View Poll Results: Do you see this thread deserve to be sticky?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deserve to be sticky.

278 91.45%
  • No, should be as it is.

26 8.55%
Page 181 of 200 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1999
Like Tree159Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Win Against Any Formation?

Hi

Did you see this tactic?

---ST--ST---
    AML------AMR-
    ---MC--MC---
    -----DMC----
    DL---DC---DR

Can you tell me which tactic will be efficient?
    Thanks

hey how do i win against this formation

hey how do i win against this formation sorry if already posted only just joined lol
    dc dc dc
    dmc
    mc mc
    aml amr
    st st
    i play but unsure i will beat them
    dl dc dc dr
    ml mc mc mc mr
    st
    with red lines on my dr mr dl ml
    play
    team mentality Normal
    focus passing down the flanks
    pressing style own half
    tackling style normal
    passing style mixed
    marking zonal
    i play force counter attack
    but DO NOT play counter attacks
    thanks for all your help
    Last edited by baz2013; 03-02-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: put to many dc lol

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggi View Post
    Hi

Did you see this tactic?

---ST--ST---
    AML------AMR-
    ---MC--MC---
    -----DMC----
    DL---DC---DR

Can you tell me which tactic will be efficient?
    Thanks
    3DC-2DML/R-2MC-2AML/R-1 aka the Butterfly. Focus passing down the wings. Short passing, no counter, no offside trap, own half.

Thanks very much Rob1984, will try tomorrow, playing home against 1st place in my league

What about mentality? Any arrows on AML/AMR or DML/DMR?
    Last edited by Biggi; 03-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Rookie
    Seeing as your opponent is top, they must be decent. I'd say normal, you can try defensive at first if you wish and see if you're dominating possession. I'm pretty sure counter attack isn't so good as they've got a DM, but you can experiment by putting it on and seeing if it improves things, but only if playing defensive.

As for arrows, I'd say none at first. You can put up arrows on your DMs if you're not winning to be more attacking. Then up arrows on your AMs if that's not enough. At this point you'd effectively be playing 3-4-3 due to the up arrows. Switch orders to attacking and whole pitch too.
    Last edited by Rob1984; 03-02-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Hi mates. Can someone help me against this formation:

DL - DC - DR
    ----DMC----
    ML - MC - MR
    ----AMC----
    ---ST - ST---

I already play against him and I use this formation and win at home 2-1 but I can remember which instrutions I gave to my time:

DL -DC-DC-DR
    --MC-MC-MC--
    AMR------AML
    ------ST-----

Can anyone help me because this my stronger opponent and if I win I will become isolated leader in my championship

Rookie
    Look here first: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...-what-use.html

It suggests 3W-2DMC-3N-1-1 Effiel Tower or 3N-5-2 Flat. Short passing, no off side, no counter, mentality depends on opponent, try normal to start, and change to attacking if you need to score. Press own half, but use press whole pitch if attacking. If he is stronger, you could start defensive. Focus passing where you are strong and/or he is weak. These orders should work for your 4-3-2-1 formation too.

How to beat 4-4-1-1. My Q better than his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanot View Post
    How to beat 4-4-1-1. My Q better than his team.
    As said by others, 4-4-1-1 can be beaten by 3-5-2 flat or 4-5-1V style.

When I use 4-5-1V style, I play with mixed passing. force counter (if no DMs), attack down both flanks, normal mentality (depending on opponent) and no offside trap. Short passing is ok when you want to maintain possession and not using force counter attack.

If you are having to come back from 4-0 down, then I would try 3-5-2 as that has more attacking power. This time you can use short passing, attacking, pressing the whole pitch, no counter. Don't use offside trap as he has an AMC, normally offside trap is good when using just 3 defenders and pressing the whole pitch. I'm not sure what type of focus passing you want to use, try mixed at first, then maybe focus down the flanks with up arrows on your ML & MR if you aren't scoring enough.

Today big match, first in my league and playing home against the 2nd who has a better team, he has 7 scouts and rest 5 stars players and i have only 5 stars players.
    I like to get some advice from the people here with much experience (Adel, Accyrover, July...) about tactics, orders... That would be apprecieted

His team probably:
    ----x---- GK
    --x-x-x-- 3DC
    x---x---x DML-DMC-DMR
    --x---x-- 2MC
    ---------
    --x---x-- 2ST

I'm thinking counter him with the narrow diamond, mentality defensive, attacking through the center, own half, normal tackling, mixed passing, zonal marking and counter ON, red arrows DL, DR and AMC and blue arrow for DMC.
    Should this work? I'm happy with at least a draw

Thx