Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jult52

Thread: Goalkeepers - is there any way to train for best results ?

Goalkeepers - is there any way to train for best results ?

Long time player here. Even after many seasons, I am puzzled about how to create consistently high quality goalkeepers. It's a mystery, not even sure it's possible.

I've been toying with two ideas recently but am not sure they are working:

1) I train conditioning to 160% and all the white skills to 140%, or close to it.
    2) I am platooning my defensive lineups (Gk, fullbacks, DMC), trying to use the same lineup in every case, betting that defenders who are more familiar with each other have a T11 game play advantage.

Any opinions, tips on the GK?
    milpol likes this.

Rookie
    Not a very long time player here, but I found the only way to have consistently good performances from goalkeeper is to... have a reserve goalkeeper of good quality and sub the starting one if his rating drops below 6.5, or he gets 3 red modifiers in a row.

I think a reserve goalkeeper within one star of the starting one suffices. I believe I have avoided many catastrophic goalkeeper crashes in this way.

I think it is well documented in the forum that pk stopper is useless while o.t.o. stopper seems to do something.

Other than that, I also favor the Communication skill because it might help consolidating zonal defence. However, you will find plenty of people saying that gk skill are just cosmetic, and only overall gk quality counts.

Inviato dal mio SM-A750FN utilizzando Tapatalk