Thread: How to train a GK

How to train a GK

Hi,

Given that there is only one specific drill for GK, which is the best way to train your young keepers? Also, how good is it to train a special ability?

Thanks!

Special abilities (SA) require 50 skill points... if you have a fast trainer, then he can maybe get the SA within a season. I'd only recommend training a SA if your player is young, definitely under 21, otherwise you might be wasting 2+ seasons to get that ability when it's quicker to just buy a player from the auctions.

You could always experiment with a youth signing. Choose one that's reasonably well rated, then aggressively train an SA. Make sure he plays most games, as that gets you trained up quicker. I feel the least risky kind of players to train who won't "break" a team by playing are ST and the AMC/L/R. You certainly wouldn't want to play an 18-year old GK who's training an SA in every single game, but he'd probably be okay in games that don't matter (e.g. second leg of a cup game where you're already 7-0 on aggregate).

I have got a youth-academy 5* GK. By reading this forum I have understood that training an SA with be quite slow. Anyway, what's the best way to develop him?

My understanding is that it's best to choose the academy players that have a rating of 39%, 59%, 79% (or very close to it), so that you only have to train them a few times and they'll suddenly gain a star. That way, it's possbile for players to offer to buy your player for T-bucks and in-game money. If you intend to play your 5* GK in most or all games, it might be worth training him to gain an SA because playing games will add to your stats/SA, as well as the usual training.

Last season, which was actually my first season, I started training my main ST to have AMC (also requires 50 training points, like SA). I didn't know at the time that it could take a long time. But he actually took less than a season to get the AMC position. He was the top scorer in my league, so he got the +30% finishing reward two days ago. He's still just 21 and currently on 5 stars. I'm not sure how I got lucky with this player on my team to be honest. He seems to train fast, and being top scorer obviously helped by getting the skill points reward.

I feel Nordeus could perhaps offer a "clean sheets" award for GK. It wouldn't be hard to implement - just do it like the ST. The GK with the most clean sheets in the league gets +30% in one of the GK stats. There isn't even a tangible reward for "most assists" in the league - again, Nordeus could offer maybe the playermaker SA (if the player doesn't already have it) or +30% in one of the player's stats.