Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tips for very beginner, lvl 1

Lightbulb Tips for very beginner, lvl 1

Hi guys,

I want to ask you to give me some tips like which formation should i use in my first games, which tactic, which players to buy, what to build first, what to do with my tokens, which players to buy on auctions... Please guys, I am 100% noob so teach me something i would be very thankful.

Dreamer
    dont buy Tokens at all,
    built ur stadium (capacity,parking,pitch,medical),
    try 4-4-2 its a solid formation
    dont waste ur daily T in auctions in first week..impossible to buy a decent player,specially in first Levels,
    try to buy 25-30y players,not many mates go for them ,and they are pretty good most of the times
    gl
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

Older players with higher Q and low price. I suggest you to buy at least 1 good striker. At lvl 1, it's not hard to win games. Just collect money and start buying players at lvl 2.

Are there any better contracts for T on higher lvls ? Should I save T for "Scout" players or just buy players on auction ?

I am gonna go against all the other advices, and tell you from calcualtion:

1 token at L1 = 150k ...

You need to find free transfers of 14,high quality. 3 stared players at l1 can not be sold, but 4 starred ones can... principels for free transfers:

1) have 14 quality
    2) noone else have bid few seconds before deadline
    3) have 150-200k marked value (higher value and you can not sell after popping to 4 stars)
    4) if you find one with very high markedvalue go for him ofc even if you can not sell... just no bidding war.
    5) no bidding wars
    6) only use one token pr player you get...

Right this is step one, turning tokens in to cash, you get a more steady steam of tokens (1.25 pr day) than you do of cash, so how to spend your money???

Do not listen to experienced players who have played for a long time and tried to fail promotion just once

The players you wanna go after are 19-20 year olds with the following levels of quality:

L1) 19q and markedvalue of 1M (add 1.3 q and 100k markedvalue on your targets pr week in to age)
    L2) 24q and marked value of 1.8M (add 1.3 q and 200k markedvalue on your targets pr week in to age)

When signing long term prospects the principels are simpel:
    1) as high markedvalue as possible. You can directly read the tempo they improve from marked value.
    2) buy as early in the season as possible... late season save money (and tokens) for next level
    3) no bidding wars
    4) only buy players listed at lowest possible price... eg you pay 700k for a player at markedvalue of 1.1M and no more.

Why buy players with high price and medium quality rather than low price and high quality?

Because they improve... A player at top talent improve 4-6 in quality pr. season untill he is 23-24 years old... That meens that once you got the player he will during the season become good enough for the next level, and the next after that... Watch training, ALL long term players in your squad should improve at dobble the average pace of improvement... Once they drop below 16 % of a skillpoint pr stretch it is time to get rid and replace...

So you buy players for 2 purpose:

1) to transfer tokens to game money
    2) to spend money on players that improve and can play in your team for many seasons (and keep promoting)

YOU NEVER EVER EVER buy a a player with high quality and low markedvalue... It is a complete waste of money. He will not improve (even if he is young), you will get in to bidding wars, he will drop in marked value, whereas the players you keep long term not only takes your team up more levels, but also improve markedvalue season on season...

object is simple... spend the money you have on long term prospects, earn money when you don't have using free transfers close to another star. You will slowly and surely get more and more long term players, and once you feel you have enough, you can start going for even more expensive ones who start out a season young and with 5.9 starred quality

I generally aggre with what you say David, but...

So you buy players for 2 purpose:

1) to transfer tokens to game money
    2) to spend money on players that improve and can play in your team for many seasons (and keep promoting)
    Is true.

YOU NEVER EVER EVER buy a a player with high quality and low markedvalue... It is a complete waste of money. He will not improve (even if he is young), you will get in to bidding wars, he will drop in marked value, whereas the players you keep long term not only takes your team up more levels, but also improve markedvalue season on season...
    Is so not true... First of all you have to consider the profit of making it in to the top 4 and having CL next season again. In my league the average player on competing teams have 4 stars, and there is no way I guarenty myself a top 4 spot without signing quality. Also You can trade sensibly in this regard. For example, I just bought a player aged 18 with 29 quality and 1.5M markedvalue for 1.1M. He could be sold at peak hours for 300k profit on a day trade, which is more than I make from most freebees. Secondly, this guy is a class player for the rest of the season, sure he trains like crap, and I'd rather have one with 3.3M markedvalue, but that is just to rich for my book at this time if I wanna clinch top 4 in my league... This guy is still gonna be worth 1.7-1.8M I recon and 31 quality by the end of the season. I expect a 1.6-1.65M sale before the season is over. 500k profit and having a player to help my get CL next season is not a bad way to spend a token in my book.
    Dman2pt likes this.

1) you got lucky, there's usually a bidding war for players like that.
    2) You still spend money on a guy that adds little to nothing to your long term developement... for those money you could have gotten a player with say 24 quality aged 20, he'd be a good player for you, he'd develope better markedvalue and he'd improve to a higher level long term.
    3) he takes up a spot in the squad, where you don't train (fast enough)... don't tell me that is long term profitable just bcs you maybe get CL next season.

the beauty of freebees (besides the profit) are they are quick in, quick out till you can afford a real talent. You obviously had money for a real top talent and squandered it being impatient.

20 year old and 4 stars is not a real top talent. 19 year old with 5 stars is.

24 quality and fast development will be 5 stars all season at your level, and 5 stars next season as well...

Next season you'd need about 2.5-2.6M to sign a player like that, so imho better get him now for 1M.

But since you don't rate 5 star talents, let me ask what level is you current talents? must be lower since you have trouble clinching CL in 4 star average league...

You make a huge mistake holding on to him, trust me. Take the 300k profit and sign a real talent instead

Quote Originally Posted by guzonjabre View Post
    Are there any better contracts for T on higher lvls ? Should I save T for "Scout" players or just buy players on auction ?
    NO!!!! Only people with so little skills they need to use IRL money sign scout players. Pro's keep spending their tokens on auctions till they have a squad of 22 with all players 4-6 stars and developing at high tempo. and then they use tokens and money from there to keep replacing those that get to old to develop fast with the most expensive youngsters, they can find.

EDIT:
    and ofc if you have 20 extra tokens handy at one point, bcs you done well for some time, you can go for developing own youth.
    Last edited by David Hill; 01-17-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast