, whole pitch pressing, no counter. It proved surprisingly effective and I had about 9 shots on target to his 2 in the first half and more possession. He just could not keep the ball even with higher Q players. It was all me.

Unfortunately, his GK played a blinder and I wasnt able to score until the 41st minute. After the second half, I scored another but on the 60th minute lost my nerves and switched to my safe 4132 to close out the game.

Ill try the return leg 433 the whole game and see whether it could be effective all match without my players tiring.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibster View Post
    To me it looks like you are using "force counter-attack" all the time? Is this true?

Have there been times where you dont use "force counter-attack"? If yes, can you please provide examples and situations?

Thank you
    As I said, I tend to use forced counter playing away then at home. At home I dont need to risk giving the other team the ball to win. 4132 is a defensiveish formation and I would suggest if you park the bus or play a heavy defence , you should use it.

Recently, I have been using it a lot because my defence kick arse. The point is that when you use it, you are risking giving him the ball where he can score a goal against you in return for a way to get to his goal. Since when I play **** teams, my def can take the ball back so easy, it is sorth that risk to get better chances to score yourself.

You can actually tell if you should switch it off during the match when they keep getting chances.

Hello everyone!

First, thank you for the great guide, Tim! It is very useful!

I am still new in the game, playing for about 10 days now. I red most of the topics in Formations & Tactics forum, but it would be great to hear your opinion what formation will be good for me, if I play against 4132. I have a game tomorrow against a slightly better team (mine is 13.9, his is 14.9). Could you please advise me what should be good against? I think maybe 4-5-1V and passing both flanks? Or I should just stick to the 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1, suggested in the Table of Counter Formations topic?

Thank you once again for the great guide!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Peter Haralanov; 09-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Haralanov View Post
    Hello everyone!

First, thank you for the great guide, Tim! It is very useful!

I am still new in the game, playing for about 10 days now. I red most of the topics in Formations & Tactics forum, but it would be great to hear your opinion what formation will be good for me, if I play against 4132. I have a game tomorrow against a slightly better team (mine is 13.9, his is 14.9). Could you please advise me what should be good against? I think maybe 4-5-1V and passing both flanks? Or I should just stick to the 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1, suggested in the Table of Counter Formations topic?

Thank you once again for the great guide!

Cheers!
    Hi, thanks for reading my guide. The quick answer to your question is no. 43N2w1 is not a counter and if you read this thread, I have talked about it in the post above.

In terms of what works against 4132, I am afraid I dont have much helped there. I havent really lost to many teams with the same formation. If I have a guess, it would be 352, which not many people play and last time I played against it I play 433 instead. Recently, I have also drawn alot with 442 which seem to be the formation at this time but that might be because my defensive mcs are out.

Try one of those two and read my guide for more info. At lower levels, player ratings matter the most and it is a uphill struggle to beat higher q teams. Later on it gets easier (1 higher rating at 14/15 teams is near to 10% differenc while 1 differnce in rating at 100 rating teams is only 1% different) and formation I guess would become more important. Check out the other link on my sig for more info.

Hi. I am at level 9 now. Won my ligue last season with 26W 0D 0L with 4132 formation.
    From beggining of this season my players gets 5 or 6 rarely one or two of them gets 7.
    I have not touch anything on my team. Win bonuses are on high level.
    I lost 2 cup games and win 1 draw 1 and lost 1 in my ligue.
    What went wrong this season?
    Any ideas?
    Thank you

Apprentice
    Simply you need a big team. If you keep playing the same players, they will go off form especially young players. Now that you are out of the cups, you have time to give them a chance for a rest and rotate them out with less games and nurse them back to form.

Also, are any of them in last year of their contract? Players in last year of contract tend to go off form. Give them a new contract.

Apprentice
    3N52

I suspect 3N52 is the counter to 4132 and in my return leg of the cup against the higher rated team, he played 3N52 instead of 3W52.

I played the same as last time 433 attack whole pitch pressing and again it worked wonders and I was beating on him like no other. Unfortunately I dced and he was watching the match with his mate so was unable to take advantage. But as soon as I got back, possession was back in my fav and scored one.

Unfortunately as I suspected, or it might just be I wasnt able to watch the full match, that the tided turned about 70 minutes and it was all him. He quickly scored one then another and it was getting too close for comfort. I switch back to my trusted 4132 def counter and took off whole pitch pressing and got a pen right away. 2-2 and the game was over.

Not sure now whether 352 counters 4132. But what I am sure is 433 is pretty good against 3n def at least for 70 minutes since I was getting so many chances.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I added your tutorial on the list, thanks for your offert!

http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ls-guides.html

Apprentice
    Ta.

Hi. A very nice and detailed guide.
    I'm trying to work out a formation to counter this.
    4132 Guide-halil-1.jpg
    Judging from the way his matches have gone, i feel he is sure to play attacking.

So i kind of worked this out.
    4132 Guide-halil-1.jpg
    Orders : mentality-attacking, passing-through the middle, pressing-own half, tackling-normal, passing-mixed, marking-zonal.
    Please do give your thoughts on this. Or if you could suggest something better it would be very helpful.
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast