Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By littledude072
  • 1 Post By Marc Symons

Thread: Need Guide and How To's about Countering Formations

Need Guide and How To's about Countering Formations

Hi,

Anyone care to share rules or guides for countering a formation?

how to know which formation to use, how to know which passes to use, and whether we should be in attacking mentality or defending and what arrows to use and where to put them. Stuff like that

thanks

heres the holy table o counter formations
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...mation-ii.html
    TBH i dont believe in counter formations, but counter the weakest link, for example his LB is weak, you set your righties to red. or your RB is weak, and their left side is stronger, you set your righties back. thats what one should do IRL
    BUT, heres where it gets fun
    arrows are still a mystery. i set my back 4 to blue, and they like to join up on counters. its not rare to see my S/CB scoring when countering. doesnt make sense right?

so yeah, if you dont believe me, experiment on it a bit with friends/others/yourself
    Marc Symons likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Thanks for the reference, already read that though. i just want to know the basics as how it should be done

anyway, thanks for that info, will keep it in mind

Quote Originally Posted by extrarice View Post
    Thanks for the reference, already read that though. i just want to know the basics as how it should be done

anyway, thanks for that info, will keep it in mind
    Totally agree with LittleDude072 - In my experience counter formations don't work. Alot of people swear by them but Nordeus themselves have never confirmed counter formations actually work.

My tip would be: If you are facing tougher opposition change tackling to HARD as this can intimidate opposition. Also change to ATTACKING. You will lose more condition and the hard tackling could result in more Yellow/red cards but it is very good for that one game you desperately want/need to win

As for Tactics - Its about experimenting to see what works best for you and then sticking with it. People often make the mistake of changing a formation/tactics if the lose one match but a team needs to learn how to play with certain formations and the best way for that to happen is to stick with one. Simpler formations like 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 are very effective in general. In my experience the more i messed around with formations and tactics the worse i did. So now i stick with everything as it is apart from mentality which is always ATTACKING. I win nearly every game even against my tougher opponents. I have played 4-4-1-1 since last season and am current 'treble winners' and am still in all competitions this season.

Everyone has a different opinion on how to be successful and this is simply my two pence worth, hope you find what works for you
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 12-08-2013 at 07:38 AM.
    littledude072 likes this.

How about counterattacking?

always keep it on
    not too sure about offside trap since i rarely read it during a match
    'A tries to beat the offside trap' then thats the end of the line for the ball. nothing much happens TBH, even i tried to mess around with it against my lower team and notice no change whatsoever. people say its actually harmful, dont know where i read that though so i cant link it
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat