Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    4-3w-3 isnt illegal now... Back to normal
    Yes but there where strange things happen that was i say also And is only a prove that THE game engine was changed
    Kylos likes this.

I haven't spent a dime on this game, yet I've won the league 3/4 times, the Cup once, and been in the Champions League final 3 times as well. And I'm sure there are others who have done a lot better.

I've got a CL Semi tomorrow and wont be able to monitor the match. The first match I won 2-1 against a wide diamond. In the second game, the opponent is using different formation that I'm unsure about.

Typically I use a 3n-4-1-2. Arrows and trap depend on what I'm facing. I never force counter.

___ST_ST____
    ____AMC_____
    ML_MC_MC_MR

The rest:
    -Attacking
    -Mixed or Through the Middle
    -Own Half
    -Normal
    -Short
    -Zonal

My opponent:
    3n-2w-2-3

__ST_ST_ST___

Kind of a defensive 3-4-3, I guess. Didn't see a specific counter listed. I'd like opinions on how to attack it. I was considering moving the ball up the middle, red arrows on the ST's and AMC, no trap. My Strikers and AMC are my best players and are better than his DC's and his Goalie two-star sucks. My DC's are better than his Strikers but my goalie has been pretty inconsistent, so I'm using a backup. Seems like it should work and keep the ball on his side of the field. Although, If he uses long-ball passing, I may get into trouble.

With a 1 goal advantage in the series, playing more defensively seems like the way to go. Battle to a draw and move to the next round. However, I almost never play defensively, and I have no idea how they would respond if I completely changed the formation and take my best players off. I guess that's why I'm leaning towards keeping the pressure on.

Opinions?

Edit:
    Yeah no response. Won 5-1 with the strategy stated above.
    Last edited by Smooth; 10-15-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Oh look, my post came back.
    Last edited by Smooth; 10-17-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Definitely you have to use a DL or at least a defensive DML and in addition I would put an MR or AMR offensive. Keep your DC behind because of his AMC and with at least two MC and two ST.
    I'm only level 5 so consider this wisely as my experience is short although the good results.
    Let us know later how did you played and the result.

Seems my last post was either deleted or magically disappeared.

That's right... Was your game against a moderator? 😀

It does look a little shady, but I'll blame internet gremlins since nobody would really care if someone did anyway. I couldn't figure out a good play and went with a 4-4-2. I got whipped 3-0 despite having 71% possession in my favor. I was going to try some unbalanced formation to counter it, but I was at work during the game and didn't want to risk him flipping his formation. I'm not really sure if It was a bad match-up or that my team played absolutely terrible. His team ratings were all 8's and a couple 7's. My guys were mostly 5/6/7's. He's 2 levels above me, idk if that has anything to do with anything. May have lost, but now I'm going to keep those formations a secret, and use them for myself.

Well good luck next season

2-5-3 is a valid formation, does anyone have a counter for this?

Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast