Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 1 Post By Cat Harrison
  • 2 Post By Buffs Mad

Thread: Question about Training

Question about Training

Is there a general answer how i should train?
    i mean like, should i do only stretching, or cardio, or practice match, or maybe all of them. And what intensity?
    thanks

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    You should be considering how tired the players will be for the next match, and train them each, only to where they will recover before then.

High intensity you gain more but lose more condition too, increasing chance of injury. So only use that on one or two players that are getting green packs for extra training, and if I have (or can afford to get) enough reds to fix them if they break.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-09-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay thanks. I am wondering whether stretching, cardio or practice match are all the same worth. Or maybe with only streching i get better results for a longer distance of time, u know what i mean? And this also related with intensity.

No, they are listed on the buttons the average gain. You can compare what your players get to that to see if they are fast, average, or slow (divide the amount they got by average and if it's less than 1 = slow; 1ish = average; 2+ = fast is how I look at it, and on hard I use double the average listed). Some guys do better on one training over another, I call that their happy place and try to give them that training most.

I try to only use stretching on a few guys to even conditioning. If you notice a player get better gain (vs. average expected) on stretching than other trainings, then by all means give him that training, but for me the risk of injury usually outweighs the little tiny gains.

▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    No, they are listed on the buttons the average gain. You can compare what your players get to that to see if they are fast, average, or slow (divide the amount they got by average and if it's less than 1 = slow; 1ish = average; 2+ = fast is how I look at it, and on hard I use double the average listed). Some guys do better on one training over another, I call that their happy place and try to give them that training most.

I try to only use stretching on a few guys to even conditioning. If you notice a player get better gain (vs. average expected) on stretching than other trainings, then by all means give him that training, but for me the risk of injury usually outweighs the little tiny gains.

So, by my understanding, what you're saying is that if you have a player that does a Practice Match in Training and gains 70% Skill, then he's a fast player to train? Does Intensity come into it at all? As I've had my players on Hard all the time. Does that impact the Skill Gain? I'd assume it would.

As I said, if you are doing hard intensity, use double the average as a general guide. What they gain on any particular training will vary, too. So it's more a rule of thumb to compare your players.

The best I have seen on Hard intensity Practice Match is like 160ish, on a young 3* and the worst I have seen is less than 10 on an old guy. 70 I would consider "ok" if he is young and fast for an older player.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post

Cat,
    Could you simplify that formula about the dividing how much they got by average 1 1ish and 2+

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Christiansen View Post
    Cat,
    Could you simplify that formula about the dividing how much they got by average 1 1ish and 2+
    there should be a less than symbol before the first one.

I did it at first in a notebook, but I rec' using a spreadsheet program if you have one handy.

So say my player (in this case Harry Ratican) got 22/41/77 on normal and 45/88/145 on hard. Average is 10/20/30 the numbers I use for hard (x2 regular) 20/40/60

2.2/2.05/2.56 (his happy place is Practice Match) 2.25/2.2/3.45 (an outlier, his average after a few trains in PM is still 120, a solid 2)

He is a fast trainer, highest value but has 4 stars almost 5 and will slow.

An average guy would be like 9/25/37 (.9/1.25/9) 20/39/59 (1/.975/.983)

An older guy or slow trainer is more like 3/11/19 (.3/.55/.63) 6/16/31 (.3/.4/.52)

I kept a running average for awhile, to see who did best where, since their gains vary.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-09-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cost is important too. I have a guy that gains the following 'per 1 point of condition' : 7.7/8.4/7.8 at 4* and 6.9/7.5/7.5 at 5*.

Tbh its too easy for these small smample results to be skewed by an extra couple of results at the extreme end of the range.

Me,for example I train my whole team on hard, depending on how bad they're tired. Usually I got 7-9 point skills for the whole team after I aplly all training regims !