Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Killroy
  • 1 Post By FVS0777
  • 1 Post By Killroy
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 2 Post By Killroy

Thread: Making money on the transfer market (only if you have some tokens to spare)

Pro

Making money on the transfer market (only if you have some tokens to spare)

This season I somehow got my team really fast together. And it only costed me a few tokens. This was good news as I could save some tokens. Then I got some videos for tokens and thought lets see if we can make some money with it. I am level 15 right now with 500 million in the bank. Not a really high saldo but enough. I also had 120 tokens.

15 tokens in my level will net me 33 million dollar. A waste of tokens if you ask me. 2,2 million per tokens is nothing. So I came across a really expansive player, like 90 million, but I had already 3 good players for that position. Still, those players are Always an eyecatcher for me. I checked the price and saw that he costed 63 million dollar only. Then it hit me (yes, after 15 seasons of playing), you can make money on the transfer market. If I would buy that player for 1 token I would be able to resell it for 81 million dollar. A net profit of 18 million dollars. This guide is not for the professional players that propably already know this trick. I have been browsing this forum since the beginning and haven't found anything of this, so I thought lets write something about my experiences.

There are actually 2 tricks of making money. Remember, only apply this strategy if you need money and you have some tokens to spare.

1. Buying low priced players
    Check the transfer market regularly. Click on the tab for price so that the highest price will be at the top. Then check first players till the prices drop. You want the highest priced players because you can make the most money of them. Why is it that you can make money from them? Because people often offer their player for the lowest price which is 30% less then its market value. If you buy him and you can sell him, you will sell him for the top price and that is only 10% below its market value. In my example of the 90 million player I bought him for 63 mil and sold him for 81 mil. Good profit.

Now, how to buy these players? As I said check regularly. If you find a good player add him to your favorites otherwise there is a chance that you will not find him again when you log in again later. The player must not have a bid on him. Wait for the last 1,5 minute and then check again. If there is not a bid yet there is a good chance that you can buy him for 1 token. Wait till the last 3 seconds to bid and you will see that most of the time you got the player. If there are 1 or 2 more bidders, don't go for it. You do not want to get into a bidding war. The player should cost max 1 token.

The best time for this is after a week of the season start till the end. Most players have their team complete and the active bidding goes down by a lot. Good time to buy cheap players and resell them. Also at the end of the season people often sell good players. This is also a good time to buy some players since you can sell them in the new season where bidding wars the most often occur.

There is of course a chance that you will buy a player that you cannot sell straight away. No worries. Patience is a virtue. So far I have bought about 10 players ranging from level 90-94 and I have sold them all. Some I sold straight away, some after a few days but somehow they all sold. The best players to buy are of course the ones at *3, *4, *8 or *9 as people are more eager to buy them. If you buy them, Always train them to the max. If they increase in quality they get a little more expensive and people are more inclined to buy them.

To make a long story short: Watch out for cheap players who are sold at 70%. Buy them for 1 token and resell them for 90% to make 20% profit of their market value.

2. Buying free agents
    This is something that Gert Funk said in a post of his that he bought a free agent, so Gert thx for that. Free agents can be found in the transfer list with (F) behind the price. So in the price list he will be shown like 32,6 m (F). These free agents can be gotten for only the salary if I am not mistaken. I just signed a very fast trainer with my level 1 team who was worth 790 k for only 2,5 k. I also signed today 2 players from some vietnamese team for 2,6 and 2,9 million but they can be sold for 28,9 and 36,5 million. That is a net profit of 60 million for two players.

The strategy for free agents are the same as for low priced players. Wait till the last minute to see if somebody bets. Do not get into a bidding war although a good free agent is worth a few more tokens if he is good. I saw a goalie with 14 quality yesterday with one on one stopper SA and a worth of 960 k at level 1 for a few Thousand. There were however already 5 players bidding on it, so it was a no go for me.

Most of the times the free agents will be players aging from 32-34. Do not bid on these for reselling as you cannot resell them or nobody wants them. They are however a great addition to your team if you are low on money. The free agents you want are the free agents who are like 18-24 years old. They do not occur often but if they do, try to get them. Again, only if you have tokens to spare and want to make some money.

Two tips for beginning players or players like me who only need 15 seasons to understand this Have fun with the game and the transfer market.
    Last edited by Killroy; 07-17-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

I make money with free players tôo but I don't wait to finish I bid before so nobody want to fight for it I'm level 13 and I made 300 million this season but I'm doing that for about 7 seasons already this way I can buy the expensive nordgens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Pro
    Good to hear that the tactic works. I agree with your tactic to place an early bid to scare away people from also bidding. Good advice.

The good part about this tactic is that the transfer market stays interesting after you have finished putting together your team.
    FVS0777 likes this.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Hey, not bad idea, but first priority is free agents. It's worthy, more than "discount" players.
    I 've already post a thread about this
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ey-tokens.html

but if you see, I follow a different tactic. I bid the moment I 'll see the free agent as FVS0777 saying.
    FVS0777 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    I am experimenting more with the free agents. A direct offer when the free agent is available scares away indeed a lot of buyers. Second advantage is that if somebody comes in at the last second to snatch away the free agent, all you have to do is to wait for the first knockout round to end and bet in the last second. Most of the time people do not expect you to bet anymore Good tactic.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy: