Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What about ... youth players?

What about ... youth players?

Hello guys,

I thought we should open a youth player thread.
    I always liked the feature of the youth players and try to train / use them as often as I can, when they have the right positions and fit my plans. I believe they are well programmed and good performers and not to forget faster trainers (the one that cost Token). So especially in the higher levels they are kind of a safe bet, where you don't really know market values and need to test.
    Also I often change my manager nationality to get players from rare nations through this feature.

In this thread we can:

- Post the youth players we got
    - Showcase former youth players and their development over time, keep track of their performances
    - Discuss anything related to youth players, also maybe some kind of rework of this feature, I feel it could use something new about it
    - Write down some prayers for the youth player god to give us a position we are in need of

Additionally I will also use my not so active third team to try to build a whole squad out of only youth players and post the results in this thread.
    Unfortunately I don't farm ressources there, so the team will probably suck as we can't powertrain our prospects and they will eventually become bad if we promote. But I want to test if it is possible to maintain such a team overtime, especially in terms of the positions we get.

Feel free to take part, Cheers!
    milpol and maloukees like this.

To start off I will post my youth players I got a few days ago:

What about ... youth players?-youth-player-1.jpg

This guy with the really long name will be prepared to take over as a starting DC next season.

What about ... youth players?-youth-player-2.jpg

This guy was the free guy, another DC. He will just sit in the squad and eventually be sold somewhen later. I never use the free players for anything.
    milpol likes this.

I just use them to keep my bonuses on 10%

Since we do not want to have many posts I will edit it

This is my Mc . He came from youth in the start of a season. He was 18yo and ft. Since I didn't want to participate in the "auction war" I gave him approximately 170greens for AMC + playmaker + 2 stars in quality. He is doing great.I also use him as a corner kick taker.
    Last edited by milpol; 05-20-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.
    For official in-game help please refer to Top Eleven Support here.
    I upload top eleven content on my YouTube Channel.

So we got the first bunch of youth players since I decided to use my third team as a youth team project.

What about ... youth players?-youthplayer1.jpg

What about ... youth players?-youthplayer2.jpg

With all the youth players I got before and I still have, this leaves us with the following "squad" so far:

What about ... youth players?-youthsquad1.jpg

I decided to change nationality to Madagascar to be able to see who is new since I started and also don't sell one accidentally. Of course we need some more youth players to build a team, especially a GK and a striker.
    milpol likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I rarely buy academy players. Maybe once every 15 seasons
    It's useless.

Not in the right time
    not in the right position
    not in the right quality
    not in the right price
    milpol likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I rarely buy academy players. Maybe once every 15 seasons
    It's useless.

Not in the right time
    not in the right position
    not in the right quality
    not in the right price
    I know what you mean, you can only use them if you are very lucky or try very hard to make them fit in your squad. That's why I think it needs an overhaul, maybe that you can select one of 3 talents for the paid player and one of 3 for the free player or something, like it was back in the national squad. It would still not be perfect but you could use them more often.
    milpol, nikolgiorgos and maloukees like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yeah, I wrote the old times that we must have available the academy players the first day of the season (as it's normally happening in real football) and be able to choose position.
    But it seems GK jerseys is priority
    Der_Ryan_M and Anarşi like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    yeah, I wrote the old times that we must have available the academy players the first day of the season (as it's normally happening in real football) and be able to choose position.
    But it seems GK jerseys is priority
    they don't seem to have any priority other than cosmetic
    maloukees likes this.

VIP
    Bought players for 13, 7 and 11 tokens... So why would I waste 3 x 14 tokens, for 3 players at 80%?

What about ... youth players?-1ueeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgWhat about ... youth players?-1ueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgWhat about ... youth players?-1ueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    Bought players for 13, 7 and 11 tokens... So why would I waste 3 x 14 tokens, for 3 players at 80%?
    To get from rare countries, you know better than me.

But tbh it is a problem. I can see that the system is ok in lower levels, because you also get a good amount of money from buying the token youth player and then it is almost always worth it.
    But when you reach level 15-20, you finished building the stadium and money plays only a minor role from there on. And then the youth players are pretty much useless.
    Steppenwolf likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast