Page 66 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations - What to use?

-----st-----
    -amc--amc-
    --mc---mc---
    ----dmc----
    dl-dc-dc-dr

In a few days i´m playing against a 3N-2(DML/DMR)-2MC-1-2

Which counter formation would you use?

4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond or 3W-1-3W-2AMC-1

Rookie
    I'm up against a 3N-1-3N-1-2 today, which some might call an "illegal" formation, and I agree, but this guy is trashing everything in the league so far (level 24) except me and a few others. I am currently places 2nd in the League, while he is still 1st. Note that his team quality is around 140 and mine is around 130 (He's buying Tokens as all of his first 11 players are 6 starts or above). I know I 'm supposed to expose his lack of wingers and attack the flanks, but I'm kind of scared of attacking such a strong opponent. I haven't changed my formation much, only my tactics (I don't have much options about the formation since my first 11 are way better than my substitutes). My formation is 4-1(DMC with blue arrow)-2-2-1, with the AML and AMC (don't have a AMR).

ST
    AML AMC
    MC MC
    DMC
    DL DC DC DR
    GK

TL;DR; How to counter 3N-1-3N-1-2 if he's a token buyer with a team quality 10 higher than mine? PLEASE help me, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Štemberga View Post
    I'm up against a 3N-1-3N-1-2 today, which some might call an "illegal" formation, and I agree, but this guy is trashing everything in the league so far (level 24) except me and a few others. I am currently places 2nd in the League, while he is still 1st. Note that his team quality is around 140 and mine is around 130 (He's buying Tokens as all of his first 11 players are 6 starts or above). I know I 'm supposed to expose his lack of wingers and attack the flanks, but I'm kind of scared of attacking such a strong opponent. I haven't changed my formation much, only my tactics (I don't have much options about the formation since my first 11 are way better than my substitutes). My formation is 4-1(DMC with blue arrow)-2-2-1, with the AML and AMC (don't have a AMR).

ST
    AML AMC
    MC MC
    DMC
    DL DC DC DR
    GK

TL;DR; How to counter 3N-1-3N-1-2 if he's a token buyer with a team quality 10 higher than mine? PLEASE help me, thanks!
    Chances are he won't play illegal, probably masking his team selection to other managers in the league.
    Alan Štemberga likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    I thought so too, but he actually plays this way every single match, disregarding the formations he encounters..And, since he's a Token buyer, I'm affraid he still wins 90% of the time Give me a hint I'm kinda stuck :S Dont know whether I should attack him on the flanks or play defensively since he's kind of overpowered.

What do I do against this tomorrow?

I lost 4-2 at home in the first leg. I have little hope for tomorrow's away game.

how to beat team
    -------ST--------
    ------AMC--------
    ML--MC--MC--MR--
    -------------------
    DL--DC--DC--DR---

Quote Originally Posted by Tauros View Post
    What do I do against this tomorrow?

I lost 4-2 at home in the first leg. I have little hope for tomorrow's away game.
    4-3(N)-1-2, attacking, through the middle, short passes. A red arrow on one of your more attacking MC's, a red arrow on your left back, a blue arrow on your quicker DC and no other arrows. No offside trap or counter attacks.
    He'll probably be trying to play counter-attacking football, mostly down both flanks, so it would be a good idea to use your fastest full-backs.
    GL!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Chances are he won't play illegal, probably masking his team selection to other managers in the league.
    Unbeliveable lol..The result was 1:1, but check this out; I had 80% Possession, 15(6) shots, miserable shot efficiency etc.. I really raped him and still he managed to get a draw and from one of his 3 chances he scored a goal.. Lame :S Well, I quess I should be happy that he didn't beat me, considering his fake token team is 2 stars better than mine.. Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi! Tomorrow is my final match for the Cup. I'd love if you could give me some feedback. Is 4-5-1 V-style a good formation against this:
    http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/i3...57bf4-17130773

Thank you!