Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By USARABAT

Thread: what to do if my formation is countered?

Rookie

what to do if my formation is countered?

hi
    so if my opponents counters my current formation what can i do except changing the formation?
    playing defensively?does it work?

Re-counter. lol

Ive seen +/- 13 formation changes in a single match.. then we should understand that "counter" will depend always of the players from both teams + match scenario, so maybe theres a "counter" that don't make players perform well.

So I will suggest you keep 1 formation, do just little changes as move 1-2 players to cover spaces and manage the match with the orders and sub's.

I would play my best and most reliable formation using my best player’s strengths and let the other team worry about ME.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

The team you play against is countering what?

what to do if my formation is countered?

Counter formations are bull**** lost with counter formation against weaker opponent, won with classic 4-4-2 formation that was countered and won by 5 goals.
    Last edited by dave1311; 10-24-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Pro
    First , the table of counter formation which is made by SOMEONE is not a holy book .
    It is old and not tested enough by other manager with adequate tools , factors, and orders ( players etc...) so don't follow it blindly but use it as reference.

Second, the formation and counter formation depends on the PLAYERS .
    Don't expect to win if you have 3 donkeys and 2 chickens out of 11 players even if you play with the right formation / counter formation

Three of course there are other small and hidden details that also play a factor in the game result other than C/Fs ...

So yea if you're a smart manager with a decent team ( 90-110 %) you should set up a counter formation against stronger or equal power team ...
    Jean.Monico likes this.