Rookie

Unhappy Need Advice for CL final

how to defeat this formation ? Need Advice for CL final-1.jpg
    but hes ussually using 3N-4-3 and his quality 32.6
    and this is my team Need Advice for CL final-2-.jpg
    what formation should i use ?
    my R.gullit got suspended for the final

Rookie
    You've got the stronger team, I think 4-4-2 classic would be a balanced formation against his strong attacking formation. You want to maintain a decent defence, but at the same time you want to win the midfield battle and have enough in attack. I think you'll need to buy a MR just for this game if yours is suspended.

Try short passing, down the flanks (he has no DL/DR), normal tackling and normal mentality. Then either own half with counter attack, or whole pitch without (use this if you want to switch to attacking also). Don't use offside trap as he has 2 AMs.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1984 View Post
    You've got the stronger team, I think 4-4-2 classic would be a balanced formation against his strong attacking formation. You want to maintain a decent defence, but at the same time you want to win the midfield battle and have enough in attack. I think you'll need to buy a MR just for this game if yours is suspended.

Try short passing, down the flanks (he has no DL/DR), normal tackling and normal mentality. Then either own half with counter attack, or whole pitch without (use this if you want to switch to attacking also). Don't use offside trap as he has 2 AMs.
    wow thanks dude, but im planning to save up my tokens so i can spend it on new season
    btw how if using 3-4-3 ?

I would suggest 3dc -2dml/r (place silva at dmr) -2 mc -2 aml/r -1 st.
    This is the notorious butterfly formation, with it you can block his wingers while yours will be free to dance. I would start with normal mentality, normal passing and counter attack. Depending on score you can switch to def (dont think you ll need it) or attacking mentality.
    Ofcourse I am talking about his current formation. Its the big final, sometimes managers open their cards within 6-7 mins from match kick off.

ps: his current formation counters 4-4-2, keep this in mind!
    Last edited by Spyros; 03-06-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    This is the notorious butterfly formation, with it you can block his wingers while yours will be free to dance. I would start with normal mentality, normal passing and counter attack. Depending on score you can switch to def (dont think you ll need it) or attacking mentality.
    Ofcourse I am talking about his current formation. Its the big final, sometimes managers open their cards within 6-7 mins from match kick off.

thanks man
    his current formation is 3-5-2 atm, so 4-5-1V is the best to counter it right ?

Quote Originally Posted by namir9 View Post
    thanks man
    his current formation is 3-5-2 atm, so 4-5-1V is the best to counter it right ?
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post

I agree with this. Since he's wide open on the back you could also go with 1 amc instead of one winger. Key is imho predominance at midfield. Pressing into your own half might leave them with too much control over the mid, so imho do that only if you plan to play counter attacking. Altho that formation can hurt bady if they keep the ball on your half. Your better quality should hold the candle tho.

Rookie
    well thanks guys
    now im kinda confident to win the CL

Rookie
    How are you going to play 3-2-2-1 butterfly if you don't have a DMR or AMR tho?

I suggested 4-4-2 as then you'd only need to buy a MR, and it makes best use of all your strongest players. Having 5 in MF will give you better control and possession tho, and I don't disagree with any of the other suggestions.
    Season 1: 1st place & Cup winner
    Season 2: 1st place atm & in final of CL. Last 16 of cup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1984 View Post
    How are you going to play 3-2-2-1 butterfly if you don't have a DMR or AMR tho?

I suggested 4-4-2 as then you'd only need to buy a MR, and it makes best use of all your strongest players. Having 5 in MF will give you better control and possession tho, and I don't disagree with any of the other suggestions.
    im going to play with 4-5-1V since hes using 3-5-2 flat atm
    with down both flanks,normal,mixed pass,zonal,counter attack
    what do you think ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast