Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Urgent: Need help against 4-3-1-2

Hopefully this win will get the monkey off your back and you will go on to win many more
    davide-acdc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I hope your match went well. Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't see the reply.

4-1-4-1 motivated did not work well against 4-3n-1-2 as I lost 1:3. I'm not quite sure how to read into though, since I think it was a troll result. I jumped ahead early, then he was reduced to 10 men before scoring goals in the 33rd and 66th minutes. I immediately switched to 4-1-2-1-2 ND after the 2nd goal, he went down to 9 men in the 77th minute, then a few minutes later punched home the 3rd goal to seal it.

I had red arrows on DL/R, ML/R and DMC. Blue arrows on both MC in 4-1-4-1. Defensive mentality, down the flanks, pressing own half, mixed passing and counterattacking.

With the ND it was red arrows on DL/R, DMC and both MC's. Attacking, whole pitch, through the middle, short no counter or offside trap.
    I'm sorry. However you can try again next year

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    Hopefully this win will get the monkey off your back and you will go on to win many more
    It's annoying tough. there are people who won more cups in 5 seasons than me in 23

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by davide-acdc View Post
    I'm sorry. However you can try again next year
    Very true about next year. Its disappointing but their isn't much to be upset about regarding a 2nd place CL and 1st place league campaign.

I also have a great chance to see what I learned from last season tomorrow as I open the Champions League against the 4-3n-1-2. I'm probably going to start a 4-4-2 like you did in your final or 4-2-2-2 hexagon.

Good luck to you this season!

Hi pcmacdaniel,
    It's my second post in the forum after introducing myself a few days ago. So I'm not quite fond of how the forum works, but after reading your posts in this thread, I'd be glad if you could tell me how it worked your 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 hexagon against 4-3n-1-2.
    Actually, tomorrow I'm playing against a team that will probably use 4-3n-1-2. He hasn't lost a league match this season, and i could catch up with him if i win the game (only one defeat so far for my team). We're quite balanced. Maybe my team is a bit better, but i'm playing away.
    I'm thinking about using 4-1-4-1, with red arrows only on ML and MR. I'm also thinking about starting deffensive and change to regular depending on how the game goes.
    The other orders will be: attacking both flanks, mixed passing, own pitch, no counters, no offside.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Btw, if anybody else wants to give his advice, sure it will also be helpful.
    Good luck everybody from Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Carracedo View Post
    Hi pcmacdaniel,
    It's my second post in the forum after introducing myself a few days ago. So I'm not quite fond of how the forum works, but after reading your posts in this thread, I'd be glad if you could tell me how it worked your 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 hexagon against 4-3n-1-2.
    Actually, tomorrow I'm playing against a team that will probably use 4-3n-1-2. He hasn't lost a league match this season, and i could catch up with him if i win the game (only one defeat so far for my team). We're quite balanced. Maybe my team is a bit better, but i'm playing away.
    I'm thinking about using 4-1-4-1, with red arrows only on ML and MR. I'm also thinking about starting deffensive and change to regular depending on how the game goes.
    The other orders will be: attacking both flanks, mixed passing, own pitch, no counters, no offside.
    You could use 4-1-4-1 but i would suggest using 4-5-1 v style to put more pressure on his flanks. The rest of your orders seem good

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Thank you for answering RJSlow!
    I'll think about 4-5-1 V style, but playing away i'd rather use 4-1-4-1 motivating ML and MR. Depending on how it goes, I'm prepared to changing my ML and MR although my AML and AMR are not so good.
    Anyway, I'll post this afternoon my final choice and orders.
    Thank you again.

Hi again guys!
    I've just played the match and i got a 0-1 win. Not very brilliant score, i know, but it allows me to jump to #1 as i've beaten the leader.
    About the formations: actually during the day, my rival changed his formation from a 4-3N-1-2 (i didn't know whether to use 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 V style, and that was causing me headaches) to a 5-2-1-2 X style. He switched a 4* MC for a 3* DC.
    By doing so, i assumed he was trying to play defensively (a tie would leave him still alone on top), so in minute 4 before starting the game, i changed my formation to a 3N-1-4-2. And it worked:

Urgent: Need help against 4-3-1-2-screenshot-2014-06-12-19.49.43.jpg

Urgent: Need help against 4-3-1-2-screenshot-2014-06-12-19.50.32.jpg

Orders: both flanks as he had no players there, mixed passing, own pitch, no offside, no counter. I started with defensive mentality, scored minute 7, and switched to regular mentality from minute 20, just to see if i could see if i could get a bit more punch. But things didn't really changed, and as my team was performing quite well, i played with regular mentality till the end of the match.
    Nevertheless, i must improve because my rival didn't attend the match, and i had the support of a friend so i got extra possession. Maybe that was the small difference that made me win, as the game was actually quite balanced.
    Anyway, thank you all for your help and good luck!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni Carracedo View Post
    Hi pcmacdaniel,
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I was away from the computer due to work.

I won both matchups with the 4-4-2 classic against the 4-3n-1-2. I don't think the results are very telling of the success of the formation though since although my opponent being decent (4 and 5 star players), he's still sitting dead last in the group with 5 losses from 5 games. I won the games by scores of 3-0 and 3-1 respectively.

Congrats on your win!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12