I made a new thread and i just tell u my own experience and i can tell u that it works for me, u could try and u will see the resultat. And Sorry for my bad my english.

TRICK 1: look first of all i ALWAYS buy a player in the morning ! because there is no one just 1-2bidders usually, i find a player that interrest me and i bid on him like 30min-1hour before ! then if no one bid (that happen !) then i get the player with one token !! otherwise if someone bid before the first round then i go automaticly to the next round (because i already bidded). The guy will think that i just bidded then i went away (work, sleep,...) cuz i bid like 1hour ago, then round two at the last second i bid and i get the player !!

>> Trust me, if u want to win u have to think in the place of the guy, he wont bid in the morning 2x in a row because he will let his luck playing and if he come the morning it means he dont have alot of ressource and that he don't want to waste his tokens.

TRICK 2: doesnt matter the moment now, if a player really interrest me and i really want to have it i go on (never bid if there is more than 4guys) i go on and ALWAYS bid at 30-40sec from each round so they think that i have alot of ressources and some of them will leave. then i continu like that for like 3-4tokens. Then if there is just one bidder left the interresting part come.
I continu to bid at the middle just for one round (if i have alot of tokens and that i really need that player to make bigger my chancei do like that for 2-3rounds). I ALWAYS let him be the last bidder of the round (very important) then i do like i abandonned i dont bid at the middle anymore, so the guy is the last bidder and he will probably dont bid and BAM u bid at the last second! but really last second at 1 !
>> The player won't bid because he already waste alot of tokens and he will think that u abandonned or u are out of tokens.

It works like 90%. U just have to be patient and dont go in if there is many bidders.

Greetings,