Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Table of Counter Formations - What to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranty Oktarianda View Post
    Thank for your suggestion sir
    Not at all But please still have in mind that these rules are not:

a) dogmas - it is just what I learned by 8 months of constant playing

b) 100% sure way to success - by following these rules I beat yesterday stronger opponent
    (average skill of my players on the pitch was like 65, his 73),
    but today I have made only tie with much weaker opponent (may average 65, his 54),
    so T11 IS ONLY GAME BASED ON STOCHASTIC PROCESS, it means you could shape or influence randomness (at least little bit) which is inherently part of this game, but you could not rule results; following mine or others rules just give you improved chance to win, but never NEVER certainty...;

sometimes it leads to surprising and perversive results: last season I played in very balanced league - difference between the best and the worst average skill was around 6 or 7; 10 out of 14 managers were very closely to average skill 60;

I had not the best average, I was 2 points from the best but even so I won the season;
    but scarring was the order of players at the end of the season was very similar to order by the average skill (with exception of me - may be because of luck, may be because of careful managing): it is obvious - if you play enough matches (and 26 is start of "enough") even small differences influence your results, and the competitive environment (the strength of almost all teams was almost same) led us not to underestimate our opponents;

what was surprising? structure of my results - I won or tied with teams, let us say, from 2nd to 5th place, I won with teams from the middle of the final results, but all my loses were from matches with teams that ended at the bottom of the table, I also tied such teams, so, despite of I usually won with them, these teams from the bottom were the main source of losing points
    (I lost points with them usually at the start of the season when I was fully concentrated, have no idea about their final standing, and so I hope I did not underestimated them).
    Last edited by Francesko901; 09-04-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: restructuring of paragraphs

Help me ! how counter

------gk-----
    --DC-DC-DC--
    -----DMC(down)-----
    --MC----MC(up)--
    -----------------
    --ST-ST-ST-------

Quote Originally Posted by Satria Merah View Post
    I read somehwere abount countering formation for top eleven as follow:

To win against this 4-4-2 classic formation and beat it you need to keep the midfield whilst being strong in attack, what I’d recommend is a 4-5-1 V formation with attacking arrows on the DMC to effectively turn him to a MC when you are attacking.

————-ST—————
    AML———————AMR
    ———MC——-MC———
    ————-DMC (UP)———
    DL—- —-DC–DC———DR

If you are losing add arrows to both sets of wingers to give you an extra edge.

Orders:
    Mentality: Depends how many you want to win by, go for an attacking against weaker teams and vice verse for stronger.
    Passing: Mixed
    Pressing: Own half without offside trap, full pitch with fast defenders and offside trap.
    The others do not really matter, just make sure your opponent has no AM when you do the offside or counter attack.

I use 4-5-1V against an opponent using 4-4-2 Classic but lose 0-4 even though I follow exactly as above. The only reason I can think of is my opponent is either token buying player or he's using cheat code because we are in Level 3 but his average quality is already 35 and most of his players are 5* players. (he must bought a lot of scout players the season before. My average quality is only 21.) My league is a 1 team league because of this opponent. He is undefeated and scoring goals like mad 48 against 1.
    No, the reason is the opponent has much more skilled players, difference 35 to 21 in average skill is too much, no formation could help you to erase this difference and beat him - only one thing could help, if he was dumb and would play illegal formation, may be 80% of ball possesion could help you, but stil, it is not sure, you still could receive just 1 goal out of 30 shots and he could receive 2 goals out of 2 shots...

So, you are only partially right, buying tokens is required condition, but it is not sufficient. You think that buying tokens is both required and sufficient, as well.

Your scenario:
    (A) buying tokens ---> (B)winning

But there are many very important by-product:
    (A) buying tokens ---> {1} invest them properly to your team ---> {2} using team in reasonable way ---> (B) winning

I am slight/moderate tokens buyer ($50 a season), and twice I played in league with heavy tokens buyer in the lead - I simply cannot beat them (I hope I made 1 tie and 1 lose with both of them), so I understand your feelings of frustration... I internally took it like that we are only 13 teams in the league and these tokens buyer is something like very tough, but still only training opponent, and I was just playing only for 2nd place (first time I suceeded, second I was 8th).

I have also opposite experience, with dominating whole season, winning all matches, scoring more than 100 goals, receiving only 6, having only 4 real opponents (2nd to 5th place) and like training on others... Definitely, I was heaviest token investor, I was spending on my team the most. It was not that good - I was scarred of even tie with other, it was very psychically exhausting and boring, just have obligation to win - but what could I do? Intentionally lost matches after heavy investment to my team?

The best season was the last - very balanced team quality (difference between the best and the worst average skill was like 6 points, it means whole league was between 56 and 62), so it was very exiting season, you cannot expect any results in advance (I won the season, but only two teams I lost with were in the second half of the table). On the one hand this is the right way of mixing teams together - on the basis of the most similar quality - but on the other hand it is very unfair at least to the teams in the second half of the table, which are on the same level of skill development as some teams in the first half, and that may be two or three mistakes or bad lucks in whole 26 matches result in fact that you are not promoted to better league...
    Satria Merah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Đạt View Post
    Help me ! how counter

------gk-----
    --DC-DC-DC--
    -----DMC(down)-----
    --MC----MC(up)--
    -----------------
    --ST-ST-ST-------
    one player is missing...

4-3N-2W-1 "The dv8r" --------------------- 4-4-1-1

not true 4-4-1-1 its really weak

L30
    Is an efficient tactic to concentrate attacks against which defenders are weak?
    Last edited by L30; 09-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

L30
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesko901 View Post
    No, the reason is the opponent has much more skilled players, difference 35 to 21 in average skill is too much, no formation could help you to erase this difference and beat him - only one thing could help, if he was dumb and would play illegal formation, may be 80% of ball possesion could help you, but stil, it is not sure, you still could receive just 1 goal out of 30 shots and he could receive 2 goals out of 2 shots...

So, you are only partially right, buying tokens is required condition, but it is not sufficient. You think that buying tokens is both required and sufficient, as well.

Your scenario:
    (A) buying tokens ---> (B)winning

But there are many very important by-product:
    (A) buying tokens ---> {1} invest them properly to your team ---> {2} using team in reasonable way ---> (B) winning

I am slight/moderate tokens buyer ($50 a season), and twice I played in league with heavy tokens buyer in the lead - I simply cannot beat them (I hope I made 1 tie and 1 lose with both of them), so I understand your feelings of frustration... I internally took it like that we are only 13 teams in the league and these tokens buyer is something like very tough, but still only training opponent, and I was just playing only for 2nd place (first time I suceeded, second I was 8th).

I have also opposite experience, with dominating whole season, winning all matches, scoring more than 100 goals, receiving only 6, having only 4 real opponents (2nd to 5th place) and like training on others... Definitely, I was heaviest token investor, I was spending on my team the most. It was not that good - I was scarred of even tie with other, it was very psychically exhausting and boring, just have obligation to win - but what could I do? Intentionally lost matches after heavy investment to my team?

The best season was the last - very balanced team quality (difference between the best and the worst average skill was like 6 points, it means whole league was between 56 and 62), so it was very exiting season, you cannot expect any results in advance (I won the season, but only two teams I lost with were in the second half of the table). On the one hand this is the right way of mixing teams together - on the basis of the most similar quality - but on the other hand it is very unfair at least to the teams in the second half of the table, which are on the same level of skill development as some teams in the first half, and that may be two or three mistakes or bad lucks in whole 26 matches result in fact that you are not promoted to better league...
    What level are you?

I'm at level 4, first with 10 games and 10 wins, and concludes in recent seasons that the leagues are formed based in your friends and other average teams (normally no token buyers). Then, deletes friends in game who buy tokens (more than i do - max 10 in a season) and was in leagues where i am slightly the front runner, but I know that this is a result of a considerable work to make the team.

Buy tokens is not a required condition. Understand the importance of who buys for the operation of the game, but you can have a 4* team without spending money, and this is more than enough for a great season. It's a challenge to make it more interesting. Should become more difficult the higher the level, but i see friends who do not buy tokens doing well in them.

Ребята, помогите пожалуйста выиграть у формации 3-1-2-1-3 Широкий!
    Очень надо. Заранее спасибо

Quote Originally Posted by L30 View Post
    What level are you?

I'm at level 4, first with 10 games and 10 wins, and concludes in recent seasons that the leagues are formed based in your friends and other average teams (normally no token buyers). Then, deletes friends in game who buy tokens (more than i do - max 10 in a season) and was in leagues where i am slightly the front runner, but I know that this is a result of a considerable work to make the team.

Buy tokens is not a required condition. Understand the importance of who buys for the operation of the game, but you can have a 4* team without spending money, and this is more than enough for a great season. It's a challenge to make it more interesting. Should become more difficult the higher the level, but i see friends who do not buy tokens doing well in them.
    I am level 9, but I am playing the 10th season (it means once I did not succeed to qualify to upper league).

But let me recapitulate the start of the conversation:

Setria Merah complained:
    I use 4-5-1V against an opponent using 4-4-2 Classic but lose 0-4 even though I follow exactly rules as above. The only reason I can think of is my opponent is either token buying player or he's using cheat code ...

Then I explained my opinion the case was not buying tokens, that buying tokens could not directly bring you victory. The case was that the heavy token buyer invested tokens properly to his team and improved quality of his players to very high level. And because of this improved high quality was almost impossible to beat him.
    That you can use any legal formation if your average skill is 35 and your opponents is 21 and you can beat him. And as an opponent with such a low skill (low in comparison!) you have just bad luck, there is no formation that could effectively counter any legal formation of team with such a higher average skill.
    I have not changed my mind yet - you cannot beat so stronger (of 14 points of average skill) opponent because of magic formation or because of carefully planed counter formation. You could beat him, but only sometimes - when he has extremely bad luck and you have extremely good luck (I put aside case of mad opponent who tries to play illegal formation with such a good team).

I agree with you - you do not need buying tokens, if you look after your players carefully, train them regularly, assist (almost) all matches etc. you could reasonably improve the players skills. You could also dominate your league.
    BUT you have to have good luck - there should not be any heavy tokens buyer. If he is not dumb, you cannot concur him. Why?
    Each player receives 5% of condition each 3 hours, it means each player receives 40% each day (on the average, there could be differences e.g. when one day you play at 10AM and next day you play at 10PM, your players receives 60%). So, usually you could spend 40% of condition to improve player's skills - either in matches or training.
    Heavy token buyer usually buys many green packs (condition), so he could "refresh" his team after many trainings and many "friendly" matches. And so, his players could invest more their condition into receiving experience and skills, because the heavy token buyer refreshes them.

Thank you for the recipe, how to avoid playing with heavy token buyer in the same league - if you suspect someone from buying tokens heavy, just erase him from friends. There is reasonable chance he will not be a part of the next league. But still, I am not playing league only with friends, some times there is no friend at all, so...
    L30 likes this.

Hello, i'm lvl 19...my team strength is 113,5.

I need help how to play against formation 4-1(DMC)-2(MR,ML)-2(AMC)-1.
    Which formation and tactic?!?
    Skill of my players on the pitch is cca. 165, his 155.

Thx!

Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast