Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Contracts

New Contracts

I have a few players whose contract will expire at the end of the season. When do you give your players new contracts? Is there any benefit of giving a new contract early in the season besides having to pay less bonus? Do the players perform better after signing their new contracts?
    Sons of Pitches and ibangali like this.

Oh that's a good question.

Apprentice
    if you know for sure you want to use them next season then re-sign. if you are unsure, don't sign. if you are not going to use them, don't sign and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I have a few players whose contract will expire at the end of the season. When do you give your players new contracts? Is there any benefit of giving a new contract early in the season besides having to pay less bonus? Do the players perform better after signing their new contracts?
    I don't believe that they perform better when they have a new contract. I usually wait for the next season to sign them again. No matter how good a player is, I never know if I find a better one during the season and I decide to sell the old one.
    And something else. If you decide to sign them the first day of the next season , you may want to stop adding skill points to them in the end of this season in order to keep their price as low as possible.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Do the players perform better after signing their new contracts?
    that's a myth.
    but let me tell you few things.
    If you have a player with (?) and sign him now, it's saying that it's 3 years contract.
    If you sign him next season, it's 2 years contract. Actually is the same thing. When it saying 3 years contract, means this season too.
    The first days of the season, a player without a contract is useless, Cannot play, train or get sold. So why sign him the new season ?
    -One reason is that the player now is older > his value has dropped > his wage and bonus is less
    -If we want to sack this player, this is for free (this is mostly for higher lv managers)

- If we aren't sure that we want this player for the next season and maybe sell him before the end of the season, better not sign him (and save the contract bonus).

-if we want to sign a new contract, first we do that and then we give (if we have) gathered skill points.
    So if we have a young fast trainer , 20 y.o., in his 3rd season, sign him in the beginning of the season, before start earning skill points.

-If you have less than 14 players with contracts, the first (and only that) day, the game gonna give extra players, 3* veterans for free. After renew the contracts with your players, you can sack those guys for free (cannot sell them).

- If you have an early morning Cup game, your gonna play with those veterans, so people from west Europe or America must be careful.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-25-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    Sign contracts as late as possible. When they sign a contract their wage increases. If you still want to sell the players later on in the season their wage is low, so it easier to spot a good trainer based on the wage. In that case you haven't lost the signing bonus and you have better selling material. In my league (lvl 16) a wage can go from 2 mln to 6 mln, which is a lot of money if you multiply it by 18-22.
    sphong0610 likes this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    If you still want to sell the players later on in the season their wage is low, so it easier to spot a good trainer based on the wage
    no, the value/wage indicator is working only for "newborn" players (like nordgen, academy or players who were sack/lost early from their teams, players from a new created team).
    Gaining ability is a fix value.
    So, for a "second hand" player this can help but it's not accurate.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 07-31-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    I only try to buy fast trainers. I have one fast trainer from whom I just renewed his contract. His contract said before worth 70 mln and 3 mln wage. After the contract it 70 mln and 5 mln wage. He is still a fast trainer but you cannot tell that from the wage anymore.
    Last edited by Killroy; 07-31-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

A signed player's training rate does not change due to value or wage or ratio.

As Nik says Player Value/wage are indicators of training rate when buying (except negs) until you are well into Capped MVs..

The training rate contributes to setting the value/wage - not the other way around.

On alt teams I sign in the new season. On my main I sign prior to the new Season since my players will play. It can be a modest hit on costs but I'd rather that and have my team ready to play, possibly without me, than not.

PS. Additionally, if you Manipulate Q with long-serving low Q players having OOC players triggering retiring replacements will mess up the whole thing because those 2/3* oldies will count in the T14.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-31-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    that's a myth.
    but let me tell you few things.
    If you have a player with (?) and sign him now, it's saying that it's 3 years contract.
    If you sign him next season, it's 2 years contract. Actually is the same thing. When it saying 3 years contract, means this season too.
    The first days of the season, a player without a contract is useless, Cannot play, train or get sold. So why sign him the new season ?
    -One reason is that the player now is older > his value has dropped > his wage and bonus is less
    -If we want to sack this player, this is for free (this is mostly for higher lv managers)

- If we aren't sure that we want this player for the next season and maybe sell him before the end of the season, better not sign him (and save the contract bonus).

-if we want to sign a new contract, first we do that and then we give (if we have) gathered skill points.
    So if we have a young fast trainer , 20 y.o., in his 3rd season, sign him in the beginning of the season, before start earning skill points.

-If you have less than 14 players with contracts, the first (and only that) day, the game gonna give extra players, 3* veterans for free. After renew the contracts with your players, you can sack those guys for free (cannot sell them).

- If you have an early morning Cup game, your gonna play with those veterans, so people from west Europe or America must be careful.

Nik.. do you have any idea if for cup draw , team average is calculated with 3* stars veterans(suppose that players are part from top 14 players)?
    reformulate: when new season starts, suppose that I have only 7 signed contracts from a total of 14 players, as you said, I will get 7 new veteran players. Will those players count on team quality average before CUP draw?
    Last edited by ronnymvc; 02-18-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    missing T11 old form

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast