Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By khris
  • 1 Post By Polotoed

Thread: What's the best way to test GK performance in friendlies?

What's the best way to test GK performance in friendlies?

I found 2 FT GKs and I want to test their performance in friendlies across the season to see, which one performs better on average and who will get the special sponsor ability.

So what's the best way to test their performance? Play against equal % opponents? Slightly stronger ones? ALOT stronger ones (180%)?
    And set normal mentality or def/hard def?

Thanks for any insight you can give me

Quote Originally Posted by Polotoed View Post
    I found 2 FT GKs and I want to test their performance in friendlies across the season to see, which one performs better on average and who will get the special sponsor ability.

So what's the best way to test their performance? Play against equal % opponents? Slightly stronger ones? ALOT stronger ones (180%)?
    And set normal mentality or def/hard def?

Thanks for any insight you can give me
    Okay vs 1% teams, and like this, you oversize the internal programming of all players. As the simulator have a distance that is covered to simulate arround 60%, if you face a much more lower team, what happens is that all your team is at the max. distance posible, so is the same by the engine a 1* than a 9* and you can know who's better programmed internally.
    If he earns a 9-10 probably you can keep him, should be worth. And if gets the MotM then, keep him 100%

Addicted
    Are the goalie and other players separated in terms of power assignment and contribution? I mean, having more GKs in squad could cause spread performances in bad way? I've seen some teams prefer single GK in their squad.

I like having a second in reserve for those (plenty, Nordeus!) games that the GK decides to just lie on the grass and drink a cocktail instead of performing, so I can swap him out and he can get drunk on the bench.

Better to have 2 gks. To rotate and save greens. They dont matter anyway. See older thread with insights from a few of our moderators

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...mportance.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Better to have 2 gks. To rotate and save greens. They dont matter anyway. See older thread with insights from a few of our moderators

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...mportance.html
    Im not agree on that.
    Since the engine creates scenarios that you need to resolve based on rating variations mainly, there are some scenarios where the GK is decisive.
    There is a scenario called Super GK, where that player have a high rating -when is a super gk he earns toe motm- and tends to catch all attemps keeping a low effectivity ratio for the opponent.
    Ofc. if there is an aggressive GK or one with low rating, isn't even worth to be kept, but a good GK can resolve perfectly the 50% of your seasonal matches.

2 GKs are worth to save resources as has already been mentioned, or, to do a substitution in case that the main one isnt working properly, or, in case that the opponent, have a Super GK in his favour, you can turn the scenario in different ways, to improve the efectivity you have to move more players in the attack zone, and too exists the option to do a substitution of your own GK, what can deactivate the super GK of your opponent.