Thread: best instructions for classic 4-4-2 formation?

best instructions for classic 4-4-2 formation?

Hi, I'm trying out the classic 4-4-2 formation but I'm not sure about the instructions and also arrows on the players.

I'm thinking normal mentality, attack down both flanks, own half pressing, normal tackling, mixed passing, zonal marking, with counter attack on, and offside trap off.
    Red arrows on DL/DR, ML/MR, and also both ST.

Any suggestions? thanks

red arrow on ML, MR and 2 ST
    blue arrow on 4 def player

~ click image to see my ordinary club ~
    Use Your Money In Real Life

The Power Of 5-3-2

Apprentice
    There is no best instruction, it depends on your opponent's formation and orders. I add arrows on players and adjust orders after seeing the opponent's formation. Choose your attack direction where there is the fewest opposition players.

That being said, the only two things I won't change regardless is zonal markng and own half press.

yep, reds on your wingers and strikers. your SBs should go against your opponent EX your opponent has good wingers, set them to blue, if they have terrible wingers or arent using any, set them forward. set your CBs to blue and let your CMs be neutral. if you need a goal set your CMs to red and vice versa.

funny thing is i played a friendly against myself (not in a giggity way) and yeah, the 442 is OP. sure my main won 4-0 but the possession was 60-40 on my turf.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat