• 4 Post By gizzmo
  • 1 Post By Gabez Teh
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 3 Post By LeManiaque
  • 1 Post By gizzmo

Thread: Twilght zone

Famous

Twilght zone

Interesting experience for me yesterday. I followed a match involving one of my friends with 2 different devices (android and pc). When he scored, the goal was shown differently on the two systems: one left corner from ouside the box, the other right corner from short distance (and no, my tablet was not held upside down). Same minute, same scorer, but different animation! This is for those who take live match too seriously: this is just a cosmetic aspect of the game and nothing can be learned from that.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    That's very interesting!

But when you say "nothing can be learned"... have you considered all the things?

To continue: if I understand the description, what you saw was 1 player succeeding in a FK played in 2 animations, which, for example, might still inform that the GK has low agility, reflexes, or communication; or that the FK taker has a "secret" modifier making him appropriate for that use; or that the defenders have low positioning.

This is encouraging for my decision tree game mechanic idea. A few animations exist to represent a limited range of scenarios, that's my current take on it.

Edit:
    <<< takes the game too seriously
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 12-01-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Interesting experience for me yesterday. I followed a match involving one of my friends with 2 different devices (android and pc). When he scored, the goal was shown differently on the two systems: one left corner from ouside the box, the other right corner from short distance (and no, my tablet was not held upside down). Same minute, same scorer, but different animation! This is for those who take live match too seriously: this is just a cosmetic aspect of the game and nothing can be learned from that.
    never experienced so far...

We are watching many times in our shift with my colleague and IRL friend each other games with our phone (or his phone+my laptop combination) and our animations are the SAME all the time
    LeManiaque likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    before some time ago when I couldn't see anymore the stats, many times I was playing with the new version and watching the game from the old version (from my 2nd team).
    Many times the description was totally different from the live game (all the offsides for example).
    of course the live game is just the visualization of the calculations the program already made.
    So yes, few things you can learn about it.
    nitiznath likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Here's a dumb one I haven't seen before, my ST basically carried the ball past the GK, to the goal line then decided to pass...
    Twilght zone-screenshot_2016-12-01-16-02-22.jpg

This past week or so I've seen some strange animation behaviors, like my defender clearly making it to the ball first, but opposition carrying out and ultimately failing a play once they do arrive to start the passing sequence.
    Gabez Teh, nikolgiorgos and gizzmo like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    That's very interesting!

But when you say "nothing can be learned"... have you considered all the things?

To continue: if I understand the description, what you saw was 1 player succeeding in a FK played in 2 animations, which, for example, might still inform that the GK has low agility, reflexes, or communication; or that the FK taker has a "secret" modifier making him appropriate for that use; or that the defenders have low positioning.

This is encouraging for my decision tree game mechanic idea. A few animations exist to represent a limited range of scenarios, that's my current take on it.

Edit:
    <<< takes the game too seriously
    Well, it was not a FK, just a shot from outside the box... or was it inside ? I'm still confused !
    I like animations anyway. Make the game more thrilling.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)