Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How did I draw this game

How did I draw this game

Was it because his players had better form? My team is much much better than his
    Kibica likes this.

Addicted
    You probably need to look at your orders as well to see if there's anything to suggest a reason. But I find that playing the same formation as the other team I often have a team that plays a different formation. Mind you, I play 4-4-2 normally, and I win regularly so have yet to find a decent counter for it, so I'm not going to suggest a different formation against it.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Orders were Attacking - ML and MR forward - press own half - normal tackling - mixed passing - zonal marking

I've switched my MC and ST round to try and increase form for the next game tonight

Addicted
    Yeah, well if he was playing defensive, with or without counter then that could be an equal match to a better team playing attacking like yours was. And when you say you've switched you MC and ST around, I take it you mean that they're still playing in their normal positions, just you're using your other MC's and ST's?
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

I kept the same starting 11 but swamped the middleMC around and the middle ST

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashad Hussain View Post
    I kept the same starting 11 but swamped the middleMC around and the middle ST
    You'll get a possession penalty for playing players out of position. If you play them like that you will only get 20% possession no matter how many friends and fans turn up etc.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

No no my MCs are stll in MC position, just swapped them around

Addicted
    Oh, ok - I thought you'd switched the middle MC with the middle striker. Yeah - sometimes switching which position they play within the choice available to them can improve their performance.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

If his AMC was good that could have been the reason why he was able to draw against you, he was allowed to feed the strikers without much resistance. Also it could just be a freak result.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

His team looks decent and I personally would have been more careful if I was up against him. 3* players are sometimes better than 5* players so you can really say you are the better team.

4-3W-1-2 is actually very hard to beat if you get your orders wrong. I know, because I have used 4-3W-1-2 to win the league once. A lot of ppl think it is weak in the middle, but all you need is one good MC & AMC to make it work. And what do you know, his MC got an 8 match rating!

So yeah...your orders were wrong, he wasn't even playing defensive counter IMO, because if he was he would have lost. He was probably set to Normal or Attacking and he simply ran your midfield. You're actually quite lucky it was a draw not a loss.

What I can tell you, if you are planning to play 4-4-2, you need better wingers and MCs. They may be 5* but I think they are duds.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast