Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Formations advice

Eri

Formations advice

Hello guys,

I'm level 2 at the moment and will play against a level 3 team soon in cup and I can't make myself a choice between 2 formations, here is the formation i'll play against :
    Formations advice-capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2014-09-07-%C3%A0-03.58.47.jpg
    Here is the formation i'm playing at the moment, the one I mostly win with (ndiamond):
    Formations advice-capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2014-09-07-%C3%A0-04.04.52.jpg
    And I saw on that post that I should play a 4141 what do you think I should do ? Staying for a ndiamond or going to a 4141 ?
    Here is my 4141
    Formations advice-capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2014-09-07-%C3%A0-03.59.43.jpg
    How you guys would play it ?
    thanks for your advices
    Last edited by Eri; 09-07-2014 at 03:04 AM.
    Eri FC
    S01 : League Winner - Cup Winner.
    S02 : League Winner - Cup Winner - CL Winner.

Longest Unbeaten Run : 68 - Stopped by Alex Crew FC.

Dreamer
    4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 V Style
    Server 52

Eri
    I don't have enough player to play a v style, its 4141 or diamond, 451 sounds good too even tho i'm not so fan
    Eri FC

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    I have played against that formation 4 time this season and won all four playing my faithfull 4-1-3-2 (dl,dc,dc,dr,dmc,ml,mc,mr,st,st) so I would play that.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Famous
    4-1-3w-1-1

4-4-2 ND is pretty versatile formation, just don't use so many arrows.. i personally put a red arrow on my AMC and thats it
    As i can see you've got a good team with some scout players so i supose that you play against lower Q opponents..
    You should use attacking, passing thru middle, press whole pitch, normal tackling, mixed passing style, zonal marking, no counter n offside traps and you'r golden.. Good luck.

p.s: Whenever you see that u'r team is having hard times against some middle concentrated formation with 4 or 5 MC/L/R guys on the pitch and no AMC, just sub ur DMC with an MC and u'll be having 4-3-1-2
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

4-3-1-2 for me.
    I always said that formaions that have 3 players in W like this in the MC, with space, have more tendance to fail and be more unstable.
    Well is my sensation, like the defenses of 3... so I will suggest you, looking that you put dozens of arrows like me, try to control the MC with 3 MC's and 1 amc +2 ST's, 2 blues for the DC's and 8 red arrows.
    Maybe if you don't see the match very clear when start put, very defensive mentality with long passing, this with the 8 red arrows creates something that I call uniform, with 8 players to select in attack and more high intensity in defense. (well I understand myself :3 )

Usually I have good results playing very defensive with teams of more Quality. Prove if you see that don't goes as you want^^

Is there any disadvantage to experimenting with formations? I mean does your team play better if you play a consistent formation or does it not make any difference once players are all playing in their preferred positions?

Eri
    Hello guys, thanks for your asnwers
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    As i can see you've got a good team with some scout players so i supose that you play against lower Q opponents..
    I'm trying to have a good team yes and I have to agree that my team is most of the time higher 1-2 stars than the team I'm playing against, but all the team i'll play against from now have a great quality with alot of trained scouts like this guy i'll play against. I mean the game is really being competitive and I'm enjoying that.
    I think i'll stay with my ND and change it during the game if its bad, for a 4312 or maybe a 4141
    Eri FC

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Hello guys, thanks for your asnwers

I'm trying to have a good team yes and I have to agree that my team is most of the time higher 1-2 stars than the team I'm playing against, but all the team i'll play against from now have a great quality with alot of trained scouts like this guy i'll play against. I mean the game is really being competitive and I'm enjoying that.
    I think i'll stay with my ND and change it during the game if its bad, for a 4312 or maybe a 4141
    If your going to use 4-1-3-2 then put red arrows on all midfield and strikers, no arrows on the defencive, you can leave the Dmc empty aswell if you want a bit more cover. Orders, attacking, hard tackling, close down whole pitch or own half, attack down both flanks or mixed, zonal marking and force counter attacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast