Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree3Likes

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Auctions bug or new feature?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    41

    Auctions bug or new feature?

    Hi,
    in the last days it becomes quite impossible to sell players in auctions mode.
    Nordeus didn't inform top eleven players about changes on Auction, so it seems a bug :-)
    Please, Nordeus team, can you explain us the new auctions rules?
    Thanks!!!
    Laura

  2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    325
    Hi Laura,

    As from January 5th we've made some tweaks to how players can be sold. Adjusting the price to the player's quality increases the chances of selling them.

    You can read more about it here - https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...h-january.html

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    41
    Thanks Lian to the quickly feedback. At the moment my feeling is that this change decreases the chances of selling, since it becomes very difficult to sell players than before (for this reason I put this post on bug session...). However, it could be useful to know how is working today, to use all the potentiality of this change. Thanks. Laura

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    85

    I agree with this post - Selling players has become quite difficult

    Quote Originally Posted by laurarig1 View Post
    Thanks Lian to the quickly feedback. At the moment my feeling is that this change decreases the chances of selling, since it becomes very difficult to sell players than before (for this reason I put this post on bug session...). However, it could be useful to know how is working today, to use all the potentiality of this change. Thanks. Laura
    I agree completely with Laura. I have a number of players not selling for days. This has never happened before over my 25+ seasons. If the goal was to make it easier to sell players then that does not appear to have happened.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Hi Laura,

    As from January 5th we've made some tweaks to how players can be sold. Adjusting the price to the player's quality increases the chances of selling them.

    You can read more about it here - https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...h-january.html
    Hi Lian,

    On the tweaking of the auction prices, if it is already in place is it working at all levels or only on the lower levels? I ask because above a certain level all the players are priced about the same (+/- 2M); I believe they top out at 111m or so. Does this change affect that ceiling or is it only really for the levels before you max out?

    Thanks in advance for your reply

  6. #6
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,723
    It doesn't matter what level you are.
    First you try to sell the player with the max price.
    Then, you try to sell the player by downgrade his value with one click down.
    If you are not in a rush, keep try selling the player with the max value.
    Selling or not is random. Hasn't any logic if the player is old or young, has more positions or sa, is near to a _9% quality.
    The bots are buying anyway.
    jarharnamme likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    It doesn't matter what level you are.
    First you try to sell the player with the max price.
    Then, you try to sell the player by downgrade his value with one click down.
    If you are not in a rush, keep try selling the player with the max value.
    Selling or not is random. Hasn't any logic if the player is old or young, has more positions or sa, is near to a _9% quality.
    The bots are buying anyway.

    I disagree. All the seasons leading up to this one, you could simply set your player to be sold and they would be sold at something close, sometimes more, than the price assigned as their value. If now the player has to be sold at something much less than the "Market value" that is being shown then that displayed "market value" is incorrect. If a change has been made which has revalued the players then this actual value is what should be shown. It both makes no sense and is duplicitous to show a "market value" of 111M if the new algorithm will only "buy" the player if his auction price is set to 60% of that. So show the real value of the player as his "market value" and then we don't need to waste time lowering, lowering, lowering until the player is sold.

  8. #8
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    I disagree. All the seasons leading up to this one, you could simply set your player to be sold and they would be sold at something close, sometimes more, than the price assigned as their value. If now the player has to be sold at something much less than the "Market value" that is being shown then that displayed "market value" is incorrect. If a change has been made which has revalued the players then this actual value is what should be shown. It both makes no sense and is duplicitous to show a "market value" of 111M if the new algorithm will only "buy" the player if his auction price is set to 60% of that. So show the real value of the player as his "market value" and then we don't need to waste time lowering, lowering, lowering until the player is sold.
    Just some observations here to share.

    Each season I always sold some 9-10 players and always set sold price as max. It used to be within minutes to up to 12 hours, and sold value typically was 1% less, 10%-50% more to up to a double of value if gets really lucky (only had that once though).

    Last season I did the same max sold price for the 9 players. All 9 got sold within 2 hours (most sold earlier before matches, and a few sold after last match) though every single one of them would only be 95% of the stated value.

    Maybe there’s luck that mine all got sold soon, but it seems that value gained would not be as much as before (there was a time in the earlier level 2-4 that I would not hesitate in buying a lower quality 1T 18/19yo as reserves, then manage to get a better sub, and then train them to exhaustion for both the manager training experience and small increase in quality, then auction them in hoping for a significant gain in value when sold). Lower level managers would find it more difficult to gain sufficient flowing capital for ground expansion because of this, and probably slightly hindered in bidding for FTs with less money saved from player sale.

    Just don’t fall for the trap in buying scouts for temporary solutions, as that will further slower the value gained by 1 less training player.

    Assistant manager recommended player, with which the sponsor paying the full price, is a very good option as that will save you a lot of money stuck into a top FT who you would always keep and can’t gain value from (that player would stay for so long in the team that he is not worth much when we actually sell him).
    Sillybq likes this.

    AAAFC - Manager Level 8

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    284

    Bug or ?

    Can't sell players, lowest price possible, still not sold

  10. #10
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,723
    Quote Originally Posted by StarlingCF View Post
    Can't sell players, lowest price possible, still not sold
    It's not a bug. It's something new we don't know how exactly works.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast