Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: About completed passes

Addicted

About completed passes

Hello,
    I struggle with completed passes since this new top 11 version came. I play with 451v formation and usually my completed passes vary from 75 to 80%. I play with mixed passes and i think that is too low because before it was about 81-85%. Just don't know what to do because orders like from flanks or mixed, mixed or short passes definitely change nothing.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

Short passing will definitely increase the percentage of completed passes. Use it for some time, not just for 10 minutes. Also keep in mind that Statistics screen has synchronization problems. If it's stuck, then pick a moment between simulations (animation with running dots), go to the Home screen and immediately back to the match. It will refresh the Statistics.
    I do it 4-5 times in every game.

This is just a speculation, but it seems that high Passing skill improves the percentage of completed passes. I think Crossing may affect that too. Maybe differetly for Short and Long passes, I don't know for sure.

What is your average possession against the same quality opponents?
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 12-12-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    Jean.Monico and girl gooner like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    If it's stuck, then pick a moment between simulations (animation with running dots), go to the Home screen and immediately back to the match. It will refresh the Statistics
    Oh boy. This is the kind of tip that I needed. Sometimes my match is already on 2nd half, but my statistics are all 0 0 0 0 0 and I get so mad. I'll try it when I play my next match ^^

Addicted
    This season 54-56 % possession. Still got 77 % of completed passes previous match. Beh.

Probably your players have low passing skills, or dunno.
    For many times I play with long passes + counter attacks, but I dont remember my team ending a match with less than 85% completed passes.

But listen. If with this low passing % you are getting good results, you shouldn't get worried about it ^^. In the end, what matters is to win.
    If you are getting bad results, maybe you should try to play with short passes, turn off your counter attacks and play without a straight attack mentality.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Addicted
    Results aren't so good. 85 % with long passes? i cant remember i got more than 81 % when chose long passes. I dont play with counter attack long time ago (whenever i try it, the result looks catastrophic (but maybe it just for me)).
    Hm, what is good passing skill in your opinion? How much skill should that player has (in numeric range i mean)?

Famous
    If your percentage of completed passes is low, don't overreact. If your opponents system if vulnerable to the long pass, keep using long passes, no matter how poor your players are at completing them. Player ratings is a better indicator of a need to change something than % of passes completed imo.

As you can see, I scored 9 goals, despite only completing 75% of passes.

About completed passes-1-association.jpg
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 12-13-2017 at 04:44 AM.
    adifairus likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Results aren't so good. 85 % with long passes? i cant remember i got more than 81 % when chose long passes. I dont play with counter attack long time ago (whenever i try it, the result looks catastrophic (but maybe it just for me)).
    Hm, what is good passing skill in your opinion? How much skill should that player has (in numeric range i mean)?
    Wow, you just made me figure out my main team has amazing passing skills. The lowest one is one of my DC's, who has 78% passing. All the other players vary from 115 to 150%. Maybe that's why I have been having this good completed passes percentage.

Anyway I believe what pacmacdaniel wrote is totally right. It's useless to have high % of completed pass if your team doesn't score.
    But if your team is losing more than you think it should, maybe it's time to change formations and/or instructions.
    Hope you find a solution and reach some good wins.

Addicted
    Lol this season i such a nightmare. Still cant overstep 80 % completed passes (usually 78). Both aml/amr are playing the worst season of all my entire career with raiting 6-7. Maybe i just cant understand that new formation screen or doing something very bad.

This season I started playing mostly 451V, but i'm already thinking of changing it. I just feel it's not being as effective as I wanted it to be. I have been having good results when I change my formations during the matches to a 4-4-1-1. But well, the season has just started and we have had only a few games to take conclusions.

And tomu, maybe your team is under some sort of crisis, hope it's a temporary thing and you take the winning road again :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast