Thread: Countering 3-2-1-2-2

Countering 3-2-1-2-2

I'm still new to this game and I feel I'm doing okay....except playing against one formation.
    3-2-1-2-2

My record is 4-2-1 against this formation and can't seem to score.

I tried 4-4-2 narrow diamond against the last opponent and lost 3-1. He had a little bit better team but we drew 1-1 the first time we played and I was hoping for a win so I could stay on top of the league.

I'm not looking for any magic answers, just some recommendations of what might work better.

Thanks!
    Last edited by BettsBJ; 10-30-2017 at 09:12 PM.

The match that I lost he actually used DL,DR,DC instead of 3 DC's and 2 DMC's instead of DML and DMR

I think I will give the 4-1-4-1 a shot and see how that goes.

Thanks for the response!

So you mean DL DC DR, DMC DMC, MC, AML AMR, ST ST?

It doesn't look like a strong formation. If your opponent wanna try something out of this formation, he will play flanks. So you better have your flanks well defended (DL, DR, ML, MR - you can put up arrow on all of them, as long as you dont use high pressure).
    I would suggest you to try 4-4-1-1. Upper arrows on DR, DL, MR, ML, AMC. Normal mentality, short pass, through the middle, low pressure.

Then just relax and be patient. If both teams have no more than 10% difference on quality, both morale and condition are equal, I would expect you to win this match with no surprises.