Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Skidz
  • 1 Post By Tom Lei

Thread: Can't win any bid on players

Can't win any bid on players

Past 4 days i've been trying to get some players but i always get outbidded.. and i always start with 2 tokens and don't have more, how can i win someone the bids without getting outbidded everytime..

I think you should try bidding very early morning & very last evening for better results

Apprentice
    If you only have 2 tokens don't bid and save some more. Or like said above try it early in the morning. Then you also have a slight chance of getting a Nord Gen player

Manager Level 3 --- League Level 3
    League: 1st, 2nd
    Cup: 2nd
    CL: group, semi-finals

save tokens during some weeks, and then try to bid. save 20-22 for example.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    You can put players on your favorites list by clicking the plus sign on their card. That way you can watch how many peopkle bid on the guy.. I usually only go for players no one else has bid on (players that are near their next star level are more likely to have bid wars, especially if they are young. There are many "hot prospects" that get overlooked ), and I wait until the last minute to be sure... of course, others do the same and sometimes they bid at the same time or after me. If I really want the player, I might bid again. But I always know how many T I am willing to spend for the player, and if I have very few, my limit is 2.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    1 You need to save about 10 T before you attempt to try and buy a player.
    2 Be very selective on the players you try to buy, no bidding on players whos quality end in 9 or 4 and no players with a special ability.
    3 wait till the last second to bid
    4 look at how many bidders there are, if 3 or more dont bid!.
    5 Dont bid aggainst any asian countries they seem to have a endless supply of tokens.
    6 Set a token limit say 5 T if you have not won the player by then exit the aution.
    7 Look up the players who are bidding with you, if they have lots of money, think about whether your prepared to risk going into a bidding war.
    8 When bidding for players with low tokens, try to look for the free agents or older experienced players.
    9 buy player with values ending in 2,3,7,8 your success rate will treble!.
    10 look at the players stats, if he has a huge amount of goals then the chances are other players have seen this and will want him as well so expect a bidding war for him.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Here's some comments for your guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    1 You need to save about 10 T before you attempt to try and buy a player.
    It's safer to save more T before bidding, but 8T is enough for bidding a middle-priced 5* player.
    2 Be very selective on the players you try to buy, no bidding on players whos quality end in 9 or 4 and no players with a special ability.
    You can try if you have 20+T, but it is very dangerous to bid with a small amount of tokens or enter bidding wars with Asian managers (especially from Vietnam or Indonesia)(because most of them are T buyers).
    3 wait till the last second to bid
    It's useful when your connection is fast and stable, but this strategy is extremely dangerous when your network is slow or unstable.
    4 look at how many bidders there are, if 3 or more dont bid!.
    Don't only look at the amount of bidders, but also look at their countries and team quality.Most clubs with a team quality of 5*+ are managed by T buyers.
    5 Dont bid aggainst any asian countries they seem to have a endless supply of tokens.
    7 Look up the players who are bidding with you, if they have lots of money, think about whether your prepared to risk going into a bidding war.
    As I said before, most of the bidders from Asia (especially from Vietnam or Indonesia) are T buyers. If you see them, stop bidding any further or you may lose many T.
    8 When bidding for players with low tokens, try to look for the free agents or older experienced players.
    Players with an age between 25 and 31 have less managers bidding on them. Also, don't ignore player with an age of 32 or 33. I called them as 1T players and they can play for at least 2 seasons.
    9 buy player with values ending in 2,3,7,8 your success rate will treble!.
    I often bid on Nord-Gen players with quality (not value) ending with 2,3,7,8 and always win. They usually become 6*(scout) at the mid-season (Day 8-21).
    10 look at the players stats, if he has a huge amount of goals then the chances are other players have seen this and will want him as well so expect a bidding war for him.
    Don't only look at their goals, but also look at their form. Players with a average form from 8 to 9 is probably a good player.

That's all.
    Last edited by Tom Lei; 03-17-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Spyros likes this.

Here's some for consideration.

1. Identify when market activity is at their minimum. I.e. If you are in a GMT +8,+7 zone, then it is between 12noon - 3pm.
    2. If you have 5 tokens, do not even consider going into the transfer market.
    3. If you really have to, then see point 1.
    4. Desperate times - before you sleep, bid on 3 or more players, you are 77.77% likely to get one
    5. When there are more than 2 bids on a player, look away
    6. If age doesn't matter then try targeting players aged 28-30 who are not in demand
    7. Spend only 5-8 token in bidding wars, anything more would be a waste.
    8. At this point of the season, if you are on PC, check the player stats so you know what you are buying - avoid those that consistently rate 5 or have yellow cards.
    9. Avoid bidding wars with Vietnamese, Thai, Middle eastern, English & Turkish bidders - this is true for my server. Not being racist but the fact is that these are those who normally have a lot of tokens to spare.
    10. If you just so happen to bump into bidders who have bids on different players at the same time, then it is more likely that they are not monitoring their bids.
    11. Bidding for players whose level ends with 3,4,8,9 is ideal but not necessary sometimes, you can afford to get a 2 or 7.
    12. Yin Yang - The more tokens you have the easier it is to win bids (and I mean you'll probably end up using one or two tokens to win). That's just how the world works I guess.

That is all....
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 03-17-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

This space is reserved for comments for previous guides.