Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?

Quote Originally Posted by nidzo View Post
    How was I supposed to know that
    Basically I read what the info about instructions said and used stuff that got me defensive bonus :/
    Should it all be mixed then? Should I be using counters?

My next oponnent is playing 4-1-3W-2

I am gonna go like this 4-4-2
    Does that look better? Also my left wing is AML, should I putt him ML or AML?
    It does look better. You see, orders mostly depend on current situation on the field, not the formation. Don't trust anyone on the forum who tells you exactly how you should set them. Those "advisors" don't know a sh1t about this game. It's actually a good test: you are telling me exact orders for the formation? Get out of here! =]
    Read the descriptions carefully. High pressing and m2m increase your defence efforts, but also increase condition loss (30-35% more CondLoss from each; 160-170% total CL if you use both). Use them only in important games: as your players get tired they start to perform worse. Plus, less condition after a match means less training, means lower quality for your team. Use both of those together only to hold for the last few minutes of an important match. Be careful to use even one from the beginning, and if you do that, it's probably a good idea to activate Condition bonus.
    M2m and High pressing works differently, but I don't have exact information about this, only my own indistinct guesses.
    About passes. Start with Normal and look the Statistics screen after 10-15 minutes. If % of completed passes is low, use Short. If it's high, then use Long. What is "low" and "high" you should decide for yourself =]
    Be careful with Force c-attacks, it costs possession. I rarely use it if I don't have advantage in possession. And I switch it off if AM tells me it doesn't work.
    Always keep an eye on Statistics during the game. Simulation means nothing, Statistics is everything.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-22-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Made things better =]

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    It does look better. You see, orders depend on current situation on the field. Don't trust anyone on the forum who tells you exactly how you should set them. Those "advisors" don't know a sh1t about this game. It's actually a good test: you are telling me exact orders for the formation? Get out of here! =]
    Read the descriptions carefully. High pressing and m2m increase your defence efforts, but also increase condition loss (30-35% more CondLoss from each; 160-170% total CL if you use both). Use them only in important games: as your players get tired they start to perform worse. Plus, less condition after a match means less training, means lower quality for your team. Use both of those together only to hold for the last few minutes of an important match. Be careful to use even one from the beginning, and if you do that, it's probably a good idea to activate Condition bonus.
    M2m and High pressing works differently, but I don't have exact information about this except my own indistinct guesses.
    About passes. Start with Normal and look the Statistics screen after 10-15 minutes. If % of completed passes is low, use Short. If it's high, then use Long. What is "low" and "high" you should decide for yourself =]
    Be careful with Force c-attacks, use it only if you have overall advantage in possession. I switch it off if AM tells me it doesn't work.
    Always keep an eye on Statistics during the game. Simulation means nothing, Statistics is everything.
    Thank you very much for detailed answer, I got 2 easy games now so I will save condition and train team, if things go wrong I will react. I have a reeaally young team. cheers!
    Toxcatl likes this.

Again me, and again post match depression. Still don't understand the game

I played against a guy who plays a really weird:
    4-1-4-1
    DL - DC -DC - DC - DR - DMC - AML - AMC - AMC - AMR - FC.

How do you counter that formation?

I tried 4-5-1 V style and lost the match..

Team mentality: Normal
    Passing: Mixed
    Focus: mixed
    Counter: No

Pressure: low
    tackling: normal
    marking: man to man
    offside trap: off

Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-capture.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-2.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-3.png

You didn't play 4-5-1V, you played 4-2mc-3w-1. Against teams who play on counter-attacks (like this one) DMC is a great help. Especially if your opponent has AMC (yours had two!). Also, in this game, exactly as in the RL football, accidents happen all the time. You can do everything right and still get beaten.
    Your statistics was better than his. Not that better as it should be, but still better. It was was simply an unlucky result plus a mistake with DMC.
    I like your orders; M2M is probably better against short passes (your opponent used them) than High pressing which I believe is better against Long passes, but I'm not 100% sure about it (indistinct guesses, remember? =]); if I have 87%+ possession I usually switch to Long passes, but only if I need to score.

Keep going, you are on the right way! Unexpected losing is unavoidable part of this game.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-19-2017 at 11:33 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

You didn't play 4-5-1V, you played 4-2mc-3w-1. Against teams who play on counter-attacks (like this one) DMC is a great help. Especially if your opponent has AMC (yours had two!). Also, in this game, exactly as in the RL football, accidents happen all the time. You can do everything right and still get beaten.
    Your statistics was better than his. Not that better as it should be, but still better. It was was simply an unlucky result plus a mistake with DMC.
    I like your orders; M2M is probably better against short passes (your opponent used them) than High pressing which I believe is better against Long passes, but I'm not 100% sure about it (indistinct guesses, remember? =]); if I have 87%+ possession I usually switch to Long passes, but only if I need to score.

Keep going, you are on the right way! Unexpected losing is unavoidable part of this game.
    Thanks for the help Toxcatl. I did play 4-5-1 V style, the screenshot was after the game when I already adjusted tactics for a weaker opponent. I saw he has 2 AMCs so I even thought about 2 DMCs but figures since my DMC was strong I'll leave the 4-5-1.

I guessed I did good and was unlucky with random, I am just disappointed that I always have 10% bonus and watch the matches, watch all the free videos for training (hell I got from 81% to 96% overall in 6 days with just training these 18 year olds) and then lose to an inactive player. I'll go with same instructions next match and attacking instead of neutral. If I don't score untill 70th minute I'll go hard attacking and long balls.

Thanks again for your help, really appreciated!

This is how counter-formations look these days xD

Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-screenshot_20171120-080551.jpg

He lost 5-1, but there was a big quality difference.
    It wasn't our day.

Am confused i dont know how to follow it. Can someone please explain or give more instructions.

This is how counter-formations look these days xD

He lost 5-1, but there was a big quality difference.
    Damn, he tried to literally counter every position on the field.

By the way my agony keeps on going. I believe there is something I am missing but don't know what. Again I made sure I had 10% of all bonuses, every each player in superb morale. I got 5% bonus from full stadium, I attended a match to get 8% extra possesion bonus. Tried clicking all the bonuses while in game and lost a game to an inactive user who didn't even watch the match. Asistant says Idrissi (his goalkeeper) was too good for our players. What the hell his goalie was 72% and my players are way better then that. My goalie is 97% and still conceeded 2 goals.

I understand losing a match is normal every now and then but I am losing every other match and I really feel I should be winning those.. Heck I only win matches where I am 30% or 40% better. And the worst thing today was, I was winning 1-0, game kicks me out of the game for server issues I manage to get back at 75th minute and i am losing 2-1.. I was so so mad.

I have a cup match in 5 minutes against a weaker opponent, if I am out of the cup I think that is it for me for this game.. =[ (and I was so excited about my 18.3 year old team..)

Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-1.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-2.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-3.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-4.jpg
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-5.jpg

Nidzo, damn, I'm sorry =[ I really don't know why you have this curse on you. There is a lot of people complaining about troll results. Maybe it's because your team is really young? Maybe young players perform less stable? I have never heard about such thing, but I just don't have an explanation.
    Btw, against this formation (classic narrow diamond, ND) you should use a 3n-dmc-* formation.
    I'm gonna write a PM to you, I kinda feel responsible and want your team to get better =]

Quote Originally Posted by Mendy FC View Post
    Am confused i dont know how to follow it. Can someone please explain or give more instructions.
    What exactly you don't understand?
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by nidzo View Post
    Damn, he tried to literally counter every position on the field.
    By the way my agony keeps on going. I believe there is something I am missing but don't know what.
    Table of Counter Formations v2.0 - Which formation to use?-111111.jpg

Hahaha.

Nizdo, don't worry, dude. And don't get down!
    In the screenshot u've shown, 451V has plenty of advantage against 41212ND. Some kind of you would win 4 in 5 matches.
    of course, luck exists here and what i believe you are "missing" (I have no evidences for telling u that) is some hidden things in the game which include some type of "crisis" to your team and make u have really strange results. This sort of strange results used to last 2 days for me on previous version. At this beginning of season, I had 4 days of strange matches (i was getting insane with it!) and i feel it's getting fine again now

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast