Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trolls

Rookie
    New Troll result. These troll results are getting absurd and jeopardize the possibility of winning trophies. I have two difficult games coming up but I am losing points to teams 30%+ weaker.

My team (115%) vs Opponent (79%) this is a 35% difference.

Result: 0-0.

NORDEUS: PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Rookie
    Troll results still haven't been fixed.

B Team (82%) v Opponent (42%)

Home Game: 1-1
    Away Game: 3-3
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Rookie
    Just got trolled AGAIN. 118%v 101% and lost after being up 2-0. We both used same tactics 4-5-1V and my team was dominating in the first 40 min. Then, my players stopped playing.

2 of my friends on the game have been so frustrated they sold their accounts.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    Just got trolled AGAIN. 118%v 101% and lost after being up 2-0. We both used same tactics 4-5-1V and my team was dominating in the first 40 min. Then, my players stopped playing.

2 of my friends on the game have been so frustrated they sold their accounts.
    Beat a 0.7% stronger team 5-3.

We were 3-0 up and they got it back to 3-3.

I was like, Well ****.

But we got 2 goals at the end and won.

Lucky us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Lucky. I think this is going to be my last season. It is getting too frustrating. Losing matches for no other reason than because the engine decided to do so has removed all enjoyment from the game. I used to win trophies and think I had managed my team well. Now, I win a trophy and realize I just got lucky. I know I will get trolled 5-7 times a season and I find myself hoping that it will happen in the Champions League Group stage or during games that I don't need to win. What kind of game are we playing where we need to hope that we will lose at convenient times.
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 10-07-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Max
    It happens, did you get complacent after you went 2-0 up.

You should never ever do that, doing that will definitely cost you the game like it nearly did to me today.

I used a tactical masterclass today, or so I think.

I only just managed to fully rest my team on time so it was about 15 seconds before it wouldn’t let you.

We went 3-0 up vs a 0.7% team. This was one of the two teams that beat me this season. He did not show up, I did and so did 16 of my fans ( which I would say made up for the 0.7% quality difference between me and my friend) and he has 3rd place supporting him because she hoped I would drop points.

So when I was 3-0 up at half time, I relaxed, I thought the game was done, finished.

But no as soon as the second half kicked off, it was 3-1, I thought ok 3-1 is still good, they scored again in the 65th minute to make it 3-2 so I thought god that is bad, then in he 73rd minute Oh no 3-3. I was cursing myself for being so complacent.

4 minutes later we regained the lead and in the 90th minute we got the 5th goal and sealed the deal.

That taught me a valuable lesson, don’t ever get complacent with a healthy lead because it might just sneak up onto you.

Lucian if you are 3-0 up, don’t just sit back, attack and get more goals, that is what I do this season. I don’t care if I am 5-0 up, I will try to win the game 10-0.

I got very lucky today and just don’t sit back after you think the match is pretty much done for you it isn’t over until it is over.

Still give it a go when you are losing 3-0 still try and get back into the game.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    It happens, did you get complacent after you went 2-0 up.

You should never ever do that, doing that will definitely cost you the game like it nearly did to me today.

I used a tactical masterclass today, or so I think.

I only just managed to fully rest my team on time so it was about 15 seconds before it wouldn’t let you.

We went 3-0 up vs a 0.7% team. This was one of the two teams that beat me this season. He did not show up, I did and so did 16 of my fans ( which I would say made up for the 0.7% quality difference between me and my friend) and he has 3rd place supporting him because she hoped I would drop points.

So when I was 3-0 up at half time, I relaxed, I thought the game was done, finished.

But no as soon as the second half kicked off, it was 3-1, I thought ok 3-1 is still good, they scored again in the 65th minute to make it 3-2 so I thought god that is bad, then in he 73rd minute Oh no 3-3. I was cursing myself for being so complacent.

4 minutes later we regained the lead and in the 90th minute we got the 5th goal and sealed the deal.

That taught me a valuable lesson, don’t ever get complacent with a healthy lead because it might just sneak up onto you.

Lucian if you are 3-0 up, don’t just sit back, attack and get more goals, that is what I do this season. I don’t care if I am 5-0 up, I will try to win the game 10-0.

I got very lucky today and just don’t sit back after you think the match is pretty much done for you it isn’t over until it is over.

Still give it a go when you are losing 3-0 still try and get back into the game.

I am never complacent as a manager. I keep a detailed excel sheet of tactics and scores to determine what works and what doesn't. I didn't change anything at first because I was up and dominating the game. I was up 2-0 and was making sure he wasn't changing his tactics. After some 1000 games, I think I know when the game engine has decided to cheat. Opponent scored 3 goals in 5 min and then we went back to dominating the game. After his 3rd shot on goal, he had 100% efficiency.

I am always striving for 10-0 results and if you have noticed from the number of goals I score and how many I concede, most of my results are landslides. 2204 goals for 562 games. That is, on average 3.9 goals per game, compared to 0.56 goals conceded.

After he scored 3 goals in 5 min, I changed tactics to attack more but nothing worked. Also, mind you, this wasn't a 0.7 difference, this was a 17% difference in quality in my favor. My team had full moral, they were playing at home, had maximum financial incentive and had a 15% possession bonus. All advantages were in my favor.

Same thing happened with a team where I had 35% superior quality.

And no, it wasn't team tactics. We both used the same tactics. Last game we played, I beat him comfortably 3-0.

This is simply being cheated, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, trolling happens, but it is happening too often and removes any enjoyment from the game. Someone said it makes people want to get revenge on the opponent. This isn't the case. When I see how random the results can be, I just don't want to bother anymore because there no revenge to be had. The opponent didn't beat me, the game just made me lose.
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 10-07-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    The opponent didn't beat me, the game just made me lose.
    Good resume.
    Berlitz likes this.

Rookie
    I am sorry to hear that Lucian. You have been a very active participant in the community recently and it is a shame to lose a player who, given your record, seems to be very competent.

I have been considering leaving for some time as well and even considered selling my account, though I felt that it was more of a hassle than anything so I didn't bother. When I started, the game was about trying to outmaneuver the opponent team. Every once in a while, you got a troll but a good manager could recover from a bad result in the league. I remember my first troll result. I was a 93% team playing against a team with 42% quality. They had two shots on goal to my 14 and they won 2-1. I wrote the information down because, at the time, I wanted to learn from my mistakes. Unfortunately, after 3-4 seasons, I realized that the game just made my team lose. There wasn't really anything to do about it. I could play teams with similar formations and lower quality, with scores being completely different. One day, I would win 2-0, then 8-0, then 1-0 and then lose 3-1 against teams that were 20% weaker to 40% weaker. Originally, I thought my account was bugged so I restarted but found out the same process would repeat. How I managed my team was irrelevant for 5% of the games... I was going to perform poorly regardless. Ironically, after a defeat, I would get disgusted with the game and notice that my fully prepared team had lost against a 20%+ weaker team in the morning, only for them to somehow clobber the next opponent, regardless of their quality and the level of preparedness of my team. I remember in the Cup, I was playing against a team 8% weaker but I was so fed up about losing to a team 40% weaker that I left my team untrained, at around 78% and with one player having a red card. I won that game 8-1.

I kind of went with this at the time because 5% was relatively low and I understood that it could happen in reality. I would get 2-3 trolls a season and usually, 1-2 would be in the league and maybe 1-2 in the tournaments.

Now, however, we are looking at 5-8 times a season. You mentioned that you got 4 trolls in your league. I am willing to put my hand in the fire that you not only have been undefeated in the other tournaments but that you will likely troll your opponent in the CL today. I am also willing to bet that if you lose the league, you will win both other tournaments.

The game isn't what it used to be and it has caused many good managers to leave. Yes, some managers offer ridiculous explanations. It is quite sad really because people have been trolled in the game only to come online and have some troll act as if they need to "get good". This isn't Dark Souls. This is just random. The game has become like the weather. In the summer, you are more likely to have sun than rain, but sometimes, it just rains. In the game, you are more likely to win if you are significantly stronger, but sometimes, the game makes you lose. What Nordeus doesn't realize is that many players aren't interested in playing a game that is based of such randomness.
    Last edited by Berlitz; 10-07-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    You mentioned that you got 4 trolls in your league. I am willing to put my hand in the fire that you not only have been undefeated in the other tournaments but that you will likely troll your opponent in the CL today. I am also willing to bet that if you lose the league, you will win both other tournaments. .
    Correct. I was hoping you would be wrong.

I didn't prepare my team or attend the game. I also had a red card so one player didn't play.

My team was 115% v. Opponent 101%

Result: 6-0.

This is really pathetic.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast