4-2-1-3 help

Any suggestions how to beat this?

---ST-ST-ST---
    ------AMC------
    ---MC----MC---
    ----------------
    DL-DC----DC-DR
    -------GK------

I would probably try a 4132, with a blue arrow on your DMC as well as your two DC's.

Not sure what the quality difference is, but I would probably go with a defensive mentality, mixed passing, normal tackle, pressing your own half, focus passing mixed, while forcing the counter attack.

If the team is much weaker, maybe try man on man marking with a wing oriented formation.

Good luck buddy, let us know how it went.

Last edited by Haferkamp Thomas; 01-23-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Hi Marco, thx for quick answere!
    The quality difference between my opponent and me is, that i am a little bit better.
    I will try it that evening an report tomorrow!
    The 3 midfielders are all mc´s or ml,mc,mr?

Well, if you use 3 MC's, you will gain and avantage controlling the center of the pitch, you could add a red arrow on you CMC to support your 2 ST's. If you go wide with a MR, MC and a ML you may loose the center but gain the advantage on your wings when you add two red arrows to your MR and ML to support your 2 ST's.

If quality is equal, use zonal marking. I hope that this helps.

Rookie
    i used 3n-1-3w-1-2 to beat this formation before. normal, mixed, mixed, zonal, own half, hard tackling, counter on, offside off.
    red arrows on AMC and both STs

4-5-1 v style is suitable or need anything else?

I thought 3N-1-4-2
    Last edited by Davide Cacciapaglia; 01-27-2014 at 11:08 AM.

I just played this formation in a friendly and tried something totally different. I have played 532, man on man marking, normal tackle, defensive mentality, focus passing mixed as well as long passing while forcing the counter. I have also added a red arrow on cdc.

There was a quality difference of 5 points, I had to switch to easy tackle during the match because my team wad sending his team to ER and I got two yellow cards.

So it seems, that if you play man on man with normal/ or hard tackle it will cause many injuries and bookings. He was 5 points weaker and I won 5:0