Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl
  • 2 Post By Toxcatl
  • 1 Post By jcohen42

Thread: Does the height matters for player?

Rookie

Question Does the height matters for player?

Hi,

Does the height matter for any player? If yes then what it should be i.e. height for keeper, defenders, MC, Wingers and striker.

The other question is if I add any position to player i.e. MC with SA playmaker with player which is already DC/DMC, in which position he will work better. The original position that is DC or the new position which is going to be MC?

I have also noticed one thing, The ST without any extra position I think works better then as compared to ST with any extra position. Am I correct in this or there is nothing like that?

Thanks

Rookie
    Guys any idea on this?

1) Height matters for heading, I bet. For some goalkeeper actions as well, probably.
    2) Correct me if I'm wrong, SA works only on those positions it could work. You can't train Playmaker to a pure defender, therefore, it won't work if the player is on D* position. I'm not sure, to be honest.
    3) Sounds highly implausible. There're many factors that affect players performance, I don't think this one have any direct influence.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-10-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    from so many members/players and posts of this forum (plus my personal experience), no one proved that height matters in some way.
    so I call it a Myth
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...op-eleven.html
    babarkhurshid likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Thank you nikolgiorgos

Another thing, might be Myth, I have never seen one on one and dribbler ability activated during matches just live play maker or shadow striker

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    it is known that some abilities aren't visible
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    from so many members/players and posts of this forum (plus my personal experience), no one proved that height matters in some way.
    so I call it a Myth
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...op-eleven.html
    But it hasn't be proved otherwise, has it? So I'd say we have to stay agnostics about it. It sounds only logical that height is somehow affects heading play. For example, if a Striker compete with Defender for aerial ball, then height might play a role along with skills and random factor.
    Same goes to weight; we have Strength skill, maybe weight difference between competing players gives one of them a small bonus? It might be just a few percents, and this bonus simply stays unnoticed.

There is only one way to get to the truth -- we need to find correlation, which means gathering a ****load of statistics. Different players, different teams, different games... Alas, it's practically impossible.

Of course, I don't know for sure, but it's too bold to call it a myth without any proof, don't you agree?
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-12-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

OK, I got the answer! Boo-yah!

Does the height matters for player?-screenshot_2017-01-15-01-05-07.png
    It wasn't our day.

>slight role in the overall simulation

What I'm getting from this is that I can use these to get an extra competitive edge.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END