Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: [Tutorial] Successfully earning Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath13 View Post
    I'd be very cautious, erring on the side of not doing it, on the tokens for downloading app issue. Apps can contain malware, keyloggers, or viruses. Some are done by the company in question, but sometimes the program they use is purchased from another party. In other cases, some of the programs are just as bad as viruses with browser redirects, homepage replacements, and tracking programs (like cookies but sometimes more insidious). So...be cautious. I downloaded a TrackIF program and that seems ok, but a program called Visual Bee hijacked my browser, installed a search toolbar even after I indicated I didn't want it, and made it's page my homepage, even after several attempts on my end to indicate otherwise. Had to uninstall and run SpyBot Search & Destroy on it.

Brings up another thing - after doing these surveys and such, run an anti-virus program on full check. Want to make certain your computer isn't being infected. Sometimes the pages may have a virus or keylogger on it - not placed by the company but by another party.

Additional thought - if you see an offer that you had been considering doing already (say signing up for Hulu Plus), why not take the time to do so and earn some tokens? Best example is the Local Deals and choose a Groupon one that you've thought about doing.
    That's how they earn money. They add thousands of toolbars to programs to gain money. Toolbars isn't malware, however it is annoying, that's true. I recommend to use "IOBIT Uninstaller" to remove toolbars.

Hi i have problem, when i click on matomy video it say : This offer is already complete by you... What to do?

Added a small text. "Caution: Sometimes you won't get any Tokens or reward for watching a video, even if you disabled your AdBlocker. Also, sometimes you get only rewarded once for a video, if the video is available on the next day, you usually won't get rewarded anymore."
    nsretkovic likes this.

Hi, i'm trying to get a few tokens, but i seem to be failling big time

I'm just trying to get the tokens out of a few online games register, like travian and goal united. Do i need to use the same email i use for T11, in order to e credited, or can i use any one?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got the tokens, just took a long time.
    Last edited by Flinger; 07-11-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    Hi, i'm trying to get a few tokens, but i seem to be failling big time

I'm just trying to get the tokens out of a few online games register, like travian and goal united. Do i need to use the same email i use for T11, in order to e credited, or can i use any one?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got the tokens, just took a long time.
    You can use a different E-Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Here is a question -

I found Tapjoy and have been downloading apps via that for gold today.

The only ones I have done are the free ones, and the ones that don't require me to play a level on the app, or sign up an account etc.

I've gone from having 17 gold to 243 gold in the space of about 4 hours.

After downloading the app and getting the gold I've simply deleted it as Im not interested in playing it. As the requirement for the app has been met (Download and start the app), will this be OK, or am I likely to see the gold taken back off me at a later date? Technically I've done everything that has been asked.
    Well nearly a month on from this I've been continually farming gold by completing surveys and downloading apps, and now have 2015 gold sat in my T11 account. I've set up a dummy email address for the surveys, and put in fake phone numbers when requested etc... but other than that I've done everything to the letter as requested to complete the offers.

I've also managed to get all my 22 players to be 6 star, with a few going to 7, after getting an entire squad via the scout. Add to that I've built up a fair bit of my stadium and facilitys.

I guess I've farmed near 5000 gold in the past month or so. It seems a little too easy really, but so far it seems to be working.
    Incredipede and Skidz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath13 View Post
    I'd be very cautious, erring on the side of not doing it, on the tokens for downloading app issue. Apps can contain malware, keyloggers, or viruses. Some are done by the company in question, but sometimes the program they use is purchased from another party. In other cases, some of the programs are just as bad as viruses with browser redirects, homepage replacements, and tracking programs (like cookies but sometimes more insidious). So...be cautious. I downloaded a TrackIF program and that seems ok, but a program called Visual Bee hijacked my browser, installed a search toolbar even after I indicated I didn't want it, and made it's page my homepage, even after several attempts on my end to indicate otherwise. Had to uninstall and run SpyBot Search & Destroy on it.

Brings up another thing - after doing these surveys and such, run an anti-virus program on full check. Want to make certain your computer isn't being infected. Sometimes the pages may have a virus or keylogger on it - not placed by the company but by another party.

Additional thought - if you see an offer that you had been considering doing already (say signing up for Hulu Plus), why not take the time to do so and earn some tokens? Best example is the Local Deals and choose a Groupon one that you've thought about doing.
    This.

Matomy, tokenads, etc...don't care what kind of program is put up because they are making money from it. I scanned a lot of these programs and they are filled with adware/viruses!! Stay away people... getting your computer hacked isn't worth a few tokens

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's how they earn money. They add thousands of toolbars to programs to gain money. Toolbars isn't malware, however it is annoying, that's true. I recommend to use "IOBIT Uninstaller" to remove toolbars.
    No but you don't even know what you are downloading. You might download the "toolbar" which tracks what sites you go on and it takes your personal information. Would you trust a program that you never heard of before?

A few weeks ago, I remember someone downloading a program from there and all their registry keys were manipulated... They came on the forum to complain and the offer was removed... But it was too late for the guy who had to fix his computer for days...

This isn't an attack against you, I'm just saying.. you and many others don't realise the potential risks with programs like these.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    No but you don't even know what you are downloading. You might download the "toolbar" which tracks what sites you go on and it takes your personal information. Would you trust a program that you never heard of before?

A few weeks ago, I remember someone downloading a program from there and all their registry keys were manipulated... They came on the forum to complain and the offer was removed... But it was too late for the guy who had to fix his computer for days...

This isn't an attack against you, I'm just saying.. you and many others don't realise the potential risks with programs like these.
    Indeed, there are risks, but I've never downloaded or seen any malicious software from or on surveys after years of using that service. The survey-offering companys have strict guidelines, atleast SupersonicAds and SponsorPay. I don't think they would allow such programs.

You must differentiate the surveys and the advertisements. Some advertisements could lead to a website which contains malware, as example clicking on "You're the 999.999 User on this website, you just won $123456789". Those websites often host malware.

Sometimes toolbars are included, that's right, but usually they don't do anything bad and you always have the option to check a box that you don't want to download a toolbar.

Atleast they have removed the "malicious" offer, I wonder if there was proof that these registry changes were caused by a download from a survey. I may also suggest the use of a virtual computer or Sandboxie, if you run programs through a virtual computer or Sandboxie, nothing will be changed on your computer.
    Last edited by Incredipede; 07-30-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Indeed, there are risks, but I've never downloaded or seen any malicious software from or on surveys after years of using that service. The survey-offering companys have strict guidelines, atleast SupersonicAds and SponsorPay. I don't think they would allow such programs.

You must differentiate the surveys and the advertisements. Some advertisements could lead to a website which contains malware, as example clicking on "You're the 999.999 User on this website, you just won $123456789". Those websites often host malware.

Sometimes toolbars are included, that's right, but usually they don't do anything bad and you always have the option to check a box that you don't want to download a toolbar.

Atleast they have removed the "malicious" offer, I wonder if there was proof that these registry changes were caused by a download from a survey. I may also suggest the use of a virtual computer or Sandboxie, if you run programs through a virtual computer or Sandboxie, nothing will be changed on your computer.
    If you actually google most of these downloads, you'll find that 90% of them are malware or viruses.

Is it really worth the hassle of trying to remove these over a few miserable tokens?

Downloads are a waste of time.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast