Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1-1 at home in CL vs weaker opponent playing 4-4-1-1

Rookie

1-1 at home in CL vs weaker opponent playing 4-4-1-1

Had a very frustrating result today. Playing against weaker team using 4-4-1-1 so I played 4-5-1V with attacking mentality, finished 1-1. Was he playing defensive and counter attack?

What should I do in 2nd leg vs this formation? As I will need to score at least 1 goal and either draw or win.

I see that 3-5-2 flat is recommended, but I don't have ML, only AML

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1984 View Post
    Had a very frustrating result today. Playing against weaker team using 4-4-1-1 so I played 4-5-1V with attacking mentality, finished 1-1. Was he playing defensive and counter attack?

What should I do in 2nd leg vs this formation? As I will need to score at least 1 goal and either draw or win.

You could play 4-4-1-1 as well, or 3-2-3-1-1 (DR-DC-DL-DMC x2-MR-MC-ML-AMC-ST)... Otherwise, stick to 4-4-2 (classic)... Attack,mixed/short, flanks/through the middle, normal etc.

Post a screen of your team

Ps, You should buy a ML (an average, or cheap one).
    Last edited by Ljepoje; 03-04-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    My team: 1-1 at home in CL vs weaker opponent playing 4-4-1-1-team.jpg
    Result from match: 1-1 at home in CL vs weaker opponent playing 4-4-1-1-cl-1l.jpg
    Possession was 63:37 in my favour.

So you think I should buy an ML just for this game?
    (The current formation is designed for my next match, not the CL 2nd leg)
    Last edited by Rob1984; 03-04-2013 at 10:21 PM.

My team: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Team.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	2855
    Result from match: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL 1L.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	2856
    Possession was 63:37 in my favour.

So you think I should buy an ML just for this game?
    (The current formation is designed for my next match, not the CL 2nd leg)
    Well it depends - How important is it for you to win this specific game, and how much are you willing to spend? A ML is always good to have in your squad (My ML and MR are the scorekeepers). Also, I´m not an fan playing with AML-AMC-AMR formations (don´t see the benefits).

The formation that your proposing, makes you vulnerable in the middle and your opponent a great chance to play through the middle and/or down the flanks. But its up to you, I would buy a ML and try the 3-2-3-1-1 (DR-DC-DL-DMC x2-MR-MC-ML-AMC-ST) or 4-4-2 (classic) formation.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Rookie
    I'll get an ML and try what you say. Don't worry about the formation you see in the screenshot, that's for playing against 4-4-2 in the league tomorrow, I find it works well against that formation.

So what formations do you normally play if you don't use AMs?

Banned
    i just played versus 4-4-1-1 away and won 0-2 with 4-4-2 narrow diamond playing up the middle. Its almost the same as 4-4-2 and i find narrow diamond works better than 4-5-1 V against 4-4-2.

Try narrow diamond. cheers!

4141 is your best formation to counter it.. up arrow on all players at wing.. i normally meanwhile leave one as LM (up) and the other as AMR (without up so he can be more around mid are for possession) .. but problem you conceded an away goal so you may need to make sure to score and the other issue is that his flanks are well protected .. so may be is better to focus all attack in center .. with 3N-2W(DML/R)-2N-2(AMC)-1 or 1 AMC and 2 attackers with all attacks focused on central axis .. that seem better option now... i will start with 2 AMC bcz it will give me the domination over his 5 in mid, and if you failed to score will switch to 1 AMC and 2 strikers
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Rookie
    So many different options to choose from. In terms of having my best players selected, 4-4-2 narrow diamond would be best, as I will have 6*/7* players in 8 positions. As you can see from my squad pic a few posts above,

Drill the the hole from the middle with narrow diamond. forget the flansk lol. in my experience, narrow diamond doing alot throught all other form. while u fightning to weaker teams with def/con. atck formations. put up arrows both mcs/amc and left 1 dmc w/o arrow. put down arrows to dmcs and dont let 'em go up for count.atck. never do offside trap and dont use long passes. u can even use hard attack for first 15 20 min to get a earlier score.

Rookie

I suffered a 2-2 draw at home in the CL Quarterfinals. It was frustrating for me as well since I'm not a fan using three 3 DCs against two strikers using July Fourth's counter formation list against a team 11 points below me as well as suffering my second ever draw in the six seasons in the Champions League. My butterfly vs 4-1-3-2 Wide. I switched it up to a 4-5-1 V in the away leg and won 3-1.

It's all about re-adjusting your formation will benefit you. I will also use the element of surprise... save your lineup 3-4 minutes before game time. So that your opponent won't have enough time to change his/her formation.
    Los Angeles FC

"The Black Lions"

Seven Seasons: 7 League Titles, 6 Champions League Titles, 2 Cup Titles (& 3 Cup Runner Up Trophies)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast