Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The 20% rule is ridiculous.

Dreamer

The 20% rule is ridiculous.

My association made it to Gold 2, by just enough points, just over the 1050 required. But immediately we were hit by a 20% reduction in points, 1050 - 20% = 840. So we were already fighting against relegation, we didn't manage it, then lost another 20% and now we have just made it over the survival mark to stay in Gold 3.

My point is 20% is too extreme. How do associations with less than 6 teams even stand a chance?

How hard is to get one more team into your association ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Tee View Post
    My point is 20% is too extreme.
    I disagree. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, no offence, but...
    You had the whole season, and didn't manage to climb from 840 to 900? It means your association just isn't good enough for Gold 2. Why top divisions should be guaranteed to everyone who plays long enough? It's a competition, not farming.
    Fly or die.

How do associations with less than 6 teams even stand a chance?
    Do they?
    Get the full house, I guess it's not that hard. And good luck next season!
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-29-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

To arrive to the latinium league you need the 50% more time than a 6 players association basically... 11 months with 6, 17 with 4 players... I recomend you to try to find new managers if for you time matter and you wanna be in platimiun div' sooner

Here in he forum you can try to convince managers to join

Dreamer
    Let's say you finish with 1060 points, that puts you in Gold 2. Immediately you lose 20%, so you start the next season on 848 points. Survival is 1050, promotion 1300. So now you need 202 points just to survive. Your association can theoretically get a total of 72 points IF you win every game in a weekend, that's a total of 288 over the season. So now, you have 848 + 288 = 1136 points. But... you lose 20% again so now you are back on 908 points. After winning every game you have managed to get 60 points.

Next season... 908 + 288 = 1196, less the 20% leaves you with 957. You gained 49 points.

But let's be realistic, can your association win 100% of its games? Not even a draw is acceptable.

Yes, we had a bad season around Christmas, people concentrating on their families etc. But the system itself is flawed. In my opinion.

Don't forget that you get 50 points for finishing 1st,25 for 2nd

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Let's say you finish with 1060 points, that puts you in Gold 2. Immediately you lose 20%, so you start the next season on 848 points. Survival is 1050, promotion 1300. So now you need 202 points just to survive. Your association can theoretically get a total of 72 points IF you win every game in a weekend, that's a total of 288 over the season. So now, you have 848 + 288 = 1136 points. But... you lose 20% again so now you are back on 908 points. After winning every game you have managed to get 60 points.

Next season... 908 + 288 = 1196, less the 20% leaves you with 957. You gained 49 points.

But let's be realistic, can your association win 100% of its games? Not even a draw is acceptable.

Yes, we had a bad season around Christmas, people concentrating on their families etc. But the system itself is flawed. In my opinion.
    72 + 50 for finishing first. This means 488 points in one month which is the perfect score.
    But you must have 6 members to achieve this.
    So basically what you need to do is find a 6th member and make sure you reach the Final at least every weekend. You'll save your Association from relegation easily.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    No.

One of the biggest problems are the exploiter - it doesn't matter, if it's a "whole good" FA with one 180% or if it's a 2 180%-team FA with 3* to drop it, like "Legends never die". That made it for fair, but good FA hard to impossible to made many points.

I'm sure, we are a good FA, we had two times a 1.place streak of 10. This season, we made 3 times 1.place and currently at final for 1.place, because of only one reason: We were lucky and had only one bad exploiter FA for the last 4 weekends.
    Last season, we faced every weekend at least one good exploiter-FA. We were good, we never lost like 36:0... we lost around 19:16 or so... but what you wanna do, if there are 2 teams around 40% stronger and loan 9* players? We only made 2x 2.place, 2x 3place. And that costs a lost of points.
    Based on this season, we lost ~100points -> 80 pts at new season. This 80pts would save next season our platinum-division, if we make on this weekend another 1.place with at least 20:x pts...

I agree, 20% is fair, but not at that situation with exploiters.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    Don't forget that you get 50 points for finishing 1st,25 for 2nd
    Where does it say that? I can't see it anywhere.

Associations – Pointing System | Top Eleven

If 20% discount did not exist there would be no real challenge.
    It is good.
    madflo19 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast